United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2010, 12:41 AM
safingtons

Default Fergie retiring next month, Jose lined up

According to the Star tomorrow

http://twitter.com/DTguardian

No link up yet on their site. Would they write something like that unless they were sure? If we get number 19 I think this might be true. Bit scary thinking about SAF not being our boss in 3 weeks time.

Unread 19-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Rhodzy

Default Re: Fergie retiring next month, Jose lined up

Poor Dioufs brother.

Unread 19-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Sandman

%@#$&!s.

Unread 19-04-2010, 12:57 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Poor Dioufs brother.
Quote:
"He was attacked from behind by some Manchester City supporters as he was walking away from the ground"
Bitter @#%&!s.

Unread 19-04-2010, 01:06 AM
schnitzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons

No link up yet on their site. [SIZE="6"]Would they write something like that unless they were sure? If we get number 19 I think this might be true. Bit scary thinking about SAF not being our boss in 3 weeks time.
No, why would they...Unless...no wait they want to sell papers...but surely the truth will out.

Aside from the obvious, sooner or later we will need a replacement, the pressure at United to win something after Fergies gone is going to be greater than when Fergie arrived (it was pretty £#%&!ing intense then).

When Mourinhio took over Chelsea he had half a side, unless Fergie makes some changes thats what the next managers getting, Mourinhio went for results, not substance Fergie (admittedly there was a little blip of shit football 4 5 1 until he got it right and Carlos helped) we have always played a certain way, we have adapted with the current climste of football but ultimately we play United Football.

Who else out there plays like that?

Unread 19-04-2010, 01:12 AM
MIFF

Quote:

No link up yet on their site. Would they write something like that unless they were sure? If we get number 19 I think this might be true. Bit scary thinking about SAF not being our boss in 3 weeks time.
Fergie out, jose in at the end of next season, according to ssn copy of the star. Hope not

Unread 19-04-2010, 01:15 AM
RedMenace

Quote:

Bill Thornton the Star journo has made a big call here. Worth bearing in mind he's their dedicated United journalist, always at Carrington on Fridays and one Fergie has dripped info to in the past. I saw one of SAF's press conferences the other week he was laughing and joking with him at the start. He'll look like a proper clown if this doesn't happen.

Unread 19-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFF
Fergie out, jose in at the end of next season, according to ssn copy of the star. Hope not
That Daniel Taylor on his twitter said this.

Quote:
just to clarify, they are saying Fergie will stand down at the end of the current season (ie he has 3/4 weeks left). Major, major call .
So he's saying the Star are saying at the end of this season. I can't see it myself, Fergie has already been talking about players for next season. Unless he's got health problems it sounds like %@#$&!s.

Unread 19-04-2010, 01:22 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
SIR Alex Ferguson will quit Manchester United at the end of next season – and Jose Mourinho will succeed him.

Ferguson aims to complete an unprecedented 25 seasons in charge at Old Trafford before calling time on the most successful managerial career in history.

By then, the man who took over in November 1986, hopes to have steered United to a record number of title wins and, hopefully, a third Champions League success.

Starsport understands United have already lined up the charismatic Mourinho, currently in charge of Inter Milan. Ferguson, who will be 69 on December 31, has been involved in discussions about his successor for the past few years.

Mourinho, who recently talked about his love-hate relationship with Italian football, earmarked himself as a potential successor to the remarkable Ferguson six years ago when his Porto team knocked United out of the Champions League at Old Trafford – and went on to lift the trophy.

Mourinho then took over at Chelsea and, for two years, dented United’s domination of the Premier League.

He is desperate to return to England – and the United job is the one he wants most of all.

Ferguson has delivered an amazing 11 Premier titles to Old Trafford and, after the weekend’s results, is poised to make it 12.

That would mean a record 19 Championships for the club, a milestone many people thought would signal Ferguson’s retirement.

But he has no intention of stepping aside yet. Ferguson’s retirement has been a closely-guarded secret ever since he did a dramatic U-turn in 2002.

Since then, Ferguson has led the club to a second Champions League success and four league titles. Now, just one point behind Chelsea after Saturday’s results, United are poised to claim yet another Premier League crown. And, still, Ferguson will want more.

The man who moved from Aberdeen to transform United from sleeping giant into the most successful club in the country is an almost impossible act to follow. United have decided Mourinho is the man to give it a go.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/...E-MOURINHO-IN/

They're saying end of next season, which seems very plausible.

Unread 19-04-2010, 01:25 AM
safingtons

Decent wum by Taylor.

Unread 19-04-2010, 01:28 AM
ScarFace

Wont go till 19. He'l change his mind if we're not gunna win it by the end of next season.

Unread 19-04-2010, 01:46 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

If it's true, £#%&!ing hell it's gonna be a long summer.

Unread 19-04-2010, 01:53 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
If it's true, £#%&!ing hell it's gonna be a long summer.
You mean summer of 2011?

Unread 19-04-2010, 05:38 AM
TreeFiddy

£#%&! off Mourinho.

Unread 19-04-2010, 06:23 AM
elephantstone

If he doesnt get any money in the summer for new players he might call it day.

Unread 19-04-2010, 07:44 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
If he doesnt get any money in the summer for new players he might call it day.
Of course the excellent glazers will stump up. The debts less now, all cracks have been papered over, plus he'll have £90 mill from the sale of Rooney to spend.

Happy days

Unread 19-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Switching Off

Just seen Mourinho at Manchester Airport. This is definitely happening.

Unread 19-04-2010, 08:52 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Just seen Mourinho at Manchester Airport. This is definitely happening.
a month early? Get £#%&!ed

Unread 19-04-2010, 08:55 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/...E-MOURINHO-IN/

They're saying end of next season, which seems very plausible.
This.

I'd rather this happen than the Bitters or Vermin get him.I know the shite he's had at Inter, but I've got this unshakable feeling that:

a) He'll be £#%&!ing great at United

b) He's unarsed about his current job because of United

anyone else, or is it just me?

Unread 19-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
This.

I'd rather this happen than the Bitters or Vermin get him.I know the shite he's had at Inter, but I've got this unshakable feeling that:

a) He'll be £#%&!ing great at United

b) He's unarsed about his current job because of United

anyone else, or is it just me?
Spot on.

He will be adored at United - the press comments etc cant wait, all the while SIR Alex will be a director bossing it at functions and Tv shows . will be quality.
Closed Thread