United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-02-2010, 10:53 AM
dodger

Default Re: I bet you are all really surprised about this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
no transfer fee.

nailed on, imo.

nft.
Indeed, would represent good value even at thos wages. Needs to prove his injury hasn't £#%&!ed him up though

Unread 18-02-2010, 10:53 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Can't really see him leaving Chelsea but he's definatley the type of player we're missing from the squad.
Fergie's been a big fan since he was about 14 too.

Unread 18-02-2010, 10:54 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody Creek
have any of you seen how bad he is? Didn't have a single decent game after his first serious injury, and has been even worse since the second one.
You'd know better than most Woody. Would you like to hang on to him at Chelsea?

Unread 18-02-2010, 11:00 AM
borsuk

he's a quality player but the last thing we need is another injury-prone player.

Unread 18-02-2010, 01:27 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

This picture sums him up perfectly.

Unread 18-02-2010, 01:35 PM
armchair

He is not a quality player.

Unread 18-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Fergie's been a big fan since he was about 14 too.
Aye, given a United shirt, allowed on the team coach and rumour has it allowed to give David May a reach around.

Unread 18-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: Joe Cole

Quote:
MANCHESTER UNITED are ready to make a summer move for England midfielder Joe Cole if he cannot resolve his contract dispute at Chelsea.

Talks on a new deal for Cole have dragged on for weeks and are no nearer being concluded.

Cole, 28, will be out of contract in the summer and clubs are now beginning to be alerted that his future is becoming increasingly uncertain. Sir Alex Ferguson has been an admirer of Cole for some time and the prospect of picking up such an experienced and talented player on the cheap would be an attractive one.

United boss Ferguson is looking for reinforcements on the left for Ryan Giggs and Cole, who could be available as a free agent, would be a bargain.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp groomed Cole at West Ham and turned him into a star.

He would love to take him to White Hart Lane but Cole’s £80,000-a-week wages at Stamford Bridge are out of his range. Cole has told friends that he would at some stage like to play under Ferguson. He would like to stay at his first love, Chelsea, but talks over a new deal are at a stalemate.

He wants to be moved into the same £120,000-plus wage bracket as players such as Nicolas Anelka, but the club are reluctant to hand out big-money deals in the current financial climate.

And Cole has had a miserable season. He came back from a cruciate ligament injury in September and has since started just nine games under Carlo Ancelotti, above, finishing only three.

He has made another six substitute appearances, adding up to only 814 minutes of playing time in five months.

On Saturday Cole was hauled off by Ancelotti at half-time against Cardiff in the FA Cup.

Ancelotti says Cole is still a part of his plans, but Manchester City are also keen on Cole and there will be no shortage of suitors.
The lack of quotes leads me to believe that this must be true. If everybody is keeping schtum something's going on right?

would love to sign him on a free though.

Unread 18-02-2010, 01:48 PM
koppas

Koppas exclusive #3.

Unread 18-02-2010, 01:48 PM
naes_sean

watch this space

Unread 18-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Pop

Thumbs down Re: Joe Cole

£120k a week?

Cheeky £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 05-03-2010, 09:44 AM
koppas

Been linked with him in the Daily Mail today.

It's on.

Fergie always gets his man, eventually.

Unread 05-03-2010, 09:47 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Been linked with him in the Daily Mail today.

It's on.

Fergie always gets his man, eventually.
who wrote the article? If its bob cass its pretty much nailed on.

Unread 05-03-2010, 09:49 AM
koppas

Dunno mate. The Daily Mail are usually pretty good with their stories to be fair.

I think if he leaves Chelsea, it will definitely be to United.

Unread 05-03-2010, 09:55 AM
borsuk

Quote:
I think if he leaves Chelsea, it will definitely be to United.
yeah. definitely united.

or somebody else.

so a 50% chance then

Unread 05-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

I'd love it if he came here. I love the fact that we'd be signing a player that has showed so much promise, is only 28, and on a free. We all know that fergie could transform him. A move to united, playing with Rooney, scholes, giggs. I'm sure if he has the choice he'd rather come to us than city or spurs.

Unread 05-03-2010, 10:01 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
I'd love it if he came here. I love the fact that we'd be signing a player that has showed so much promise, is only 28, and on a free. We all know that fergie could transform him. A move to united, playing with Rooney, scholes, giggs. I'm sure if he has the choice he'd rather come to us than city or spurs.
Oh fo' sho', yo.

Unread 05-03-2010, 10:17 AM
MUFC One Love

It would be an interesting signing and I think he'd wanna come to United and would get a new lease of life. He hasn't been treated well at Chelsea for years tbh.

However, this 'signing free transfers' thing that seems to be a part of our club now is starting to worry me. The Glazers really are having an effect and I this summer we'll hear the 'no value after the World Cup line'.

Unread 05-03-2010, 10:22 AM
koppas

To be fair Joe Cole on a free would be fantastic value.

Even if we have to pay him £100,000 a week on a three year contract - £15m?

I'd sanction that. Fo' sho.

Unread 05-03-2010, 10:26 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
To be fair Joe Cole on a free would be fantastic value.

Even if we have to pay him £100,000 a week on a three year contract - £15m?

I'd sanction that. Fo' sho.
Yeah it would, but we need more than Joe Cole tbh. When you recieve a world record fee of £80m for the world's best player and you're signing players on free transfers, you know you're £#%&!ed, tbh. Like you say, it's great value but we need to also pay for someone else as well who is top class.

Good thing is with Cole he can play on both wings or even central behind the striker. Fergie loves versatilty in players so it wouldn't surprise me to see us sign Cole.
Closed Thread