Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Sloppy

Default Re: Nani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Uh-oh

My moneys on serenity.Ninth round ko by a graph.

Unread 13-01-2010, 08:59 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Uh-oh

Unread 13-01-2010, 09:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
nani has done nothing to suggest he's a better bet than park
Really? For all Park's running off the ball, I don't think it'd be possible to make a serious case for him offering the same level of productivity as Nani in the final third. Even in Nani's supposedly poor games, he often creates chances, either for himself or other players. Park is often close to anonymous in an attacking sense.

Unread 13-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Redhod99

He is a rarity in our squad in that he can create a moment from nothing that generally leads to a goal. He is a frustrating £#%&!er but he probably sets up more goals than any other player we have barring Giggs.

Unread 13-01-2010, 09:05 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Unfortunately, rather than progressing, he's since gone backwards. So it's really more like 50-60% of the time
fair enough. projecting forwards, then, we can expect to reach 90% sometime around the start of next season. in any case, ta ra.

i think the lack of progress (in fact, the regressing) of anderson and nani has been the main reason for our problems this season. i certainly expect one of them, at least, to be shipped out and replaced but with nani likely to be a starter for portugal in the wc we'd be mad to sell him in january when there's a fair chance his value will be higher in august.

i think it's a case of muddling through until the summer. nani's goose is cooked; a decision on anderson will probably be made at the end of the season, depending on how he performs and what kind of replacements will be available. i thought anderson's interview the other week was revealing, actually, and perhaps a sign that he'd been given an indication that improvement was expected in the remainder of the season.

Unread 13-01-2010, 09:09 PM
taff

£#%&! it, give him a run. it's not like the rest of them are setting the world alight. a few weeks back i wouldn't have been too keen on having kuszczak in goal but he's done alright.

nani is a thick sod though

Unread 13-01-2010, 09:09 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Really? For all Park's running off the ball, I don't think it'd be possible to make a serious case for him offering the same level of productivity as Nani in the final third. Even in Nani's supposedly poor games, he often creates chances, either for himself or other players. Park is often close to anonymous in an attacking sense.
i think park creates a lot by his movement and awareness, even if it doesn't show in goals or assists. we look a much more fluent unit with him in than with nani there - nani slows the attack up horribly imo.

i think park is a more than decent squad player. i don't think nani will ever be that, though i do think he'll do fine at a smaller club in a league without the premier league's physical demands.

Unread 13-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
£#%&! it, give him a run. it's not like the rest of them are setting the world alight. a few weeks back i wouldn't have been too keen on having kuszczak in goal but he's done alright.

nani is a thick sod though
I agree

Unread 14-01-2010, 12:27 AM
NinoyAquino

I like him and rate him as a footballer and I'm mystified as to why he hasn't made it at OT.

Couple of reasons I've thought about. Although they should have come out their shell Nani (and Anderson fwiw) has missed Ronaldo's influence this season. He also probably needs a manager / team to have more confidence in him. I think the beginning of the end for him was back in May 2008 when he got sent off for headbutting Lucas Neill. It was a must win game against West Ham (even though we 3-0 up at the time) and his stock has declined with the supporters slowly since, who haven't afforded him the patience like they have some other players.

That said, it shouldn't be forgotten that the lad showed massive balls stepping up to take that penalty against Chelsea in Moscow, scored some great goals and is prone to flashes of brilliance (admittedly becoming more and more rare)

I struggle to see the harm in starting him against Burnley, because i can't see how he'd be less of a goal threat than anyone else in our midfield at the moment.

Unread 14-01-2010, 02:15 AM
Terry Silver

So long as it's not a backs-to-the-wall away game in the Nou Camp or somewhere like that, I'd rather Nani in the side than Park any day.

Unread 16-01-2010, 07:25 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thought he was good today, allways looked a threat. IMO we're a better side with him in it.

Unread 16-01-2010, 07:27 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Thought he was good today, allways looked a threat. IMO we're a better side with him in it.

Unread 16-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Wez

Nope

In the first half our players wouldnt even pass to him, they played a 40 yard crosses field pass to Valencia instead of the easy pass to Nani

And that £#%&!ing shot that nearly went out for a throw in in the 2nd half

Just hope the useless @#%&! was in the shop window today

the @#%&!

Unread 16-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Stubbsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez

Just hope the useless @#%&! was in the shop window today

the @#%&!

Charity Shop

send the @#%&! to haiti

Unread 16-01-2010, 07:30 PM
borsuk

shop window, hopefully he'll not hurt himself before we get rid.

Unread 16-01-2010, 07:30 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Unread 16-01-2010, 07:31 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Unread 16-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Tiberian

He had a good first half, far less ball than Valencia but did well when he had it, put some good balls in and looked to create all the time. He is always capable of something out of nothing, that overhead kick was the best moment of the first half.

Poor second half, fluffed a succession of crosses, but it was his first game for quite a while, just back from injury.

I always think he would be better on the right though.

Unread 16-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Redhod99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
He had a good first half, far less ball than Valencia but did well when he had it, put some good balls in and looked to create all the time. He is always capable of something out of nothing, that overhead kick was the best moment of the first half.

Poor second half, fluffed a succession of crosses, but it was his first game for quite a while, just back from injury.

I always think he would be better on the right though.
Some sense, finally.

The reason Valencia got more of the ball, you @#%&!s, is because he was playing against the worst left back in the history of the league who didn't bother marking him.

Nani was good today, he makes things happen, he is also shite at times but he has ability. The same cannot be said for Park. If any of you can't see he offers us something then you shouldn't be watching football.

Unread 16-01-2010, 07:37 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
Some sense, finally.

The reason Valencia got more of the ball, you @#%&!s, is because he was playing against the worst left back in the history of the league who didn't bother marking him.

Nani was good today, he makes things happen, he is also shite at times but he has ability. The same cannot be said for Park. If any of you can't see he offers us something then you shouldn't be watching football.
Closed Thread