United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-05-2010, 03:06 PM
carlosartorial

Default Re: James Milner

My Appletango impression, what do you think?

Unread 25-05-2010, 03:07 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
The carrick and hargo signings were like a ticket for the trip down the yellow brick road - one has no heart and the other no knees........

"I could start in all the big games
Surrounded by the big names
Oh I would be a hit
And my shoulders won't be shruggin'
Cause my team mates I'd be huggin'
If I wasn't £#%&!ing shit"

Unread 25-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Sparky***

How long does a period of "bad form" have to last before a player is regarded as being shit?

Unread 25-05-2010, 03:10 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
How long does a period of "bad form" have to last before a player is regarded as being shit?
2 years. 3 in Andersons case.

Unread 25-05-2010, 03:14 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

"I could start in all the big games
Surrounded by the big names
Oh I would be a hit
And my shoulders won't be shruggin'
Cause my team mates I'd be huggin'
If I wasn't £#%&!ing shit"
I thought the carrick signing was shite from day 1, berbatov may have his day yet but can see it going very veron.

Unread 25-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Crixus00

Quote:
... but can see it going very veron.

Unread 25-05-2010, 03:41 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: James Milner

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
My Appletango impression, what do you think?
not enough quotes. needs some random insult about my wife or kids as well. other than that, not bad.

Unread 25-05-2010, 03:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
I thought the carrick signing was shite from day 1, berbatov may have his day yet but can see it going very veron.
The last 4 years must've been pretty disappointing for your opinion of Carrick as a whole then.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Unread 25-05-2010, 06:43 PM
marlo

as poor as carrick is playing,on his day he is still a better centre midfielder than hargreaves.

its amazing how some describe hargreaves. hargreaves reminds me of milner but not as good in my opinion.

Unread 25-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
I thought the carrick signing was shite from day 1
Got that one quite badly wrong didnt you?

Unread 25-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Whalefish

Hargreaves is a good player when fit, he just isn't these days and probably won't be anytime soon.

Folly to suggest he's a poor player, crap, or whatever. He certainly isn't the second coming but he isn't as poor as a few would paint him.

Such a shame he didn't stay fit long enough to form a partnerhsip with Anderson. Promise was certainly there, sadly one ended up crocked the other just ended up flattering to deceive.

Unread 25-05-2010, 07:17 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Hargreaves is a damn good player when fit, he just isn't these days and probably won't be anytime soon.

Folly to suggest he's a poor player, crap, or whatever. He certainly isn't the second coming but he isn't as poor as a few would paint him.
Agreed, he's somewhere in the middle.

Don't understand the big witch-hunt for Carrick, he's had 3 good seasons and 1 poor one. Done alright for us.

Unread 25-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Agreed, he's somewhere in the middle.

Don't understand the big witch-hunt for Carrick, he's had 3 good seasons and 1 poor one. Done alright for us.
If he's not world class, he's shite. Or something. I dunno. I'm happy enough with the squad as it is but would like a couple of additions on top of the two young lads signed (oh, and that Standard Leige full back). An attacker and a midfielder would be great but to bring those two in, given the new squad rulings, they either have to be U21 or two of the current squad need shifting on.

I don't know who, and tbh apart from a few of the current squad, I don't care either. Just think the squad needs freshening up a little.

Shifting a few out is fine - but we're skint so I'm trying to be a touch more realistic about possible new faces, and given who could go are the alternatives that much better?

I'm off for a smoke to give it some thought.

Unread 25-05-2010, 08:03 PM
magic_cantona

Carricks United career has been a lot more outstanding than poor.

Incredible for anyone to think otherwise tbh.

Unread 25-05-2010, 08:18 PM
suedeshoes

Carrick's been an integral part of the side thats won 3 league titles and a European cup in the 4 years he's been here. He's not gonna make kids type "soooo sick dem skillz blad" on a youtube vid but he's an exceptional exponant of what he does. The 606 mentality is ruling this thread.

Being such a gormless looking Pob-eared @#%&! makes him an easy target tbf.

Unread 25-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up Michael Carrick likes this

Unread 26-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Alan

Carrick is an average plodder. It's incredible that anyone could ever call him outstanding. He was part of a side including ronaldo, rooney, vidic ferdinand and evra at their peak. He benefited from them far more than them from him.

'Outstanding' is reserved for the likes of xavi, iniesta, fabregas and essien. (and andy cole, obviously) Suggesting that a player who goes unnoticed because he's a plodder is actually world class doesn't make you come across as a football sage who sees things others don't.

Unread 26-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Whalefish

Who has branded a good player world class?

Unread 26-05-2010, 06:29 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Who has branded a good player world class?

Closed Thread