Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Baron

Default Re: Nani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Long may this awesome form continue.
Where do we go from here though... if he's shit the next game, would you bung Valencia straight back in? he's done £#%&! all wrong for me & appears accepting of the culture of the modern game, rotation & the need for specific players exploiting specific opponents etc, but would Nani lose this new found confidence should be binned off immediately after 1 poor effort?

I think it's clear he's on a run of form, he should be in the side for the next few weeks imo.

Unread 01-02-2010, 12:43 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzalsar3
He attracted huge ongoing regular criticism in his early career at United for having no end product, too many stepovers, hanging onto the ball too long. In fact some might say those only went away once he started to be a bit more greedy and score more goals himself.

So was Giggs savagely criticised at several points in his career for his perceived effort, desire, skill, pace, passing, decision making.
all of that is true, but the post didn't say 'there are plenty of £#%&!wits amongst united's support'.

Unread 01-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Ethers

That 1st half performance yesterday brought a tear to my eye. I've always been one of Nanners' biggest fans, but to be honest at the start of the season I had my doubts he'd ever make it here.

No coincidence that his current upturn in form coincided with me making that infamous comment about his ability that made it's way into Rollasole's sig though. He was obviously stung by the criticism, and it has spurred him into some of the best performances of his career. I must remember to call Anderson a fat lumbering @#%&! before his next game.

Unread 01-02-2010, 12:59 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

The most important thing for me is that the boo boy #@&%! heads may get off his back a little.
When Ronaldo first came to the club the ammount of stick he used to get if he tried 1 step over to many was unreal. All it took was a couple of good performances and goals [Arsenal 4-2 away springs to mind] and people weren't as quick to jump on his back which gave him time to get his confidence up and develop his game.
Please Eric let the same thing happen to Nani, he may not have the best of games on Saturday against Portsmouth and if he dosn't I'd like to think that people will give him a bit of encouragement. Wingers on the whole tend to be inconsistant but things are looking good for the lad.

Unread 01-02-2010, 02:10 PM
tdf1

Nani is god

Unread 01-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
That 1st half performance yesterday brought a tear to my eye. I've always been one of Nanners' biggest fans, but to be honest at the start of the season I had my doubts he'd ever make it here.

No coincidence that his current upturn in form coincided with me making that infamous comment about his ability that made it's way into Rollasole's sig though. He was obviously stung by the criticism, and it has spurred him into some of the best performances of his career. I must remember to call Anderson a fat lumbering @#%&! before his next game.

Unread 01-02-2010, 02:23 PM
rafabio

I just hope this doesn't unsettle valencia in any way or else will be back at square 1 where will have 1 effective winger.

Unread 01-02-2010, 02:26 PM
silv

We've gotta hope that Obertan is good enough for the left spot

No point in playing nani on the left is there.

hes looked class for Portugal on the right too

Unread 01-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
We've gotta hope that Obertan is good enough for the left spot

Unread 01-02-2010, 02:37 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
fuzzy in no faith in united player shocker

Unread 01-02-2010, 05:52 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
should have been a red can't believe no one mentioned in in the papers...oh hang on

made up for Nanners yesterday...best comeback since Lazarus imo honest
Lee Dixon on the radio thought it shouldn't have been a booking.

Unread 01-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

It wasn't a red card. He stood on his foot when both players were going in at the same time.
if a United player was booked for that I'd be outraged.

Unread 01-02-2010, 05:54 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Lee Dixon on the radio thought it shouldn't have been a booking.
ffs

Unread 25-04-2010, 11:01 AM
El Chalten

bttt.

nft.

Unread 23-05-2010, 11:01 AM
safingtons

Unread 23-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
how the £#%&! did we end up losing that bayern tie ffs

Unread 23-05-2010, 02:49 PM
silv

nani is the £#%&!ing man

Unread 23-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
how the £#%&! did we end up losing that bayern tie ffs
- rooney missing a sitter in the first leg. 2 yards out :shakhead:
- nani missed a couple of good chances in that game.
- rafael. he was a silly boy, even if the bayern players managed to intimidate the ref
- Leaving an injured rooney on after we'd gone 3 up, then putting nani up top on his own when he did come off. baffling.
- the last minute goal in the first leg

hope this helps

Unread 23-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
- rooney missing a sitter in the first leg. 2 yards out :shakhead:
- nani missed a couple of good chances in that game.
- rafael. he was a silly boy, even if the bayern players managed to intimidate the ref
- Leaving an injured rooney on after we'd gone 3 up, then putting nani up top on his own when he did come off. baffling.
- the last minute goal in the first leg

hope this helps
And basically waiting for them to score before we tried to attack at all with 10 men.

Unread 23-05-2010, 03:48 PM
thatsfuctit

this pen is £#%&!ing amazing

Closed Thread