United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-03-2016, 05:58 AM
Stickman

Still think this guy needs a second season.

Unread 25-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Whip Hubley

Based on what we've seen so far, I'm not impressed. Nani had all the talent in the world but never really had the consistency.

A lot of people defending the fact he's been in the media a lot with regards to his lifestyle, but isn't that the point? If you're not performing on the pitch to be honest I'd prefer he keep his £#%&!ing head down and work hard to show what he can do. To me he's almost a persona of the gutless united we've seen at times this season.

Not against him having a second season because he is obviously a talent and maybe when he gets used to the league he'll improve, but his attitude seems pretty poor to me. Whining to the media that he's becoming an outcast at united doesn't exactly help matters. I'm really not sure who's giving these kids advice sometimes

Unread 25-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Luffy

I'd like to see him without LVG tbf. All our dribblers seem reluctant to actually take their man on or make a single mistake.

Memphis on his day seems like he can be as good as any winger out there.

Unread 25-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
I'd like to see him without LVG tbf. All our dribblers seem reluctant to actually take their man on or make a single mistake.

Memphis on his day seems like he can be as good as any winger out there.
ok.

I'm devastated how Martial and Rashford are so reluctant to take players on tbh

Unread 25-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Denis Irwell

A bit pointless getting rid of Nani for this fanny

Unread 25-03-2016, 01:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
ok.

I'm devastated how Martial and Rashford are so reluctant to take players on tbh

Writing attacking players off at 21/22 in their first season with the club/in the country btw was excellent against Arsenal just a few short weeks ago..

Unread 25-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Denis Irwell

Wouldn't write him off but he needs to find his "on" switch. Jose will give him a chance but if he doesn't clock on he'll be off.

Unread 25-03-2016, 01:38 PM
ryanMUFC

Nani was more promising in his first season, if he gets another season then it's only a matter of time before the crowd lose their patience with him. He doesn't look like he has any work ethic in him, it looks like he's come here thinking he's the end product. You could see that Ronaldo had something, that hasn't been visible with Memphis other than a hat-trick against a side from Belgium.

Unread 25-03-2016, 03:37 PM
Tiberian

Nani was more talented than Depay, most notable in tight situations or from a standing start. That is where Depay struggles, unless he has momentum he finds it difficult to beat a man. Needs the team to move the ball quickly, instead of the passive play from the first half o the season

Slight signs of improvement as the season has progressed, he was very good against Arsenal, a very mature and responsible performance.

Unread 25-03-2016, 03:41 PM
silv

Finally got some good performances and then he gets dropped again

Poor management

Unread 25-03-2016, 03:52 PM
dunk

Doesn't help that his best postion is from the left and Martial's best performances are also from there.

Unread 25-03-2016, 07:55 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Nani was more promising in his first season, if he gets another season then it's only a matter of time before the crowd lose their patience with him. He doesn't look like he has any work ethic in him, it looks like he's come here thinking he's the end product. You could see that Ronaldo had something, that hasn't been visible with Memphis other than a hat-trick against a side from Belgium.
he didn't score a hat-trick hth

oh and he's £#%&!ing shite

Unread 25-03-2016, 10:18 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Finally got some good performances and then he gets dropped again

Poor management
Dropping him for Watford (?) Match seemed daft. Looked good against mitedland and then arsenal. Desperately needed a show of faith after that to gain some momentum and didn't get it.

Unread 25-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Dropping him for Watford (?) Match seemed daft. Looked good against mitedland and then arsenal. Desperately needed a show of faith after that to gain some momentum and didn't get it.
He played the full 90 vs Watford. Dropped against WBA for Lingard, came back for Liverpool away when Lingard was suspended and has since been benched.

Unread 25-03-2016, 11:06 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He played the full 90 vs Watford. Dropped against WBA for Lingard, came back for Liverpool away when Lingard was suspended and has since been benched.
Sorry, yes. West Brom.

Unread 26-03-2016, 12:27 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
He played against Watford and was shite hth

Unread 26-03-2016, 02:53 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Needs ,to grow a set of bollox - show of faith might follow

Unread 26-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Bunker Buster

2 assists last night against France, whipped in a very nice free kick...

People writing him off

Unread 26-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Needs ,to grow a set of b***** - show of faith might follow
What does that even mean?

Played well for two matches, then underwhelmed in the third and was immediately dropped. No real opportunity to develop in the side. It basically says 'play well every week or youll be dropped'. In a season where NOBODY has played well all week.

Others seems to be able to get away with patchy form.

He's hardly set the world alight, but I'd like to see him getting more chances than he does. I wouldn't give up on him yet. Getting tired of us giving up on players after less than one full season.

Not sending him on against Liverpool when we needed to score four was criminal.

Unread 26-03-2016, 04:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Not sending him on against Liverpool when we needed to score four was criminal
Yeah cos we would have done so then, nqat

It has to be said that his seeming attitude doesn't help him overmuch.
Closed Thread