United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:57 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
well for a start tevez didn't play as a lone striker up front scoring goals. he always played supporting striker role in which he excelled in.
he won't be doing that here.
No, he'll be playing in a front 3 which will be very fluid.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:59 PM
sharath

which is what I said. It will be fluid. whether that will result in goals need to be seen.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
well for a start tevez didn't play as a lone striker up front scoring goals. he always played supporting striker role in which he excelled in.
he won't be doing that here.
Erm I seem to remember him playing up top scoring goals for Corinthians. Don't recall seeing many games where he played as the support striker either.

And he'll end up playing in a relatively fluid attacking system when everyone's back and fully fit. He'll be fine.

Not match fit atm, not even close.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
which is what I said. It will be fluid. whether that will result in goals need to be seen.
Yes and in that front 3 when all are fit, there would be no room for Anelka which might explain why we wouldn't sign him. That was basically the point I was making.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:02 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Erm I seem to remember him playing up top scoring goals for Corinthians. Don't recall seeing many games where he played as the support striker either.

And he'll end up playing in a relatively fluid attacking system when everyone's back and fully fit. He'll be fine.

Not match fit atm, not even close.
I do recall actually. Yes he did make runs beyond the defender but even rooney did it last season. he was in a free role behind striker.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:06 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yes and in that front 3 when all are fit, there would be no room for Anelka which might explain why we wouldn't sign him. That was basically the point I was making.
An impatient man would say write Saha off, and sign Anelka with a view of binning Mr Glass at the earliest opportunity.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
An impatient man would say write Saha off, and sign Anelka with a view of binning Mr Glass at the earliest opportunity.
Yes but it seems United are unwilling to do so. Fergie presumably thinks that now they've actually correctly diagnosed the injury and treated it correctly, Sha may actually be fit this season.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
I do recall actually. Yes he did make runs beyond the defender but even rooney did it last season. he was in a free role behind striker.
Which would be fine but I don't recall Tevez playing up top with a striker when he had his best season for Corinthians. I stand corrected though.

Like I said, this lad will be fine.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:14 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
this lad will be fine.
yes. he will be but not united.

I hope the other way round though.

Hopefully we stuff spurs 4-5 goals. they are incredibly weak in defence and Bale might be given a start.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
yes. he will be but not united.
Don't agree with that at all. He isn't even 50% fit yet, has no pre-season and is currently being asked to do a job up top until the rest come back. When he gets his sharpness back and has got to understand the rest of his team mates he'll be mint.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:18 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Yes but it seems United are unwilling to do so. Fergie presumably thinks that now they've actually correctly diagnosed the injury and treated it correctly, Sha may actually be fit this season.
I understand that to be the case too. However, from a supporters p.o.v, I'll believe that when I see it.

A statement of some sort from Saha would go a long way to allaying our, (alright, my) fears.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I understand that to be the case too. However, from a supporters p.o.v, I'll believe that when I see it.

A statement of some sort from Saha would go a long way to allaying our, (alright, my) fears.
Oh I agree with you, I treat any suggestion of a fit Saha with a rather large pinch of salt.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:23 PM
The Return of JC

Saha's been back in full training for over a week now hasn't he?

Hargreaves had hardly trained at all and played a full 90.

I suspect they're just being as cautious as possible with Louis so that when he's back he's here to stay. I expect he'll be on the bench for either Sunday or Sunderland.

He must be imminent.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:29 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Oh I agree with you, I treat any suggestion of a fit Saha with a rather large pinch of salt.
Trouble is, realistically, we won't see the best of Saha (or Tevez for that matter) until October at the earliest -

My fear, however unjustified, is that we could be out of contention by then.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:30 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Saha's been back in full training for over a week now hasn't he?

Hargreaves had hardly trained at all and played a full 90.

I suspect they're just being as cautious as possible with Louis so that when he's back he's here to stay. I expect he'll be on the bench for either Sunday or Sunderland.

He must be imminent.
I think they have him lined up for the next reserve game, it was mentioned on here yesterday.

Not sure if that rules him out for the bench in the next match or two.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:34 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Trouble is, realistically, we won't see the best of Saha (or Tevez for that matter) until October at the earliest -

My fear, however unjustified, is that we could be out of contention by then.
Probably not, but with Saha in the side we will have more of a natural shape and balance that will allow other players to flourish. I expect Tevez will get better the more he plays, as will Nani. Hagreaves is back and Anderson should be imminent.

We just need to grind some results out. We've got back to back home games now and it's a good chance to sneak a couple of 1-0 or 2-0 results and get the side's confidence back too.

I think we need to acknowledge that the side needs the confidence boost of goals and wins like any other too.
They're only human.
Once we get a few breaks and the goals go in then we'll settle down. We just need to knuckle down and tread water for a while until form and fitness returns to the squad.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:35 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I think they have him lined up for the next reserve game, it was mentioned on here yesterday.

Not sure if that rules him out for the bench in the next match or two.
If I had to guess, I'd say he'll be on the bench against Sunderland.

Things will look a lot better once he's back.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:36 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
If I had to guess, I'd say he'll be on the bench against Sunderland.

Things will look a lot better once he's back.
the sun come out tomorrow
bet your bottom dollar on tomorrow

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:37 PM
scherben

Don't let this horrible over-rated @#%&! anywhere near OT

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
the sun come out tomorrow
bet your bottom dollar on tomorrow
Closed Thread