United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
A striker who can play higher up the field is needed more than another of a type we already have. Hes obviously a good player. Hes not as good as Rooney.
I think you're living in the past, it hardly helped us when we had that striker, the Ruud years saw some of our worst football and we were quite frankly dreadfu in Europe. I think the way forward is as Fergie seemingly thinks, to have flexible pacy skillful players who can play across a forward line, like Ronnie and Rooney do. By the way, Tevez has been playing right up top at times for the Argies and doing it very well and he also did for the irons and Rooney showed in a proper 3 he's happy doing it too last season.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:18 PM
rebelcountyred

i am holding fire on which player is the better of the two, tbh i hope they are both equally as brilliant, however going on playing at the very highest level i would say that tevez has proved his quality on a more consistent basis.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:22 PM
suedeshoes

We'll see. I hope SAF has got it right. I hope Tevez turns out to be an integral part of an exciting, attacking team that sweeps all before them. A target man type would be useful for when a tactic isnt working but hey-ho...we'll see. I think Rooney is a much better player than Tevez though.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
We'll see. I hope SAF has got it right. I hope Tevez turns out to be an integral part of an exciting, attacking team that sweeps all before them. A target man type would be useful for when a tactic isnt working but hey-ho...we'll see. I think Rooney is a much better player than Tevez though.
I don't care who's better, they are both top class.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:25 PM
redrose

Default By this criteria...

Quote:
...Saha would seem to fit your bill of an occasional "target man". Of course he is very occasional, but he's worth his weight in gold on those rare occasions!

Btw, Rooney & Tevez are both brilliant. Let's not quibble over who is "better".

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:26 PM
rebelcountyred

actually the signing of tevez could be the best thing that could happen for wayne, nothing like a bit of competition.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:27 PM
suedeshoes

Theres still a shitload more legal wrangling to get thru yet though. This one could run and run. West Ham would be happy to let him go without a fee...but they cant, as the crux of their commitment to the PL was that they own him and ripped up the contract with MSI. Doubt if I ripped up me mortgage that that would get me out of the deal.
I'll be happy if and when he signs...and doubly happy I wont have to pick a side from that squad. Still shouldve bougt Viduka though.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:27 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose
...Saha would seem to fit your bill of an occasional "target man". Of course he is very occasional, but he's worth his weight in gold on those rare occasions!

Btw, Rooney & Tevez are both brilliant. Let's not quibble over who is "better".
Spot-diddley-on.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:39 PM
violater

tevez has more to his game and will prove this next season.

both very good players but tevez is the better of the two imo.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:43 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
tevez has more to his game and will prove this next season.

both very good players but tevez is the better of the two imo.
You should know man...you'll have seen a lot more of him than anyone else on here.

Racist.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:49 PM
violater

Quote:
You should know man...you'll have seen a lot more of him than anyone else on here.

Racist.
why do you keep calling me racist mr fickle?

since i last spoke to you have you started following another team?

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:50 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
why do you keep calling me racist mr fickle?

since i last spoke to you have you started following another team?
Racist.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:59 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodMan
a once decent club
anyone else stop at that bit?

Unread 13-07-2007, 01:02 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Theres still a shitload more legal wrangling to get thru yet though. This one could run and run. West Ham would be happy to let him go without a fee...but they cant, as the crux of their commitment to the PL was that they own him and ripped up the contract with MSI. Doubt if I ripped up me mortgage that that would get me out of the deal.
I'll be happy if and when he signs...and doubly happy I wont have to pick a side from that squad. Still shouldve bougt Viduka though.
SPot on! Legally, well in the eyes of the PL and Arbitration, West Ham have stated they own him and ripped up their 3rd party agreement, PL and Arbitration should have pursued this further as it is unlikely such an agreement could be unilaterally cancelled. BUT if West Ham, who claim to have ownership, do not receive any money for him, or if they do they pass that money on to a 3rd party such as Kia, or claim to cancel his contract then this is evidence that they have lied about ownership throughout and do not actually own the player!!

The thread started by saying West Ham were a decent club, did it not?? FFS nothing could be further from the truth IMHO.

It could end up with either a determination by the COurt as to ownership of Tevez or Tevez effectively being unable to play for anyone until it is resolved. Me thinks more possible punishment for West Ham and the probable lies they have told re his 3rd party involvement, 10 to 12 point deduction this year for the lies they told re ownership etc, in addition to the fine they have had and Tevez being able to move - but unless it gets a move on it may not happen until January TW.

Only way out is if all parties can agree a similar deal to the Mascherano deal, that covers West Hams arse!

Unread 13-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
i am holding fire on which player is the better of the two, tbh i hope they are both equally as brilliant, however going on playing at the very highest level i would say that tevez has proved his quality on a more consistent basis.

When?

Where?

Unread 13-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

Why would anyone not want United's squad to pick a team from? Rotation is the key. Every time we don't flow, or don't win, every dickweed will be banging on the tinkerbell drum. But that boring inevitability aside, United's squad looks like a top class manager's dream. And we have exactly the right top class manager for the task.

Unread 13-07-2007, 02:49 PM
scherben

Has anyone mentioned Paul Ince in this context?

Unread 13-07-2007, 05:55 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
i am holding fire on which player is the better of the two

Yeah, it's a tough one aint it?

Which player is better, hmm?.

The one who's been outstanding for us for 3 years, scored plenty of goals (including many past our 'rivals' - Arsenal, Liverpool, City) scored goals that will go down as some of the finest I've seen at Old Trafford in over 20years of watching United, a player that gives absolutely everything for the team..a match winner of the highest possible quality. The finest English footballer of his generation.

or

A transfer target who despite looking a terrific little player has yet to show he's anywhere near in Rooney's class.

I honestly could weep at the opinions of some of the United fans on here. I'm 100% certain that if Wayne Rooney was Argentinian or Irish he'd be looked upon far more favourably by certain people.

Unread 13-07-2007, 05:57 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
tevez is the better of the two imo.

How many times have you seen Tevez live in the flesh?

..come to that, how many times have you seen Rooney live?

You're a terrible judge of a footballer by all accounts. Very poor.
Unless there's another agenda at work here

Unread 13-07-2007, 06:00 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
anyone else stop at that bit?
yep..after a king sized of course

decent club my £#%&!in arse
Closed Thread