United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-06-2018, 02:19 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s being repeated tonight on the excuses channel.

I was actually delighted with your post until the excuses bit.

Don't have the history channel and would love to see the big guy again

Unread 06-06-2018, 02:24 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

I was actually delighted with your post until the excuses bit.

Don't have the history channel and would love to see the big guy again
Think he’s doing a worldwide tour titled “my career was so successful, I can’t stop talking about my failure at United”

Unread 06-06-2018, 02:27 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Think he’s doing a worldwide tour titled “my career was so successful, I can’t stop talking about my failure at United”
1 good interview and the snide bombs are back out.

Not a good look.

Unread 06-06-2018, 02:28 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Good one.

Unread 06-06-2018, 03:03 PM
shenwen

Look forward to watching it. Don’t find it difficult to separate him being a smart, funny, insightful manager and human being from the shit, depressing football we endured for long periods.

Wish he could have worked out. The buzz when we knew he was coming to United.

Unread 06-06-2018, 03:10 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Look forward to watching it. Don’t find it difficult to separate him being a smart, funny, insightful manager and human being from the shit, depressing football we endured for long periods.

Wish he could have worked out. The buzz when we knew he was coming to United.
Agreed with all. Shame how it all went to mind numbing shit tbf

Unread 06-06-2018, 04:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
lads throwing shade on a positive thread

united fans not thinking the fa cup is bigger than the europa

in conclusion:
Indeed. The insecurity that drips off lads who wanted the current regime over the Big Man is rife tbh.

Still, at least we have the great footie now

Unread 06-06-2018, 04:07 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Indeed. The insecurity that drips off lads who wanted the current regime over the Big Man is rife tbh.

and the laugh-a-minute press conferences.

Unread 06-06-2018, 04:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
and the laugh-a-minute press conferences.

The buzz of United is well and truly back post Big Man

Unread 06-06-2018, 04:14 PM
windy waffles

Provided us with a lot of memories however most of them involved drink...

Unread 06-06-2018, 05:30 PM
puressence

Just watched it. Unreal tbh such a great man £#%&!ing love him and his qualities and top top bloke wish he was still here £#%&! football give me the human being ... brilliant guy

Unread 06-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Red Santos

Had a great career and I quite like him

Shame it didn't work out for him at United.

Apart from that 5-7 game spell spell in March to April 2015 we were £#%&!ing shit. Results and performances were simply not good enough

The only thing I miss is his press conferences. Mourinho is miserable as £#%&!

Unread 06-06-2018, 05:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Just watched it. Unreal tbh such a great man £#%&!ing love him and his qualities and top top bloke wish he was still here £#%&! football give me the human being ... brilliant guy
£#%&! football

The plot twist is that maybe with a bit more time he’d have got the football like he did everywhere else

Still, all good now.

Unread 06-06-2018, 07:21 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

I hope you have the good grace not to watch when it inevitably happens. Maybe stick to watching van gaal’s United on loop.

Quote:
£#%&! football

The plot twist is that maybe with a bit more time he’d have got the football like he did everywhere else

Still, all good now.
Given he’s claimed he was retiring the following year, how much time is a bit longer? And after £#%&!ing off if he finally did get it right, a Giggs managed united was expected to carry on playing the football in his image?

We’ll ignore the fact de gea would have £#%&!ed off that summer if he’d stayed. And no doubt quite a few more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Had a great career and I quite like him

Shame it didn't work out for him at United.

Apart from that 5-7 game spell spell in March to April 2015 we were £#%&!ing shit. Results and performances were simply not good enough
A spell which relied on booting the ball up to fellaini. Well worth worshipping 2 years after he’s left.

Unread 06-06-2018, 07:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I hope you have the good grace not to watch when it inevitably happens. Maybe stick to watching van gaal’s United on loop.

Given he’s claimed he was retiring the following year, how much time is a bit longer? And after £#%&!ing off if he finally did get it right, a Giggs managed united was expected to carry on playing the football in his image?

We’ll ignore the fact de gea would have £#%&!ed off that summer if he’d stayed. And no doubt quite a few more.
Would have been devastated to lose Herrera.

But yeah, so under Mourinho, known for shit football, it's inevitable that it'll suddenly become entertaining.

Under Van Gaal, known for great football, you dismiss the prospect.

De Gea signed a five-year contract under LvG.

Leave the thread.

Unread 06-06-2018, 07:30 PM
puressence

Quote:

A spell which relied on booting the ball up to fellaini. Well worth worshipping 2 years after he’s left.
You realise the long ball to felly hasn’t left

Unread 06-06-2018, 07:36 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
You realise the long ball to felly hasn’t left
Yes. It’s boring and against everything united stand for when mourinho does it as plan B. It was apparently brilliant when van gaal did it as plan A.

Unread 06-06-2018, 07:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Yes. It’s boring and against everything united stand for when mourinho does it as plan B. It was apparently brilliant when van gaal did it as plan A.

During that spell 2015 is was into Felli's feet. Used to break the press and switch it. Here a good example of how he was used.

Disappointing lack of Sage from you atm.

Unread 06-06-2018, 07:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
£#%&! football

Still, all good now.
A bit more time?

He was leaving at the end of the 2016/17 season regardless. No way would we have turned into a top side overnight pal. for many reasons it didn’t work here for him, some were of his doing and some weren’t.

Shame he wasn’t younger when he came tbh or possibly a director role would have been a better fit for him (something like he was going to get at Barca that he mentions in the interview)

Unread 06-06-2018, 07:49 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Would have been devastated to lose Herrera.

But yeah, so under Mourinho, known for shit football, it's inevitable that it'll suddenly become entertaining.

Under Van Gaal, known for great football, you dismiss the prospect.
I didn’t dismiss the prospect. The players did.

The highlight of van gaal’s football at united was centred around booting the ball to fellaini. Apparently this meant he’d have united playing brilliant football if given a little more time despite the fact he’d have been a lame duck in his final season.

As for mourinho, nothing suddenly becomes entertaining. It’s built over time. If his bosses want entertaining football that’s what he’ll try and provide. Or maybe he’s stupid enough to try and build a boring team despite knowing the expectations and demands of everyone around the club would mean he’d be hated for it.

Quote:
De Gea signed a five-year contract under LvG.
Would you like to give me the details of that contract, clauses and such?

Quote:

During that spell 2015 is was into Felli's feet. Used to break the press and switch it. Here a good example of how he was used.
Sorry pal. Must have slept through it.
Closed Thread