United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-06-2018, 11:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Heard a few people say that. For me it was very unsettling, seeing the country fall apart. Also had hoped for a great game
Yeah the actual football *was* genuinely hilarious, what surrounded it a bit less so really.

Unread 08-06-2018, 09:33 AM
My Name is Heath

Gary Lineker's 2 goals v Cameroon in Italia 90.

I was actually quite racist as a teenager. I blame a well known black lad from Moston Brook who was a right thug and he came to try and batter me as a 16 year old because I'd marked him out of a game of football between our schools. I also saw him headbutt a young kid in the Arndale and left him with blood pouring. He was a horrible fella and I hated him with a passion. I think he went on to play at City too come to think of it.

Anyway - to see Gary put the Africans to the sword was a huge thrill at the time.

Funny how life turns out - I'm now a godparent to 2 kids in Cameroon after becoming great friends with a Cameroon bloke who I worked closely with and love that country.

Thank God there was no twitter/facebook to record everything then.

Anyway - great memories of that match.
Closed Thread