Rooney overhead kick
Rooney screamer against Newcastle
Ronaldo Hat-trick against us for Madrid
Solskjaer's winner 26/5/99

Unread 28-10-2016, 04:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Watching Johnny Aston play like David Bellion for years then suddenly play like Kanchelskis in the 68 final
My dad still goes on about that

Said everybody was ranting about his inclusion for the final, saying that Sir Matt had lost it etc etc

Unread 28-10-2016, 04:05 PM
Why Don?

Smudger's volley against Norwich

Unread 28-10-2016, 04:25 PM
AK14

Van Persie v Villa 2013

Wales beating Italy in.....2003?

Unread 28-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
My dad still goes on about that

Said everybody was ranting about his inclusion for the final, saying that Sir Matt had lost it etc etc
Everyone knew he was only in the side on account of his ole fella being on the coaching staff but we had lost Denis and David Herd

Me and me mate used to stand up perched on the front fence right in front of him as he went up the wing, like 3 yards from him. We used to piss ourselves laughing he was so bad. Always looked terrified as a full back approached him. He did play right on the touch line and was very orthodox so gave us width on that side whilst Making room for George, Charlton and the King. Genuinely don't know what came over him in the final that he couldn't do every other week but played like a man possessed. Remember chanting his name, which I'd never heard before.

At OT the crowd would often groan at his inability to beat his man but it's not like he never did. He must've been conscious of it and in a way you had to admire his courage, in that he stuck doggedly to his task, albeit not always successfully. Also suffered in comparison to the Trinity.

Unread 28-10-2016, 11:44 PM
Old member

Seeing the main stand stood up for most of the game against rangers. Think that was the same season we played Real Madrid and Barthez forgot he was a keeper

Unread 29-10-2016, 07:31 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old member
Seeing the main stand stood up for most of the game against rangers. Think that was the same season we played Real Madrid and Barthez forgot he was a keeper
Rangers was the season after.

Unread 29-10-2016, 07:43 AM
woody78

Giggs 1st goal
Beckhams last game
Cantona stamp on Moncur
Roma 7-1
2 nil down - 3-2 up Villa Park fa cup

Unread 29-10-2016, 01:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Giggs 1st goal
Beckhams last game
Cantona stamp on Moncur
Roma 7-1
2 nil down - 3-2 up Villa Park fa cup
Away at Everton?

Unread 29-10-2016, 01:14 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Away at Everton?
Yeah. Scored a lovely freekick too

Unread 29-10-2016, 01:21 PM
King Schlong

Wazza's last minute goal against A.C milan in the champs league quarter final 2008 to make it 3-2 (shit with dates so could be wrong on the year)

Kaka took the piss that day. Caned us 3-0 in the away leg so it meant £#%&! all but the goon was immense. It was like 10 thousand £#%&!ing dominoes. Ended up about 7 rows forward from where I was stood.

Unread 29-10-2016, 01:24 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
Wazza's last minute goal against A.C milan in the champs league quarter final 2008 to make it 3-2 (shit with dates so could be wrong on the year)

Kaka took the piss that day. Caned us 3-0 in the away leg so it meant £#%&! all but the goon was immense. It was like 10 thousand £#%&!ing dominoes. Ended up about 7 rows forward from where I was stood.
It was 2007.

I was at that game too. Really thought the winner could be a crucial goal and then we got beat 3-0 in the 2nd leg

Unread 29-10-2016, 11:39 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Without trying to sound to much of a top red, (although i £#%&!ing am )
I've been lucky enough to have been to every major final and semi final since I started going as a 6 year old in 85.
Without doubt the greatest game I've ever been to was the Arsenal semi replay in 99. Just an unbelievable game, atmosphere, day out. It was unreal.
The greatest moment was obviously the European cup final in 99. Can't even begin to describe it. Those who where lucky enough to have been there just know.
Closed Thread