United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 06-02-2011, 06:59 PM
red in cumbria

Default Re: *Official* Wolves v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and super mega cup final bowl in W'hampt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
You'd rather have 0 points than 1 point?
I can sort of get what he is saying, tbh. Recall how we felt after Everton away back in the autumn - and multiply that by 10, or 100. That's how L'Arse and their fans are feeling right now

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Zorg

Default Re: *Official* Wolves v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and super mega cup final bowl in W'hampt

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I can sort of get what he is saying, tbh. Recall how we felt after Everton away back in the autumn - and multiply that by 10, or 100. That's how L'Arse and their fans are feeling right now
I thought Hopskipjumpers was female?

Or have I got it horrible wrong?

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
the clubs solid foundations have been nicked and replaced with sand its only a matter of time now .
wonder who will dominate once our demise is confirmed ?
Hopefully that still might not come to pass if we get bought out in time. But it really is a race against time now

One thing is for sure, we wouldn't have a hope of averting meltdown if anybody else was in charge of this club. In the light of all the - often quite justified - criticism SAF has got in the last 24 hours (myself included) let none of us ever forget that. We might have already gone down the Leeds path without him

(Zorgers - of course. Didn't register who the OP was. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, as she likes to say)

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:10 PM
ScarFace

got away with it big time

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Is *anybody* still saying that here??
No one said that in the first place.

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
No one said that in the first place.
Very few people, granted - but not sure about "no one"

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:15 PM
FannyBanter

I quite like it up my home counties arse tbh

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:22 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Again, I agree 100% ...how many times do I have to say I also think Rooney acted like a @#%&! over his contract???

All I'm doing is defending his performances on the pitch.
I think he'd love to do more than blow hot & cold...but if it aint happening, it aint happening.
You can either try too hard or you can try & let it just happen...or you can get a bit of luck etc..
Who knows, maybe he'll be the match winner on Saturday...

All this talk of wishing injury on him & hoping he doesn't start against City is absolutely ridiculous.
In a nut-shell.I've defended him (not when he asked to move/big up his already ample contract) to the hilt about his dip in form and the reasons for it but his conduct (naivety?) with his contract was inexcusable.Nobody is giving him the benefit in that department.

I just find it incredible that his dip in form is met with such a turn by our supporters.The lad was incredible and carried us last season, and he's been a huge part of our success for the past few years.The first time he acts the @#%&!, people are wishing injury on the lad etc.

As I've said before, a few months back it was Berbatov that didnt give a shit about the club, was doing £#%&! all to justify his wages and was the '@#%&!'. He has been poor this season, but there's no need for the vitriol imo.

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Ethers

Short memories some people....

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:29 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Short memories some people....
I know. How's your father in law?

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Hopskipjump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I thought Hopskipjumpers was female?

Or have I got it horrible wrong?
no and thank you for addressing my post, I usually get ignored bah..

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Nani's (and Giggs) struggling to link up? Rooney's touch and penchant for the pointless hollywood shit back to normal?

Oh what to do?

Aha, i know what i'll do. it's.been.staring.me.in-the-£#%&!ing-face. tell you what rene, let's get the top scorer off, that'll sort it.

And so it begins again.

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I know. How's your father in law?
Doesn't make any sense tbh

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:36 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Doesn't make any sense tbh
Thought that myself tbh

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
fergie is the best manager in the world. however, that does not mean his decisions should not be questioned. he is not mohammed. although you would have thought so froim all the little zealots who can't handle criticism.
Outstanding

The polarisation of opinion is very theological in comparison. You're either a believer, or not. Apparently.

Anyone wanting a glimpse into what happens when that becomes an overriding feeling amongst the many should have a read of the RAWK thread.

I'm still £#%&!ing fuming about yesterday

Unread 06-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Is *anybody* still saying that here??
dunno. i'm still saying that no united squad has ever lacked for a few players who were wished away by a section of the support though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
One other thing I don't think there's another 'supposed' top side in football atm who are so poor at delivering a decent ball in the final third. Time and again yesterday full backs got in great positions, midfielders too, and the cross in or the ball infield was so £#%&!ing bad it was embarassing. Giggsy, with hands on hips, after probably his 11th shite pass just boiled my piss a bit too much. It's not the other player's fault Ryan if they're moving towards the goal and your pass is behind them or into the feet of an opponent.

I am dreading next weekend, if Utd play like yesterday they'll end up being smashed on the pitch.
United are the top scorers in the league and have been just as wasteful as ever, so the final ball isn't so bad in the grand scheme of things.

Giggs has been superb this season and has done a sterling job while Park's been away in particular. He will be used less during the run-in of course, unlikely to start many of the CL games (assuming we get by marseille) for instance, certainly not wide left anyway. He's easily got another season based purely and simply on his outstanding fitness and craft as a footballer. Surprised that you would suggest otherwise tbh.

In terms of next week and the rest of the season it seems quite likely that anticipating the performance level in a gale at wolverhampton in game #25 to be the norm will prove flawed logic.

Unread 06-02-2011, 08:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Liverpool have been dreaful away from home this season. Really can't see them getting anything tomorrow.

Unread 06-02-2011, 08:26 PM
The Watcher

Exclamation Re: *Official* Wolves v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and super mega cup final bowl in W'hampt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
home counties? seems geography isn't your strong point. although I must admit it doesn't stick out as a weakness.