Dueling Banjos

Thumbs up Chelsea fan on Liverpool fans and their "Religion"

Brings up some good points.

http://shed.chelseafc.com/theshed/ch...d.shtml?808716

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:16 PM
andyroo

Default Re: Chelsea fan on Liverpool fans and their "Religion"

Was just reading that.

Is there an Official Response up on RAWK?

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:21 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
History. What is this fascination with history? Football is really only about the present and memory. It is not about history. Most supporters know all about their team. They know the great players, cups won and disappointments along the way. But history?
Would they say that if they had won the league more than a couple of times? Probably not. Some good points but some Tim Lovejoy bullshit mixed in.

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Would they say that if they had won the league more than a couple of times? Probably not. Some good points but some Tim Lovejoy bullshit mixed in.
Agreed but certainly some good stuff to wind the mickies up with.

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:28 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Was just reading that.

Is there an Official Response up on RAWK?
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...378#msg8158378

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:34 PM
The Watcher

Pretty disturbing that a Chelsea fan would think so hard about scousers Raises a few good points, but generally comes across as some @#%&! trying justify supporting a no mark club whose ‘success’ is all down to being owned by a criminal oligarch.

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:36 PM
irk

there are "true believers" following any club. the scousers and city do seem to have more than their fair share though.

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:39 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
there are "true believers" following any club.
Not us any more.

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Duck FFS

Abramovich should announce that if Bugs Bunny and the Gippo do well hes going to go after those two as well.

Its a slap in the face to `King Kenny` and everything the Kop stand for with Torres leaving but its ok that they can take decent players from other teams?

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Pretty disturbing that a Chelsea fan would think so hard about scousers Raises a few good points, but generally comes across as some @#%&! trying justify supporting a no mark club whose ‘success’ is all down to being owned by a criminal oligarch.
I think it's funny how chelsea and liverpool are now having this real axe to grind with each other and how it seems to have intensified over the last 6-7 years.

Bit like us and Arsenal to an extent and how the 'rivalry', if you can call it that, grew in the late 90s.

The chelsea fan makes some good points overall. Liverpool fans do have this sense that they are somehow 'above' normal supporters. Obviously it doesn't help when you have a mainstream media which caters to them so sycophantically and never misses an opportunity to fawn over them.

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Zorg

Sorry but anyone who puts white text on a blue background should be banned from the internet.

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:41 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
there are "true believers" following any club. the scousers and city do seem to have more than their fair share though.
Going by RAWK, you’d have to say that the murderers are footballs equivalent of Scientologists

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Sloane

wish we were religous, we could crucify tufty

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:43 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
wish we were religous, we could crucify tufty
He's not the Messaiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Going by RAWK, you’d have to say that the murderers are footballs equivalent of Scientologists
A good friend of mine is an Evertonian. Me an him used to talk about Liverpool supporters and their grief mongering and 'victim' complex. He was also baffled by it. Like you say, it's like a cult.

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:47 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

It seems the thread about it is locked. Must be blasphemous.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...topic=270546.0

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:47 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
A good friend of mine is an Evertonian. Me an him used to talk about Liverpool supporters and their grief mongering and 'victim' complex. He was also baffled by it. Like you say, it's like a cult.
They’re all like that, at least in my experience. The plastic scousers down here (I’m sure you’ve known a few) are even worse for it. Incredibly strange bunch.

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:48 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
could you not also say that the above opinion of liverpool supporters is in itself a meme and a characteristic of zealous followers of united and everton?

the answer is yes by the way

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:52 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up Re: Chelsea fan on Liverpool fans and their "Religion"

Excellent piece, I'd say he's pretty much nailed it.

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:58 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Too right. The last week's been quite revealing at Chelsea, especially the impressive and energetic victory at Sunderland and Super JT's hilarious comments afterwards to the effect that the two signings "had proved we could compete with city and given everyone a buzz". Try looking at 1 and 2 in the league Tiny Tears.

I did wonder if the push to be self-sustaining and use more homegrown youngsters was their attempt to come off the financial skag and live a more normal life. Of course the moment they try it for a couple of months and they're in the worst form in 15 years and climbing the walls in frustration hoping for another hit.

The last week has proved, if any were really needed, that the main unifying factor at that club is cash and without the financial doping, they're nothing.
Closed Thread