Closed Thread

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:10 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Big Ravvers on the bench tonight

Ravvers :guns: :banana:

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Sandman

Default Re: Big Ravvers on the bench tonight

Even the players are trying to help him focus by the looks of things.

Quote:
King: "I love playing with Ravel, we have a good connection. It's good to have him back, he needs to focus on his football now"

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Ravvers :guns:
Should be changed to imo

King needs to go out on loan again. He is far too good to be playing at this level.

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester
Thought Ekangamene had a really good game. Thought it strange that he was given in a chance in the reserves so early on in his United career, especially as he's still 16.

First time I've heard King speak in the aftermatch interviews - what is it with Scandinavians picking up local accents really quickly? As he's manc through and through Nice and confident too, as he displayed when they mentioned that he wouldn't get a matchball for his hattrick, he just shrugged it off and said he'd get them when he's in the first team.

Ravel just looked classy as usual when he came on. Should have scored more, but probably held on that touch too long. Can't be long before he is given a chance with the first team.
Hopefully him and Pogba or Tunnicliffe will make the bench against Crawley. 3 days after the youth cup game though, so maybe not...

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Should be changed to imo

King needs to go out on loan again. He is far too good to be playing at this level.
Can see a few going to Molde. Mark Dempsey is working with Ole too now and he coached most of the academy kids. May be just what Ravel needs?

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:38 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Big Ravvers on the bench tonight

Quote:
3 days after the youth cup game though, so maybe not...
It'd be great if he got 20 minutes or so. The crowd would buzz of it and it'd give him a taste of what he's in risk of throwing away. Mental @#%&!

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Sandman

Goals

http://www.simplyreds.com/manchester...ighlights.html

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Coracao

goals

http://www.simplyreds.com/manchester...ighlights.html

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Can see a few going to Molde. Mark Dempsey is working with Ole too now and he coached most of the academy kids. May be just what Ravel needs?
Is it any better than the championship though?

No idea, as I never watch it.

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Is it any better than the championship though?

No idea, as I never watch it.
I'd assume similar but at least it's competitive and the coaching staff will act in the players best interest. Some one like Ravel could benefit by being away from certain influences but still being with people who have known him since he was a kid. Went to Norway a boy, came back a man. Like Travvers81, look at his beard.

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:54 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
I'd assume similar but at least it's competitive and the coaching staff will act in the players best interest. Some one like Ravel could benefit by being away from certain influences but still being with people who have known him since he was a kid. Went to Norway a boy, came back a man. Like Travvers81, look at his beard.
that's what i thought, change of environment, but some familiar faces with his and united's best interests at heart might be a good move.

some cracking finishes in that lot

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I can't see Ravel going out on loan really. I think when Fergie thinks he is ready to be playing and exposure, he'll be doing it with the first team. Plus, they can keep a lid of some of his antics a little better 'in house'.

Not sure on Norwegian league, as to whether it would be a beneficial place to send our players or not.

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Crumps

Quote:
I can't see Ravel going out on loan really. I think when Fergie thinks he is ready to be playing and exposure, he'll be doing it with the first team. Plus, they can keep a lid of some of his antics a little better 'in house'.

Not sure on Norwegian league, as to whether it would be a beneficial place to send our players or not.
Six months or so playing first team football and hopefully performing well under people they know could be beneficial in the long run and being away from home could help them develop off the pitch too. Young footballers are unbelievably molly-coddled.

Like Belgium but with ex United babysitters.

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:09 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Six months or so playing first team football and hopefully performing well under people they know could be beneficial in the long run and being away from home could help them develop off the pitch too. Young footballers are unbelievably molly-coddled.

Like Belgium but with ex United babysitters.
Belgium was shite though. Who really benefited from it. They all £#%&!ing hated it too

Just not sure there is any benefit of sending players to Norway. The schedule of the season is completely out of kilter too.

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Neo

Morrison-son-son
He's as good as Anderson
Morrison-son-son
He's our midfield gangster scum
To the left, to the right
To the shotgun blasts tonight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
“...he spreads fear, he sells gear
And he shits on Jack Wilshere!”

Unread 04-02-2011, 12:58 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Morrison-son-son
He's as good as Anderson
Morrison-son-son
He's our midfield gangster scum
To the left, to the right
To the shotgun blasts tonight...

Unread 04-02-2011, 09:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

That King is gonna be a £#%&!ing beast in a coupla years.

Unread 04-02-2011, 09:57 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
That King is gonna be a £#%&!ing beast in a coupla years.

I've not seen last nights game, but he has all the tools to be a top striker, doesn't he.

Good times in the reserves and youth teams, let's hope a good number of them continue to improve and push on!

Unread 04-02-2011, 10:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I've not seen last nights game, but he has all the tools to be a top striker, doesn't he.

Good times in the reserves and youth teams, let's hope a good number of them continue to improve and push on!
Yup, thought he was clumsy a year or so ago, now he looks like he's grown into his physique, he's fast as £#%&! and built like a brick shithouse. Did well at Preston before injury didn't he?

Unread 04-02-2011, 10:07 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yup, thought he was clumsy a year or so ago, now he looks like he's grown into his physique, he's fast as £#%&! and built like a brick shithouse. Did well at Preston before injury didn't he?
I've heard and seen mixed reports on his time at Preston. I remember after his first few games he was being raved about, I think he got a goal and a few assists in an impressive win or 2, then he got injured, as did Matt James. I'm not sure if or when he returned for Preston, but I seem to recall a few who thought he was a bit too early in his development for the Championship, and it showed.

He's definitely filled out a bit, but without losing any of his pace, so far The best thing about him is he isn't completely reliant on said pace, certainly not at the levels I've been watching him at anyway.
Closed Thread