Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: Rent Boys game moved again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Don't know?

Seems odd that we will be expected to play during the week after a cup game, regardless, but Chelsea won't
i asked for an idiot's guide and i got one

Unread 03-02-2011, 03:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i asked for an idiot's guide and i got one
I did confess I have no idea why it would be moved.

The 1st is a Tuesday, so I suppose it would be a bit much to ask them to play Sunday and Tuesday. On the other hand, £#%&! 'em, I seem to recall we've had to play with similar short gaps in between games on a few occasion. Arsenal in the Cup rings a bell?

Unread 03-02-2011, 04:00 PM
FannyBanter

We're obsessed with dates of matches.

There's no conspiracy ffs.

Unread 03-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FannyBanter
We're obsessed with dates of matches.

There's no conspiracy ffs.
They've got to sullers.

ffs.

Unread 03-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
They've got to sullers.

ffs.

Unread 03-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Billy Bigbollox

So, can anyone tell me, preferably in words of 2 syllables or less,

a) why it might be moved to another date if/when Chelsea beat the blue Scouse

and

b) a link to a website containing some definite information confirming a) above.

Many thanks

Unread 03-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
So, can anyone tell me, preferably in words of 2 syllables or less,

a) why it might be moved to another date if/when Chelsea beat the blue Scouse

and

b) a link to a website containing some definite information confirming a) above.

Many thanks
It's because of the FA Cup I assume.

They can't get the replay vs Everton in before the next round of the cup.

They will then need to get Chelsea's 5th round game in before the 6th round. Due to Champions League and Chelsea playing a few games on a monday ( ) they can't get it in.

Unread 03-02-2011, 08:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Its Chelsea v Everton at Chelsea....ofcourse they'l win, no worries.
Everton haven't lost there in 5 years or summat hth stato

Unread 03-02-2011, 08:45 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down Re: Rent Boys game moved again

this is the 'reason' why it wiill be moved

Chelski can't play Everton next midweek because there are a load of %@#$&!s international friendlies being played

they can't play them the following midweek because they play Fulham on a Monday night in the league

that leaves Sat 19 Feb as the day they play Everton (the original fifth round date)

and some @#%&! at the FA has decided in their wisdom that the next available date Chelski can play their fifth round tie against Reading is Tues March 1

personally I think they should be ordered to play on the Wednesday after the Fulham game...after all the crybabies played Everton on Tuesday...just two days after their FA Cup game

hth clearasmud

Unread 03-02-2011, 08:50 PM
jem

these deliberations are part of the reason chelsea make a loss every year.

Unread 03-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

Chelski can't play Everton next midweek because there are a load of %@#$&!s international friendlies being played

they can't play them the following midweek because they play Fulham on a Monday night in the league

that leaves Sat 19 Feb as the day they play Everton (the original fifth round date)

and some @#%&! at the FA has decided in their wisdom that the next available date Chelski can play their fifth round tie against Reading is Tues March 1

personally I think they should be ordered to play on the Wednesday after the Fulham game...after all the crybabies played Everton on Tuesday...just two days after their FA Cup game

hth clearasmud

1st/2nd March are the dates scheduled for 5th Round replays. FA Cup ties take precedence over league games that week,therefore if Chelsea beat Everton their game against Reading will be played that week.

Of course they could lose to Everton and we draw against Crawley and our replay would bugger it up too.

Unread 03-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Thumbs up Re: Rent Boys game moved again

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

hth clearasmud
Nice one. it's clear now. Still a bag of shite but at least I now understand why

Unread 03-02-2011, 09:10 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Nice one. it's clear now. Still a bag of shite but at least I now understand why
just hope Everton @#%&! them in the replay

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Neo

I hope they beat Everton.

If they lose and we play play them on Tuesday 1st March they will have the previous weekend off because their scheduled fixture that weekend was against Birmingham who will now be playing in the Carling Cup Final that Sunday.

We still have to play Wigan that weekend so Chelsea will have a seven day break before they play us on the 1st March.

The best thing for United is if the match gets re-scheduled to May when we've hopefully got one hand on the title.

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Hopskipjump

Thumbs down Re: Rent Boys game moved again

I bet you.. both our games against chelski will be in may..its geared for it..

bastards
Closed Thread