United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:13 AM
borsuk

Default Re: Team v Spurs - The Official Thread

fancy this weekend might be the point we kick on. the rest will be looking at this game thinking that it might be the one where we finally get beat. win it - especially if we win it well - and some heads will drop.

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Just checked the table and FA have awarded Spurs the 3 points in order to save everyone the inevitable bother of turrning up/tuning in. cockney journos can have a bit more time off too with 'Title race blown Van der Vart open' and 'Becks sticks boot into Fergie/Has last lawf' pencilled in for their backpage headlines. Talkshite pundits can finally revel in prediction that this isnt a decent utd side and that they ARE beatable and maybe other sides will try and have a go. Blowin bubbles ad nauseum.
There'll be a throw-in at 0-0 that's wrongly given to United, and the sequence of play leads ten minutes later to a United goal. Even though the final score ends up 0-5 the papers will be all 'Here we throw again' and 'Thrown away'.

Not that I'm paranoid or anything.

The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
pretty sure they've had more than that as i've got dawson in my fantasy team.

edit - yeah last 2 home games against fulham and newcastle.
That stat must be from before those two then. Apologies. Look at me, using old stats. I'm sooo a couple of months ago. Guess that's why I support United and not Spurs.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:17 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
fancy this weekend might be the point we kick on. the rest will be looking at this game thinking that it might be the one where we finally get beat. win it - especially if we win it well - and some heads will drop.
Agreed. Big game this

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:19 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Indeed. And we've actually raised our performances levels a little more for the tougher games this season. Especially defensively away from home. Our concentration improves 10 fold. We tend to be half asleep in games at Villa, West Brom etc, but we've defended well and given ourselves a good platform at City and in Valencia and at home to Spurs (still can't believe we beat them....when's the DVD out by the way) and Arsenal.

I think we'll be up for it and everyone will be 'switched on'. Whether we play well enough in the final third and kick on remains to be seen.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Agreed. Liverpool will start to wonder if they even have a chance of the title at all.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Baron

Is VDS definitely out?

If so....

PIG

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Evra

Nani
Anderson
Carrick
Giggs

Rooney
Berbs

Fletcher has been shit recently. Same industry, no probs, but his passing... :shakehead:

Spurs defence has been shit, so attacking them would be a good idea to say the least, Carrick & Anderson have been in the middle for our best attacking displays, the rest pick themselves.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

You're all gonna regret this if Spurs win, Ginners is gonna gloat the shit out of you.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:29 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Is VDS definitely out?

If so....

PIG

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Evra

Nani
Anderson
Carrick
Giggs

Rooney
Berbs

Fletcher has been shit recently. Same industry, no probs, but his passing... :shakehead:

Spurs defence has been shit, so attacking them would be a good idea to say the least, Carrick & Anderson have been in the middle for our best attacking displays, the rest pick themselves.
Same as mine and I agree with your sentiments. Fletcher should not be starting big games at the moment until his form improves. Very disappointing again on Sunday.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:31 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
You're all gonna regret this if Spurs win, Ginners is gonna gloat the shit out of you.
S'alright. I'm starting to really like Spurs now because of this thread. Their invincibility is giving me a Gareth Bale hype-sized bonk-on.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Same as mine and I agree with your sentiments. Fletcher should not be starting big games at the moment until his form improves. Very disappointing again on Sunday.
Not a chance Fergie goes 2 up away at Spurs.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
If?

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:35 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Not a chance Fergie goes 2 up away at Spurs.
He did last year.

EDIT: Although they weren't the world crushers they are now. £#%&! it, go with 0 up front.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He did last year.
Not a chance this year.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:39 AM
united1878

vds
rafael vidic rio evra
carrick fletcher anderson
nani berbs rooney

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He did last year.

EDIT: Although they weren't the world crushers they are now. £#%&! it, go with 0 up front.

The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by united1878
vds
rafael vidic rio evra
carrick fletcher anderson
nani berbs rooney
I think he'll probably go with that, injury permitting.

Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If?

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Stickman

Fair enough Fletchers out of form, but this is a game thats going to be played at as high a tempo as youll see all season. Spurs only know one way and change their ethos for nobody. (rightly or wrongly)

Fletcher has to play over Giggs imo if its the dilemma. We cant lose the midfield and get away with it in this game I feel.

And I think Giggs was excellent v the Vermin. And I know he didnt do too bad at WHL last season before its pointed out.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
When did this become the limit of Ginners discourse?
Closed Thread