United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2018, 10:29 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Apparently Jose has dropped his plans to sign a full back so he has enough funds to sign a centre.

Jacob Harry Maguire.

Dear lord...
Watch out City! The biggest club in the world are going to over throw you!

Well, once they’ve sold some players to scrape together enough cash to buy some better ones ...but yeah, watch out!

Unread 23-07-2018, 10:35 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Well, once they’ve sold some players to scrape together enough cash to buy some better ones ...but yeah, watch out!
what if he turns out as good as Rio Ferdinand?

Unread 23-07-2018, 10:36 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
what if he turns out as good as Rio Ferdinand?
I'll eat my hat.

PS pay your £3.

Unread 23-07-2018, 10:44 AM
dragflick

Quote:
I'll eat my hat.

PS pay your £3.

Unread 23-07-2018, 11:09 AM
dunk

Quote:

Tbf, they dropped £50m on John Stones, Maguire was better than him at the WC..

Unread 23-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
50 on Stones, 50 on walker, 58 on Laporte, 43 on the goalkeeper, 50 on Mendy...

Meanwhile the biggest club in the world can’t afford a full back as well as a centre back.

Wonderful.

Unread 23-07-2018, 11:32 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The thing is the Stones thing is exactly why you don't buy Maguire, he's not markedly better than we have already.
A far better help would be getting fullbacks who can actually play full back, so that the centre halves aren't constantly having to try to cover 2 positions each because a clumsy shithouse former winger has lost the ball 10 yards inside the opposition half and is now out of position.

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:21 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
he's not markedly better than we have already

ok

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
50 on Stones, 50 on walker, 58 on Laporte, 43 on the goalkeeper, 50 on Mendy...

Meanwhile the biggest club in the world can’t afford a full back as well as a centre back.

Wonderful.
It's a joke mate. I've learned to accept and live with the financial constraint side of things, I hate the way we manage and utilise what we have. The budget is the budget, you don't have to piss it all away on old shite.

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:24 PM
puressence

50 mill on a flatheaded £#%&!er

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
The thing is the Stones thing is exactly why you don't buy Maguire, he's not markedly better than we have already.
A far better help would be getting fullbacks who can actually play full back, so that the centre halves aren't constantly having to try to cover 2 positions each because a clumsy shithouse former winger has lost the ball 10 yards inside the opposition half and is now out of position.
Quite possibly.

But if they buy Maguire and £#%&! Rojo, Jones etc. off and he becomes a more reliable, solid version of Smalling while Lindelof and Bailly establish themselves allowing us to eventually ditch Smalling and let Tuanzebe come through, then it's a good move.

If we buy him, keep all the above and play him as a third CB in lieu of a proper FB or whatever then

Better £50m on him than £50m on Alderwiereld or some other CB approaching the apex of his career.

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:49 PM
Curtis

Wrong thread. Moved post.

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Someone on twitter made a pretty salient point yesterday about city's approach compared to ours:

Pep spent big buying a keeper, he was shit so they spent heavy on a replacement one season later.
50 mill on Stones, he didn't pan out they way they'd hoped so they spent another 50+ on Laporte.
Navas, flopped so bought Silva.
Bought Nolito, flopped so bought Jesus.
The list goes on. All within a year or two of each other.

Meanwhile we are still playing with 30+ year old wingers as fullbacks, Smalling as a first choice and no recognized right winger.

That club's attitude toward upgrading playing staff puts United's in the shade. Despite us being technically able to outspend almost anyone and stay inside FFP, Glazer's approach doesn't seem like changing any time soon.
As I've said in another thread...Jose will be gone soon and we can get one of those magical unicorn managers who wins titles playing expansive football with Young and Valencia as full backs.

Cream

Maybe the amount of deadwood we need to shift has created a transfer black hole from which we can't escape. Players running down their contracts while telling fans how much they love the club etc. #hugs

That being said, we just gave Fellaini a new contract.

What a to do.

windy waffles

Quote:
As I've said in another thread...Jose will be gone soon and we can get one of those magical unicorn managers who wins titles playing expansive football with Young and Valencia as full backs.
It wasn't funny the first time you posted it.

Log off or, even better, pick me up from Westminster Abbey and take me to Moorgate.

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

quite enjoying the sparky/koppas beef

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Log off or, even better, pick me up from Westminster Abbey and take me to Moorgate.
What the £#%&! are you doing in London you simple @#%&! - busking?

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:55 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
What the £#%&! are you doing in London you simple @#%&! - busking?
Working, pal.

I can't sing.

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Sapien

Quote:

Please don't bring him to Moorgate. Ta.

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:58 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Please don't bring him to Moorgate. Ta.
Closed Thread