United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-02-2017, 11:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

the most laughable decision since docherty sold gerry daly

still, at least i can get on with hoping leicester's ingurland tossers go down now.

Unread 23-02-2017, 11:25 PM
sa7

Literally the only reason not to wish that shite club getting sucked into a black hole has now gone.

I am now able to celebrate their every failure with the clearest of consciences.

Unread 23-02-2017, 11:29 PM
S/Side.Red

I don't go in for all the sentimental loyalty %@#$&!s but he's a likeable guy and it'd have been nice to see him get Sevilla home leg.

As Throb says, makes it much easier to hope they go down now though

Unread 23-02-2017, 11:31 PM
sa7

The £#%&!ing Midlands planks that popped up on this thread

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...ight=Leicester

This particular line is even funnier now in reteospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by knopflerboy
I'm proud of being from Leicester and watching the last bit of actual romance in a sport which is now just a business
Like all great romance stories, it had a sad ending

Unread 23-02-2017, 11:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

not quite....but just as funny

they want Brenda from Celtic
Hilarious stuff.

Unread 23-02-2017, 11:46 PM
Stickman

Can't for the life of me understand why they stopped playing for him.

Unread 23-02-2017, 11:46 PM
Arnold Muhren

How to ruin a fairytale ending in 7 months. Jamie Vardy could've gone to Arsenal in the Summer, he might playing Preston next season

Unread 23-02-2017, 11:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Can't for the life of me understand why they stopped playing for him.
From what I understand the perception is that he went in and basically left everything alone. Essentially let the wave they'd had under Pearson carry on. And it kept going, he barely changed the side or the tactics. And the miracle happened. This season they've needed change, guidance etc and he's basically come up with no answers. So the big time charlies in the team reckon he's uninspiring.

What's much more likely is that a shit bunch of players has reverted back to the norm, and they don't have the humility to accept that.

Unread 24-02-2017, 02:13 AM
Stickman

The latter seems far more likely. He must have been pretty good behind th scenes to keep them top of the league for almost the entire season

Unread 24-02-2017, 04:05 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
Pearson the early favourite.
Eat her rat out...

Unread 24-02-2017, 06:15 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
From what I understand the perception is that he went in and basically left everything alone. Essentially let the wave they'd had under Pearson carry on. And it kept going, he barely changed the side or the tactics. And the miracle happened. This season they've needed change, guidance etc and he's basically come up with no answers. So the big time charlies in the team reckon he's uninspiring.

What's much more likely is that a shit bunch of players has reverted back to the norm, and they don't have the humility to accept that.
Teams adapted to their tactics and also raised their games against the champions. Always happens to smaller teams who win the league unless they're special and Leicester aren't. They were always going to struggle regardless of who was managing them.

The Leicester players thinking they're better than they are because of a freak occurrence coupled with the above is what's done for ranieri. Sacking him is clueless.

Unread 24-02-2017, 06:20 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Teams adapted to their tactics and also raised their games against the champions. Always happens to smaller teams who win the league unless they're special and Leicester aren't. They were always going to struggle regardless of who was managing them.

The Leicester players thinking they're better than they are because of a freak occurrence coupled with the above is what's done for ranieri. Sacking him is clueless.
Will laugh my #@&%! off if they go back for Pearson - can't even believe this is nothing more than seagulls filling column inches

Unread 24-02-2017, 07:01 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Eat her rat out...

Unread 24-02-2017, 08:48 AM
TheFatGoth

"The game has gone" according to a load of rent a quote pundits. Wonder how many of them quit their job as a result.

Unread 24-02-2017, 09:13 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

I think it's harsh to say he didn't do anything and just let the crest of a wave continue from the end of the previous season

He changed from a 3 at the back to a 4 at the back and also made Mahrez a regular in the side

Will be interesting finding out what happened behind the scenes
I wonder if a lot of this was brewing last season but the title charge kept a lid on it or have a lot of the big personalities in the dressing just become big time Charlie's
I suspect a bit of both

When they were doing their lap of honour at the end of last season I never would have thought in a million years he wouldn't make till the end of next season as manager

Unread 24-02-2017, 09:20 AM
Ethers

Apparently all the big contracts for average players that were given out after the title win are contingent on staying in the Prem, so the players have started panicking at the prospect of seeing their ridiculous wages disappear and forced him out.

Unread 24-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Apparently all the big contracts for average players that were given out after the title win are contingent on staying in the Prem, so the players have started panicking at the prospect of seeing their ridiculous wages disappear and forced him out.

If only there were any other way they could directly influence whether they stay in the division....

Unread 24-02-2017, 09:27 AM
doudou

Unread 24-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

If only there were any other way they could directly influence whether they stay in the division....
It's almost as if they haven't played well enough this season.

Unread 24-02-2017, 09:33 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
That would be a really shocking stat if I could remember who won the league cup last year.
Closed Thread