Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-09-2008, 10:32 AM
My Name is Keith

Not denying that Fountz.

How many of them attend though?

Unread 02-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Zorg

Also, why would kids in Manchester not want to support United, yet kids outside Manchester want to?

Unread 02-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Not denying that Fountz.

How many of them attend though?
Probably a significant number.

The point being however, it's a local primary school serving the local community. When I attended, then yes indeed they were the majority, now however they're not even the dominant factor in what most people would consider their plum area of support.

It'll only get worse for them aswell because there's huge swathes of kids coming through who've been brought up in an era of United domination.

Unread 02-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Zorg

I grew up in south Manchester in the 80s and there were far more United fans at both primary and secondary school.

Unread 02-09-2008, 11:26 AM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Good post borsuk.

I have three points though:

1) it's not a computer game. Boredom will arrive much less quickly in real life.

2) Chelsea are clearly more restrained, true, but they successfully bought two league titles - the thought of city coming close to that makes me sick.

3) siddy fans' giddyness is such that they would not care if the club changed its colours to red, white and black and its name to 'Manchester Untied', as long as they have some superstar Brazilians with 1,000 giddy points.

Im using that one later.

So true

Unread 02-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I grew up in south Manchester in the 80s and there were far more United fans at both primary and secondary school.
Not denying it Zorg. As I stated, by the time I hit Senior School, it was at least 50/50. I reside in the area of City's the supposed Hotbed for support. It's more and more United as time goes by.

Unread 02-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Not denying it Zorg. As I stated, by the time I hit Senior School, it was at least 50/50. I reside in the area of City's the supposed Hotbed for support. It's more and more United as time goes by.
Not Burnage is it? THat's where I grew up and people always tell me 'oh loads of blues there' when as I say when I was at school we outnumbered them by miles.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Baron

Highly amusing article here...

Quote:
[SIZE="4"]Madrid: Robinho's mental state led to City sale

MADRID, Spain: Robinho's depressed mental state played a part in the decision to sell him to Manchester City, according to Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon.

"The boy was in a terrible way," Calderon told radio station Cadena SER late Monday. "Robinho's problem was worse than we believed. I spoke to him several times. When he spoke of his situation, he physically cried and asked to leave Spain. He was desperate."

"It is not Madrid's aim to sell players. We must defend the club's interests. The reasons in this case are both humane and sporting."

Man City beat Chelsea to Robinho's signing by agreeing to pay Madrid a British-record 32.5 million pound transfer fee (€40 million; US$58 million) before the end of the European transfer window on Monday.

"He wasn't bothered about going to Manchester City. His departure from Madrid wasn't just due to sporting reasons, there is something else, which I can't understand. You can't keep anyone against their will at the club," Calderon said.

Robinho had repeatedly spoken of his desire to join Chelsea, but City, boosted by a windfall from an imminent takeover by a United Arab Emirates business group, made a huge offer for the 24-year-old forward.

Agreeing to a four-year contract, Robinho will reportedly earn €6 million ($8.7 million) a year — about three times his salary with the Spanish champions.

"This (Monday) afternoon, Chelsea hadn't said anything. Manchester made its bid at seven o'clock by fax. It was €34 million (US$49.3 million). And we reached €40 million (US$58 million), plus €2 million (US$2.9 million) for objectives," Calderon said.

The El Pais newspaper said Tuesday that Robinho's departure represented a defeat for Madrid coach Bernd Schuster and a victory for the club's sports director, Predrag Mijatovic.

Despite leaving Robinho out of the squad for Madrid's opening Spanish league defeat at Deportivo La Coruna on Sunday, Schuster had always wanted the forward to stay. By contrast, Mijatovic had instigated the sale, the daily said.

Criticizing the club for a lack of foresight, El Pais said the Spanish champion was now short on top players, having failed to sign Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo, Valencia's David Villa and Villarreal's Santi Cazorla.

"Robinho decided to go to a lesser club instead of staying at Madrid. A bad sign," it said.

Madrid has spent €23 million (US$33.3 million) on two new players — Netherlands midfielder Rafael van der Vaart from Hamburg and Argentine defender Ezequiel Garay from Racing Santander, who has been loaned back to Santander this season. That is Madrid's lowest offseason expenditure since 1995.
£#%&! me that is hilarious.

Some pleb thought he was a top 5 player in world football, the @#%&! cries at the mention of staying in Spain & has ended up at City!

Unread 02-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Sparky***

robinho HAD to leave madrid. he had made his position untenable. He came out and slated the club in public. Real were never going to sell to chelsea out of spite and then in came city with their lumbering ridiculous bid. Real accepted, and Robinho really had no option but to move, or spend the rest of the year on madrid's bench.

he'll be looking for the door by january.
Closed Thread