United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2017, 09:55 AM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Actually started to resemble a proper Footballer towards the end of the season. Worth holding onto imo

This. I think he was one of Mou's favourites too.

Be surprised if he is allowed to leave although, if Alves leaves as expected, you never know.

Unread 21-06-2017, 10:38 AM
92ToBury

He's of a higher quality than others who haven't been disposed of yet. Can cover left and right back and as such keep shit@#%&!s out of the team.

Much rather get Young, Smalling and Jones off the wage bill.

Unread 21-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He's of a higher quality than others who haven't been disposed of yet. Can cover left and right back and as such keep shit@#%&!s out of the team.

Much rather get Young, Smalling and Jones off the wage bill.
Yup. Big fan of darmers, puts a shift in, does his job. Never a world beater but a great squad player.

Unread 21-06-2017, 11:58 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Yup. Big fan of darmers, puts a shift in, does his job. Never a world beater but a great squad player.
Correct. We don't need 11 world beaters; we need a better average level of player and not to be worried when we look at the team or bench.

Unread 21-06-2017, 12:49 PM
dodger

Would love to know how much Juve would want for an equivalent player in their first team if we came in with a random bid.

Unread 31-05-2018, 11:02 PM
goonlooca

£10.5m apparently

Unread 31-05-2018, 11:12 PM
red in cumbria

Ah, that was kept a bit quiet.

Unread 31-05-2018, 11:12 PM
Sparky***

Another Van Gaal signing exits after a glittering United career.

Unread 31-05-2018, 11:15 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Good enough for Juventus and to win caps for Italy but apparently not good enough to get a game at right back ahead of a man who has the positional sense of a blind man with an inner ear infection and offers next to nothing going forward for us.

Genuinely baffling.

Unread 31-05-2018, 11:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Good enough for Juventus and to win caps for Italy but apparently not good enough to get a game at right back ahead of a man who has the positional sense of a blind man with an inner ear infection and offers next to nothing going forward for us.

Genuinely baffling.
I take it you never actually saw him play for us?

Unread 31-05-2018, 11:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Will inevitably spend ten years at Juve winning trophies.

Unread 31-05-2018, 11:23 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Did anyone?

Did look vaguely promising in his first few starts but after moving left when Shaw got whacked he just looked permanently baffled. Irritating to say the least.

Unread 31-05-2018, 11:24 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I've watched Valencia play right back for us for a lot of the last 4 years, I'll be honest I always felt the drop off was wildly overstated, but then I'm in that camp that I think our defensive woes are massively exagerrated and used as an excuse for literally £#%&!ing everything.

Juventus probably aren't signing him for shits and giggles.

Unread 31-05-2018, 11:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Did anyone?

Did look vaguely promising in his first few starts but after moving left when Shaw got whacked he just looked permanently baffled. Irritating to say the least.
Was a weird signing and one that made me question the scouting. In a system in which defenders have to be comfortable on the ball, he was a very limited player in that regard. Mou probably appreciated him as a defender, but he looked a little blinded by the lights here.

Unread 31-05-2018, 11:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
I've watched Valencia play right back for us for a lot of the last 4 years, I'll be honest I always felt the drop off was wildly overstated, but then I'm in that camp that I think our defensive woes are massively exagerrated and used as an excuse for literally £#%&!ing everything.

Juventus probably aren't signing him for shits and giggles.
He may be more suited to the italian league. He certainly wasn't suited to ours as he consistently put in wretched performances.

Aside from maybe Valencia who is a bit of a steady eddie, All of our defenders on their day are prone to making horrific individual errors, we literally just lost a cup final because of one.

The problem is that they are all a bit meh and none of them are particularly outstanding at any aspect of the game at all. Take De Gea out of that goal and the stats would be nowhere near as kind to them.

Unread 31-05-2018, 11:33 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Was a weird signing and one that made me question the scouting. In a system in which defenders have to be comfortable on the ball, he was a very limited player in that regard. Mou probably appreciated him as a defender, but he looked a little blinded by the lights here.
I did remember him giving Leighton £#%&!ing Baines the run around in the world cup, but you'd have hoped the scouts had watched a bit more than that. They even had iPads to watch Torino matches on. Inexplicable.

Unread 31-05-2018, 11:35 PM
Cream

Fabulous news.

A @#%&!.

Unread 31-05-2018, 11:36 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Fabulous news.

A @#%&!.

Unread 31-05-2018, 11:49 PM
waynes ear's

Valencia is £#%&!ing £#%&!. Not a “steady eddie”

He’s £#%&!ing £#%&!

Unread 01-06-2018, 12:08 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Valencia is £#%&!ing £#%&!. Not a “steady eddie”

He’s £#%&!ing £#%&!
This.

I’d take Darmian over that square headed shithouse any day.

However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonlooca
Closed Thread