United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:25 PM
The Return of JC

Default Louis Saha

Clearly lacking in confidence and match fitness yesterday, but still chipped in for the second goal and hopefully he can build on this and continue to deputise for Rooney.
If he can do that and continue to make an impact from the bench then maybe this new role will work out for him.

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:26 PM
antonin jablonsky

I wish I could believe he will. Should sign a forward in Januray.

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:28 PM
1MUFC

Here we go again

If Luis is ‘over’ his injury I would like nothing more than for him to be a success, and he is obviously going to lack match fitness.

If he isn’t ever going to shake off his injr or get over it, and have to play 10 minutes here and there from the bench for the rest of his stay with us, its not acceptable and he needs to leave.

I would like saha to come out and say, this is it, I am fit, I am over this injury and I am ready to play week in week out.

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Child of Darkness

soft arse

not fit to lace RVN's boots

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I wish I could believe he will. Should sign a forward in Januray.
i think he is a class act but we should still sign a fourth forward

sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
soft arse

not fit to lace RVN's boots
rather have saha in treatment room rather than that dutch @#%&! in the squad.

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
i think he is a class act but we should still sign a fourth forward
I agree. i'd love nothing more than Louis to get right but the more time that passes the less I think it's going to happen. Shame as he is a £#%&!ing excellent player imo.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:25 PM
dodger

He can't be relied upon, whatever the reasons are and I suspect they are many and varied, so we need another striker of the same type as him. NOT another "in the hole" man. I can't see it happening this season though.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:28 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
Here we go again

If Luis is ‘over’ his injury I would like nothing more than for him to be a success, and he is obviously going to lack match fitness.

If he isn’t ever going to shake off his injr or get over it, and have to play 10 minutes here and there from the bench for the rest of his stay with us, its not acceptable and he needs to leave.

I would like saha to come out and say, this is it, I am fit, I am over this injury and I am ready to play week in week out.
I'm not trying to open the debate again, merely making an observation.

Considering how terrible his injury record is then I guess we have to appreciate how long it may take. Baby steps and all that.

He didn't pull out in the warm up, didn't get injured in the game and made a contribution in a time when we need him to.
It gives him a platform and something to build on, that was my point.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Cantona's collar

It is no coincidence that Saha's longest injury free period came at a time when he was first choice.

Ruud first choice = Saha injured
Saha first choice = Saha fully fit
Larrson first choice = Saha goes from fully fit to injured
Tevez first choice = Saha injured

Same with internationals.

He is a slapped arse who has no desire to fight for his place.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:31 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

Considering how terrible his injury record is then I guess we have to appreciate how long it may take. Baby steps and all that.

He didn't pull out in the warm up, didn't get injured in the game and made a contribution in a time when we need him to.
Like the previous 5 + times , i hope he does come back from it. But there comes a point when enough is enough and its arrived, he’s on his very last chance.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:33 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Like the previous 5 + times , i hope he does come back from it. But there comes a point when enough is enough and its arrived, he’s on his very last chance.
Isn't that a little contradictory?

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:36 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Isn't that a little contradictory?
Basically for the toss pots like you, everyone has had enough of him and its his very last chance. Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Still it'd be too much of a risk for me to go into the title run in trusting in someone as injury prone as Saha to back up someone who's getting injured as much as Rooney.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:39 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Basically for the toss pots like you, everyone has had enough of him and its his very last chance. Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it.

Sorry I asked.

I was just curious as to how you can say 'enough is enough' followed by 'this is his last chance'.

Gee, what a toss pot I must be.

Oh, and I'm sorry I made an observation about Saha. I'll try not let the football cloud by rage again.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I feel a bit sick tbh. Two breakfast rolls and the worst hangover of 2007 to date. I don't care if this is the wrong thread either.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:40 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Still it'd be too much of a risk for me to go into the title run in trusting in someone as injury prone as Saha to back up someone who's getting injured as much as Rooney.
Even if he stayed fit over the next few months until then?

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:41 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I feel a bit sick tbh. Two breakfast rolls and the worst hangover of 2007 to date. I don't care if this is the wrong thread either.

Me too. I might have to ask the woman sat next to me for a cuddle. Fuzzy as hell. No pun intended.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Even if he stayed fit over the next few months until then?
Yes, cos he's always only a minute away from a 6 month lay off and he's shown no ability to stay fit for a "few months". Problem is, niggles turn into months out with him. As I say, it's just plain sensible to get a backup in considering Rooney and Saha's injury problems.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:44 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Yes, cos he's always only a minute away from a 6 month lay off and he's shown no ability to stay fit for a "few months". Problem is, niggles turn into months out with him. As I say, it's just plain sensible to get a backup in considering Rooney and Saha's injury problems.
Fair enough.
Closed Thread