United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-11-2009, 07:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Default Re: Mourinho

Fair enough. I do think Mourinho is smart enough to adapt to different requirements, though. If coming to United would have to involve changing his style of play a little (again, even now I don't think he's half as bad as Benitez, for example) I think it's a challenge he'd take on. I also think, with the stability United would offer, he'd be given a better platform to do that. As he said himself, Chelsea was a project based on immediate success and to an extent that dictated his approach from the start.

The point made earlier in the thread about his big-match record is also a good one. He tends to be very aggressive, domestically at least, in his approach to the matches against direct rivals. I think that's something that would be appreciated here, as would his fondness for winding up the likes of Benitez and Wenger.

Unread 14-11-2009, 07:30 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
if we could win against barcelona and win the champions league, I would take that every time instead of pretty football.

Unread 14-11-2009, 07:32 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Fair enough. I do think Mourinho is smart enough to adapt to different requirements, though. If coming to United would have to involve changing his style of play a little (again, even now I don't think he's half as bad as Benitez, for example) I think it's a challenge he'd take on. I also think, with the stability United would offer, he'd be given a better platform to do that. As he said himself, Chelsea was a project based on immediate success and to an extent that dictated his approach from the start.

The point made earlier in the thread about his big-match record is also a good one. He tends to be very aggressive, domestically at least, in his approach to the matches against direct rivals. I think that's something that would be appreciated here, as would his fondness for winding up the likes of Benitez and Wenger.
i'd give him the benefit of the doubt the moment he walks through the door, obviously. and not as bad as benitez, well, fair enough talk about damning with faint praise.

you watching brazil? great performance from nilmar, really like him as a player. hulk on now

Unread 14-11-2009, 07:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
you watching brazil? great performance from nilmar, really like him as a player. hulk on now
Would have been nice to see Dunga start Hulk. There won't be many more chances to try out new players ahead of next summer and everyone knows Fabiano will be first-choice in attack. How much will he really learn about the fringe players against Oman? For a guy with such a wealth of possiblities (Grafite still can't get anywhere near the squad) Dunga is as predictable and dull with his selctions as he is with his football. Gilberto Silva? Still?

Unread 14-11-2009, 07:41 PM
rafabio

Quote:
i'd give him the benefit of the doubt the moment he walks through the door, obviously. and not as bad as benitez, well, fair enough talk about damning with faint praise.

brown is struggling against nilmar. nilmar is beating him with pace for fun.

Unread 14-11-2009, 07:45 PM
rafabio

borsuk, if you are watching the match you will know why capello prefers johnson over brown

Unread 14-11-2009, 07:49 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Would have been nice to see Dunga start Hulk. There won't be many more chances to try out new players ahead of next summer and everyone knows Fabiano will be first-choice in attack. How much will he really learn about the fringe players against Oman? For a guy with such a wealth of possiblities (Grafite still can't get anywhere near the squad) Dunga is as predictable and dull with his selctions as he is with his football. Gilberto Silva? Still?
true but surely (given your support for mourinho above) you can't argue with his results. and all those goals too!

one of the most workmanlike and dull brazil sides in years, this. grindingly efficient, but really ordinary as a team. it's watching germany twenty years ago.

Unread 14-11-2009, 07:51 PM
borsuk

Quote:
borsuk, if you are watching the match you will know why capello prefers johnson over brown
yeah, because this is really typical of brown's performances over the last couple of years.

brown 07-08 > anything johnson has every managed.

you might as well slag rooney off. he's been shite as well.

Unread 14-11-2009, 07:53 PM
rafabio

Quote:
yeah, because this is really typical of brown's performances over the last couple of years.

brown 07-08 > anything johnson has every managed.

you might as well slag rooney off. he's been shite as well.
for me only rooney and milner have played well today.

Unread 14-11-2009, 08:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
true but surely (given your support for mourinho above) you can't argue with his results. and all those goals too!
Ouch!

I genuinely don't think Mou's football is that bad

Unread 14-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Sandman

Chelsea under Mourinho were like Liverpool under Shankly and Paisley, the Sir Matt quote Borsuk has as his signature says it all.

Unread 14-11-2009, 08:21 PM
koppas

I'd take the Hulk.

Unread 14-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Mr_Ed

Lippi, Mourinho or Larry White in that order...

Unread 14-11-2009, 08:22 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Lippi, Mourinho or Larry White in that order...
Lippi ffs?

Bit old mate.

I know he has won everything in his career but to appoint someone who will be, at least, 62 would be .

Unread 14-11-2009, 08:30 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Ouch!

I genuinely don't think Mou's football is that bad
You'd swear the current United side were Brazil.

Mourinho at Utd would be a good way of ensuring we build up a 4/5 league lead over Liverpool.

He's box office and he probably couldn't play quite as cagily on a pitch the size of OT every other week anyway. Tactics would have to be adapted somewhat.

Unread 14-11-2009, 08:37 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Chelsea under Mourinho were like Liverpool under Shankly and Paisley, the Sir Matt quote Borsuk has as his signature says it all.

shankly, paisley and mourinho all won trophies.

Unread 14-11-2009, 08:41 PM
borsuk

Quote:

shankly, paisley and mourinho all won trophies.
that's all right then.

ffs

Unread 14-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I doubt the Inter fans were bored shitless when they hammered Milan 4-0, or when they won 5-0 at Genoa or beat Palermo 5-3.

Mourinho's mind-numbing football has brought 29 goals in 12 games in Serie A so far this season.
Indeed.

But some people on here are blind in their views

Unread 14-11-2009, 08:46 PM
rafabio

Quote:
that's all right then.

ffs
see your quote

"We seem to be producing a number of teams these days who think that strength, aggression and power are all that is needed to succeed in the modern game.
What they forget is that without pure skill these virtues count for absolutely nothing."

it talks about how teams fail.

what sandman interpreted is totally wrong. shankly, paisley, mourinho all won trophies. Either they won it with teams who were strong and skillful or sir matt busby's quote is in the wrong. I prefer to go with the former opinion.

Unread 14-11-2009, 09:18 PM
borsuk

Quote:
see your quote

"We seem to be producing a number of teams these days who think that strength, aggression and power are all that is needed to succeed in the modern game.
What they forget is that without pure skill these virtues count for absolutely nothing."

it talks about how teams fail.

what sandman interpreted is totally wrong. shankly, paisley, mourinho all won trophies. Either they won it with teams who were strong and skillful or sir matt busby's quote is in the wrong. I prefer to go with the former opinion.
nope. it talks about a higher value than simply winning trophies at all costs. but your posts above (happy to play shite football if it means we beat barca and win the cl) shows your priorities. not having a go, but mine are different - which is why my sig is what it is.
Closed Thread