United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:22 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Don't then. It's your right. But don't expect the rest of us not to point out hypocrisy when we see it.
McLean comes from an area that will forever be identified with the events of Bloody Sunday, it's perfectly natural for him to (a) refuse to wear a poppy commemorating the murderers who rampaged through the area, and (b) refuse to respect the anthem praising the head of those murderers

I'd say he is a man of honour

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:23 PM
20 times

#GSTQ

#SupportTheTroops

#OurBoys

#Heroes

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:24 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Give James McLean coracaos wages
Not got a clue as to what that is even supposed to mean.

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:27 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not got a clue as to what that is even supposed to mean.
I think it's a reference to the "soldiers only get paid x and footballers get paid y. Soldiers are HEROES, not footballers" shit that twitter #@&%!s come out with

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
I think it's a reference to the "soldiers only get paid x and footballers get paid y. Soldiers are HEROES, not footballers" shit that twitter #@&%!s come out with
Pay isn't that bad tbf.

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
McLean comes from an area that will forever be identified with the events of Bloody Sunday, it's perfectly natural for him to (a) refuse to wear a poppy commemorating the murderers who rampaged through the area, and (b) refuse to respect the anthem praising the head of those murderers

I'd say he is a man of honour
I couldn't give a shit where he comes from. It's where he is now that's the issue. He was obviously happy to move to England and be employed by an English club, pay his tax to an English government.

Where is his 'honour' and moral principles when he collects his £20k a week wages with a big HM tax and revenues deduction on the payslip?

I've got no time for any of it. The tedious glorification of our military post 9/11 or the moral posturing of people who thought that cowardly murder of civilians was an appropriate response to cowardly murder by soldiers.

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:32 PM
20 times

Maybe he's atheist and that's why he's not arsed about God Save the Queen.

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:32 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Don't care that he didn't sing the national anthem tbh. I don't like it myself, think it's shit.

However he obviously has a big problem with this country from refusing to have a poppy on his kit to this kind of pointless gesture in a pre season friendly .

If you're going to be a moral crusader it's probably best if you aren't happy to collect 'blood stained' pounds with pictures of your oppressors printed on the front.
i think he's got a big problem with britain's history, not the country in general. the poppy and anthem are part of that history and that's what he's making a stand against, which is understandable imo when you consider where he was brought up.

it takes guts to do what he has done, especially when he knows he is going to get criticism and death threats from the usual bigoted little englanders.

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:36 PM
no fun

Quote:
I couldn't give a shit where he comes from. It's where he is now that's the issue. He was obviously happy to move to England and be employed by an English club, pay his tax to an English government.

Where is his 'honour' and moral principles when he collects his £20k a week wages with a big HM tax and revenues deduction on the payslip?

I've got no time for any of it. The tedious glorification of our military post 9/11 or the moral posturing of people who thought that cowardly murder of civilians was an appropriate response to cowardly murder by soldiers.
That doesn't hold up pal

If he'd stayed in Derry stacking shelves in his local tescos he would still be paying tax to HM govt, so as a pro footballer he just pays more

I've been to where he comes from several times...the locals are not particularly anti English per se, but they do hate the British military and their masters, and with some justification

Trust me, if he wore a poppy or sang GSTQ he would not be welcome back home

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:37 PM
Zorg

superb

Everyone should turn their backs on that £#%&!ing forelock-tugging pile of shite.

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:38 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
if he was telling a black england player to £#%&! off back to his own country for not singing the national anthem, would it be tolerated?

you're a racist, son.
This. Sparky hates the Irish for some reason. Sad to see if I am honest as he comes across as a quite pleasant chap.

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Big Norm

Quote:

Are you saying anyone who pays tax has to support the monarchy and military?

Seriously?

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:42 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
This. Sparky hates the Irish for some reason. Sad to see if I am honest as he comes across as a quite pleasant chap.
Nonsense, the analogy provided doesn't even make any sense.

Why would he tell an English player to £#%&! off to his own country? The bloke he's talking about IS a foreigner and has a beef with the country that pays him.

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:43 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm

Seriously?
Anyone who pays tax is supporting the monarchy and the military...

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Seriously?
They are supporting them. That's the whole concept of tax.

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I don't hate my mother, uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents etc etc.

I don't however have time for hypocritical moral crusaders.

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:48 PM
elephantstone

He will be barring the Irish from his cab soon. Probably do some kind of Irish knowledge test before they attempt to get in.

This cab does not go to Kilburn or cricklewood

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

Seriously?
They don't call it HM revenue and customs for nothing

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:49 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Nonsense, the analogy provided doesn't even make any sense.

Why would he tell an English player to £#%&! off to his own country? The bloke he's talking about IS a foreigner and has a beef with the country that pays him.
Anyone would think he gave a nazi salute. He lives in an occupied country.

Unread 19-07-2015, 01:49 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
They are supporting them. That's the whole concept of tax.
Financially yes, not through choice btw. Does that mean I have to wear a poppy and sing GSTQ?
Closed Thread