United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-03-2023, 07:21 PM
Pop

He's not paying that just for 69% of the club.

Unread 22-03-2023, 07:33 PM
NedKelly

Go on Jim!

Qatar? More like Catarrh.

Unread 22-03-2023, 07:43 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Go on Jim!

Qatar? More like Catarrh.

*cough*

That was my pun

Unread 22-03-2023, 07:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Big Jim with a confirmed £5bn+ second bid….

Go on big Jim and Sam & George

Unread 22-03-2023, 07:49 PM
windy waffles

His bid is made up of debt and loans...

Quote:

Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase and Co are understood to be helping bankroll Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s offer with a mix of bonds and loans beyond the value of United’s existing gross debt of £680m.

Ratcliffe’s track record of successful investments makes him a safer bet than many for loans but the outside market conditions may affect his bid.

Credit Suisse were rescued by arch rival UBS over the weekend and the associated write off of $17 billion of loans means investment banks in the US are wary further losses.

More recently Barclays has shelved two loans for Ratcliffe’s Ineos Enterprises, according to Bloomberg, but The Telegraph report sources close to Ratcliffe were dismissive that the market conditions could harm his bid.

The same report says that Sheikh Jassim, the chairman of Qatar Islamic Bank, is very confident that his debt-free bid is the best offer on the table and will be the most beneficial for the club.

No thanks.

Unread 22-03-2023, 07:53 PM
Ethers

It’s been known for ages that part of the bankrolling for his bid would come from loans

It will be Ineos’s debt, not United’s, so I’m not really sure why it’s an issue for anyone. It’s pretty standard for lots of acquisitions.

Unread 22-03-2023, 07:59 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
It’s been known for ages that part of the bankrolling for his bid would come from loans

It will be Ineos’s debt, not United’s, so I’m not really sure why it’s an issue for anyone. It’s pretty standard for lots of acquisitions.
I think the word debt has become synonymous with the Glazers so some fans take a very simplicity view and see any bid with loans involved as being just like the Glazers

I’m almost 100% certain that whoever takes over the club it will mean us being a debt free club again

Unread 22-03-2023, 08:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
His bid is made up of debt and loans...

No thanks.
Thought you worked in finance ??

Unread 22-03-2023, 08:18 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I think the word debt has become synonymous with the Glazers so some fans take a very simplicity view and see any bid with loans involved as being just like the Glazers

I’m almost 100% certain that whoever takes over the club it will mean us being a debt free club again
Harsh but fair on windy.

Some debt is also totally ok . It’s just the level and how it’s secured. Debt free is a simple and very obvious desire given like you say, the background that united fans have been conditioned to, but it comes with huge compromises if it’s ME related.

Unread 22-03-2023, 08:20 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Thought you worked in finance ??
No.

Unread 22-03-2023, 08:21 PM
poppy

“INEOS Group Chairman Sir James Ratcliffe formally withdraws offer to buy Manchester United Football Club”.

Who’s left? Wish they’d get a riddle on, whoever it is.

Unread 22-03-2023, 08:23 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Big Jim with a confirmed £5bn+ second bid….
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
“INEOS Group Chairman Sir James Ratcliffe formally withdraws offer to buy Manchester United Football Club”.

Who’s left? Wish they’d get a riddle on, whoever it is.

classic fred

Unread 22-03-2023, 08:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
No.
You can tell ...

Unread 22-03-2023, 08:25 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
You can tell ...
Sorry, I forgot you're the oracle of everything...

Carry on...

Unread 22-03-2023, 08:44 PM
est.1878

Ineoff

Unread 22-03-2023, 09:29 PM
RedMenace

One of their chemical plants has blown up in Texas. The Qataris taking no prisoners. Though it is Texas so it could be domestic.

Unread 22-03-2023, 10:02 PM
Ethers

Both bids officially in.

Unread 22-03-2023, 10:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Kaveh scrolling through his phone as he’s being introduced, like he’s getting info coming in there and then.

Phone’s BLOWING up here, lads

Unread 22-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Kaveh scrolling through his phone as he’s being introduced, like he’s getting info coming in there and then.

Phone’s BLOWING up here, lads
Not one £#%&!ing scoop from this guy and he's given about 3 hours air time per day.

Unread 22-03-2023, 10:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Not one £#%&!ing scoop from this guy and he's given about 3 hours air time per day.
I think I’m a bit obsessed with him.

It’s a staggering level of pomposity and self-importance to say literally nothing we don’t already know.

He’s amazing. He just looked at his notes, then TOLD US he’s checking his notes….and the note he checked was….the glazers still might not sell

He’s the journalistic equivalent of taking the ball to the corner to run the clock down.
Closed Thread