United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 03-03-2023, 03:58 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
What's wrong with having dependable squad players? If it's a reasonable price then go for it. That being said a goal or two wouldn't damage his cause.
It's called a budget.

We need a top level CF, starting CM and a good right back.

Given that the budget is likely going to be tight, spending 40 odd million on someone who is likely going to be 4th choice at best (for me he'd be 5th) likely isn't a great move this summer.

Unread 03-03-2023, 04:10 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He's decent but we should be looking at a midfielder to improve the first XI. Doubt we have the funds to do both.

Mainoo or Mejbri should get minutes as 5th choice
5th?

Casemiro
Eriksen
Sabitzer
Fred
The Scottish Player

is the order of preference from these eyes.

Getting a midfielder to improve the first XI means getting a midfielder better than Eriksen for Erikens role. Not sure we can afford that given we need a world class striker.

Don't think you'll find too many players of sabitzers quality for 20m

Unread 03-03-2023, 04:11 PM
Ethers

Where’s 40 odd million come from? He’s supposedly available for £18m.

It’s an absolute no brainer.

How on earth is he 5th choice btw?

Unread 03-03-2023, 04:12 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
5th?

Casemiro
Eriksen
Sabitzer
Fred
The Scottish Player

is the order of preference from these eyes.

Getting a midfielder to improve the first XI means getting a midfielder better than Eriksen for Erikens role. Not sure we can afford that given we need a world class striker.

Don't think you'll find too many players of sabitzers quality for 20m
Yes, 5th.

New signing
Casemiro
Eriksen
Fred

In no specific order.

Unread 03-03-2023, 04:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Yes, 5th.

New signing
Casemiro
Eriksen
Fred

In no specific order.
Do you realise we play more than one person in midfield, yeah?

Unread 03-03-2023, 04:17 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Yes, 5th.

New signing
Casemiro
Eriksen
Fred

In no specific order.

Fred has had a purple patch for 45 minutes for 2 or 3 games. There's absolutely no way he's a better player than sabitzer. Not that I've seen sabitzer at great length beyond his games for us, but i've seen enough of Fred to last me a life time.

He's suddenly flavour of the month and it pains me. Like people have forgotten about his absolute wretched performances for the last 5 years+.

Also, how can a player we currently have be 5th behind a player who we haven't signed and don't even know who he is

Unread 03-03-2023, 04:17 PM
Coracao

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Do you realise we play more than one person in midfield, yeah?
Think that might be the first value I've ever seen you add on a football related post.

Cheers.

Unread 03-03-2023, 04:19 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Think that might be the first value I've ever seen you add on a football related post.

Cheers.
5th choice

Unread 03-03-2023, 04:22 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Fred has had a purple patch for 45 minutes for 2 or 3 games. There's absolutely no way he's a better player than sabitzer. Not that I've seen sabitzer at great length beyond his games for us, but i've seen enough of Fred to last me a life time.

He's suddenly flavour of the month and it pains me. Like people have forgotten about his absolute wretched performances for the last 5 years+.

Also, how can a player we currently have be 5th behind a player who we haven't signed and don't even know who he is
Pretty basic stuff.

I was talking about next season. And transfers. One of the priority positions is a central midfielder to start the majority of games.

I don't think we have the budget to buy players who I believe would be down the pecking order, on top of the central midfielder we should be in the market for.

Hope this helps.

Unread 03-03-2023, 04:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Scored some belters for his previous club, hits a men freekick, but I don't think he's playing that role for Erik....

See him employed to break up the play and move the ball on.....

...and yes never going to get a freekick off Bruno at this early stage.

Unread 03-03-2023, 05:42 PM
atticusgrinch

I'd take this guy in a heartbeat for £16m. We could get more than double that binning The Scottish Player off to Newcastle.

Easy win.

Casemiro;
De Jong;
Eriksen;
Sabitzer;
Fred.

That would be some serious midfield options for a net outlay of £50m-ish.

Unread 03-03-2023, 06:09 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I'd take this guy in a heartbeat for £16m. We could get more than double that binning The Scottish Player off to Newcastle.

Easy win.

Casemiro;
De Jong;
Eriksen;
Sabitzer;
Fred.

Yeah but is sabitzer 4th or 5th choice?

Unread 03-03-2023, 07:01 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Yeah but is sabitzer 4th or 5th choice?
4.5?

One of the best things about Ten Hag is that he doesn’t have favourites. If you’re in and doing what he want to the requisite standard, you keep your place. Meritocracy.

After years of Ole, it’s great to see.

Unread 03-03-2023, 07:50 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:

Easy win.

Casemiro;
De Jong;
Eriksen;
Sabitzer;
Fred.

United value The Scottish Player at £25 million. I think we will be lucky to get 15 for him. I`m not sure about Sabitzer, he hasn`t had an outstanding game for me and we have kids out on loan that will surely be added to the squad.

For me we need a Goalie, Right Back, Centre Mid and Centre Forward. Spend the money there and see what`s left if we actually manage to sell anybody.

Unread 08-03-2023, 06:30 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:

Easy win.

Casemiro;
De Jong;
Eriksen;
Sabitzer;
Fred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
United value The Scottish Player at £25 million. I think we will be lucky to get 15 for him. I`m not sure about Sabitzer, he hasn`t had an outstanding game for me and we have kids out on loan that will surely be added to the squad.

For me we need a Goalie, Right Back, Centre Mid and Centre Forward. Spend the money there and see what`s left if we actually manage to sell anybody.

Latest News

Italian news outlet CMW have claimed that Bayern plan to offer Marcel Sabitzer to Juventus in a deal to bring Vlahovic to the Allianz Arena.

Quote:

Easy win.

Casemiro;
De Jong;
Eriksen;
Sabitzer;
Fred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020

Latest News

Italian news outlet CMW have claimed that Bayern plan to offer Marcel Sabitzer to Juventus in a deal to bring Vlahovic to the Allianz Arena.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/03/0...ter-kane-blow/

Unread 08-03-2023, 06:59 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Where’s 40 odd million come from? He’s supposedly available for £18m.

It’s an absolute no brainer.

How on earth is he 5th choice btw?
Quote:
Yes, 5th.

New signing
Casemiro
Eriksen
Fred

In no specific order.
He is a better player than Fred( who has let us down countless times)

Unread 08-03-2023, 07:05 PM
armchair

Not sure why someone would willingly go to Italy at this stage.

Unread 20-03-2023, 12:50 PM
dragflick

Catchy.

Unread 20-03-2023, 12:54 PM
Ethers

I thought Marc Bolan was dead .

Unread 20-03-2023, 12:54 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick