United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Berbatov is not playing particularly badly and should not be left out of the starting line up
He is doing very little of any worth and not looking arsed at all when things don't go his way. I'm sure there are those who say "yes, but he could change a game with one bit of skill", and when he starts doing that he'll be worthy of inclusion. Until then, no.

Quote:
but then this is a side going for 3-in-a-row, a fact that is glossed over but should not be

What? That can only possibly mean that the previous two seasons are having an effect on what is going on in this one. Sorry, that is %@#$&!s.

Unread 14-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank
He is doing very little of any worth and not looking arsed at all when things don't go his way. I'm sure there are those who say "yes, but he could change a game with one bit of skill", and when he starts doing that he'll be worthy of inclusion. Until then, no.

What? That can only possibly mean that the previous two seasons are having an effect on what is going on in this one. Sorry, that is %@#$&!s.
i don't agree that he doesn't look arsed, though and i definately don't agree that he's doing nothing of any worth

as an aside - though obviously not entirely unrelated - it's good to see that United have kept 5 clean sheets on the trot since the end to end defeat at Arsenal

as for your second point I honestly can't even begin to imagine why anyone would think that a team that's won the title for the previous two seasons would not face a succession of teams more fired up than ever in a determination to stop them making it 3-in-a-row - especially when that team is also the Champions of Europe

on the point about only taking 4pts from a list of aways it's a pretty meaningless stat easily countered by the fact that it's superb that we've won at Blackburn, City and Portsmouth

Unread 14-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
as for your second point I honestly can't even begin to imagine why anyone would think that a team that's won the title for the previous two seasons would not face a succession of teams more fired up than ever in a determination to stop them making it 3-in-a-row - especially when that team is also the Champions of Europe
They are still playing against Manchester United, which has been enough for most teams to raise their game for the last 15 years or more. If you think they have another gear to go into just in case United have won the European Cup the season previously....

Seriously, that's the worst point raised on here all weekend, utter nonsense. If you genuinely believe it, you'll be in a minority of one, I'm sure.

Unread 14-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank
They are still playing against Manchester United, which has been enough for most teams to raise their game for the last 15 years or more. If you think they have another gear to go into just in case United have won the European Cup the season previously....

Seriously, that's the worst point raised on here all weekend, utter nonsense. If you genuinely believe it, you'll be in a minority of one, I'm sure.
whatever

i'd rather be in a minority of one who's right than in your £#%&!ing gang any day

perhaps you'd like to share with the forum the number of times in english football history a team has won 3-in-a-row?

as for your point about the Champions of Europe not being a major scalp, obviously you're not serious. you £#%&!ing can't be.

Unread 14-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
whatever

i'd rather be in a minority of one who's right than in your £#%&!ing gang any day

perhaps you'd like to share with the forum the number of times in english football history a team has won 3-in-a-row?

as for your point about the Champions of Europe not being a major scalp, obviously you're not serious. you £#%&!ing can't be.
I would have preferred not to descend to insult, however as you have insulted me by not bothering to read what i have posted...

It is quite a leap to read (or would be if you'd actually bothered to do it) "They are still playing against Manchester United, which has been enough for most teams to raise their game for the last 15 years or more. If you think they have another gear to go into just in case United have won the European Cup the season previously...." as "the Champions of Europe not being a major scalp"...

Obviously, however, it's a necessary one if you are trying to convince onlookers that your wholly invalid point is actually correct. And who knows; maybe there are some reading here who will be swayed by your non-sequitur?

And as for "i'd rather be in a minority of one who's right than in your £#%&!ing gang any day"...you appear to have put "right" where anyone else would have used the word "delusional".

Cheers.
Closed Thread