United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-06-2019, 01:36 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Oh they did......big time.

And he keeps on scoring... absolute legend.
as soon as I seen this yesterday I thought of you ..........

Unread 27-06-2019, 01:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
as soon as I seen this yesterday I thought of you ..........
Woke to it on WhatsApp mate......

Rolled over and smiled.

My guy

Unread 27-06-2019, 01:56 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:

Rolled over and smiled.

My guy

Unread 27-06-2019, 01:59 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
2007/08 was his last great season.
Nonsense. 10/11

Unread 27-06-2019, 02:14 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
He only did it because he doesn't have the legs to run down the pitch.

Unread 27-06-2019, 02:50 PM
shenwen

Quote:

Rolled over and smiled.

My guy

You deserve it. Imagining MJ doing the same.

Unread 27-06-2019, 06:20 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Waztastic

Unread 27-06-2019, 11:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Was Ronaldo as naturally talented as Rooney??

Of course he is/was ffs. Even more so.
Rooney was a far better player than Ronaldo when they were 19/20. Rooney's natural talent was frightening.

Always feels nuts to say Ronaldo's natural talent is 9/10 and he made up the other point with his insane drive, but it's true.

Unread 27-06-2019, 11:10 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Rooney was a far better player than Ronaldo when they were 19/20. Rooney's natural talent was frightening.

Always feels nuts to say Ronaldo's natural talent is 9/10 and he made up the other point with his insane drive, but it's true.

Unread 27-06-2019, 11:14 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
A common fallacy repeated often . Amazing how Ronaldo suddenly had one of the best individual seasons ever in the premier League after one summer of "hard work" (06/07)

Unread 27-06-2019, 11:44 PM
jem

Quote:

rooney was always going to peak early and get fatter and slower. ronaldo will be in better shape at 60 than rooney is now. rooney will be dead before 60. maybe.

Unread 28-06-2019, 12:10 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

I love you siders but this is %@#$&!s.

Ronaldo > Rooney natural talent

Unread 28-06-2019, 01:18 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Would love to see how fit you are in comparison.

Unread 28-06-2019, 03:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
A common fallacy repeated often . Amazing how Ronaldo suddenly had one of the best individual seasons ever in the premier League after one summer of "hard work" (06/07)
Short memories imo.

Ronaldo was given time to adapt and settle across a few years as you would expect with any young talent. Rooney arrived at 18 and was instantly pretty much our best player. He was insanely good for us at a young age when we were fairly shite.

He scored a hat-trick on his debut in the Champions League at 18 having not played for months ffs

Unread 28-06-2019, 03:46 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Short memories imo.

Ronaldo was given time to adapt and settle across a few years as you would expect with any young talent. Rooney arrived at 18 and was instantly pretty much our best player. He was insanely good for us at a young age when we were fairly shite.

He scored a hat-trick on his debut in the Champions League at 18 having not played for months ffs
Yep. It’s not even a debate ffs.

Unread 28-06-2019, 03:50 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Short memories imo.

That was ridiculous. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. He was then a bit shite for a few months after. But generally i agree. Better contributor than Ronnie until 06/07

Unread 28-06-2019, 04:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yep. It’s not even a debate ffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
That was ridiculous. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. He was then a bit shite for a few months after. But generally i agree. Better contributor than Ronnie until 06/07
I think if you asked United fans around 2005/06 season, when Rooney was in his second year and Ronaldo his third, to chose between them, the vast majority would have picked Rooney. And not just because of him being more likely to be a long-termer.

The fact Ronaldo has gone on to become a better player shouldn’t cloud the issue.

Unread 30-06-2019, 03:25 AM
Cream

One for Siders....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...o=taboola_feed

Quote:
'He is by far the best I have worked with - one hundred per cent': Wayne Rooney names Louis van Gaal as the greatest coach of his career, despite playing under Sir Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho and Fabio Capello

Unread 30-06-2019, 09:55 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Interesting.

In as much as anything Rooney says is interesting.

Unread 30-06-2019, 11:02 AM
Coracao

Rooney had more consistency than Ronalds for the first couple of years. But those years were arguably when Rooney was at his best as a footballer.
Closed Thread