United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-11-2009, 10:28 PM
marlo

Default Re: benitez trying to convince the liverpool board to sell torres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
so a thread about Benitez and Torres and the vermin en masse becomes a thread about how shit Berbatov is what a load of shite

if you think Torres is better player than Berbatov you are a £#%&!wit
I've honestly heard it all now.

torres or berbatov.

lolz!!!

unbelievable.

and then kevin says 'look how many games berbatov has won for us' as if to say torres didnt show us first hand how big strikers decide games a few weeks ago

Unread 17-11-2009, 11:13 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
perfect summation

thankfully we're not all called Keith around here
Just me? Look back through the thread.

A perfect summation of what exactly? An overly emotive and badly constructed opinion?

Fair enough.

Taff's main point is that he is 'preening' and also he doesn't like the idea of buying anyone from Liverpool.

It's all emotive supporter stuff which ignores the basic fact that Torres is the best striker in the world.

Unread 17-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Zorg

Torres is a @#%&! who trips over his own shinpads with a facial expression that suggests he's being dissolved in acid.

That said, he's a really fantastic footballer.

Unread 18-11-2009, 12:06 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

A perfect summation of what exactly? An overly emotive and badly constructed opinion?

Fair enough.

Taff's main point is that he is 'preening' and also he doesn't like the idea of buying anyone from Liverpool.

It's all emotive supporter stuff which ignores the basic fact that Torres is the best striker in the world.
fair enough, i can do away with 'preening'. after all, ronaldo was preening, and none of us minded him too much. nor am i ignoring the fact that torres could indeed be considered the best striker in the world, as you've said. i said first of all that his quality is not in doubt, and i respect that.

my point about not wanting to buy from liverpool comes about because of the nature of the relationship between us - i just can't reconcile the idea of improving our team by signing a ready-made solution from our closest rivals. it's admitting that they have something we lack. and maybe they do, but to state it on that scale would only serve to undermine us, i think. i'd rather we made our own solutions. sure, it's heart-over-head stuff, but the attitude is as much a basic fact of football as the prowess of a player like torres. it's not all rational decisions.

Unread 18-11-2009, 12:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
my point about not wanting to buy from liverpool comes about because of the nature of the relationship between us - i just can't reconcile the idea of improving our team by signing a ready-made solution from our closest rivals. it's admitting that they have something we lack. and maybe they do, but to state it on that scale would only serve to undermine us, i think. i'd rather we made our own solutions. sure, it's heart-over-head stuff, but the attitude is as much a basic fact of football as the prowess of a player like torres. it's not all rational decisions.
Agree with that. I've never wanted us to buy our immediate rivals best players. Just seems like a cop out way of doing things. Their star players are theirs, ther heroes are theirs, we find and create our own, it's how it should be.

I think Drogba is a better and more dangerous striker than Torres anyway.

Unread 18-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Spiffy

Worked well when we bought Cantona.

Unread 18-11-2009, 12:55 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Fair enough.

he's not even the best striker in the Premiership

you'll be saying he's better than Rooney next

Unread 18-11-2009, 12:59 AM
wonky no

we wanted torres before the they thieved him. the sad thing is we wouldn't want him now because he's there yet we have that kop loving @#%&! wearing the number 7 shirt.

its not easy being shallow these days

Unread 18-11-2009, 01:00 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I think Drogba is a better and more dangerous striker than Torres anyway.
Drogba is a fanny but he's a better player than Torres

Unread 18-11-2009, 01:02 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
we wanted torres before the they thieved him. the sad thing is we wouldn't want him now because he's there yet we have that kop loving @#%&! wearing the number 7 shirt.

its not easy being shallow these days
if we really wanted him we would have signed him but we didn't and the fact he used to have YNWA on his captains armband at Atletico means it's for the best

Unread 18-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
if we really wanted him we would have signed him but we didn't and the fact he used to have YNWA on his captains armband at Atletico means it's for the best
Did he not turn us down? I thought we'd bid but he said no.

Unread 18-11-2009, 01:06 AM
wonky no

Quote:
i can live with that. i dont really give a shit about him, he's playing for that useless set of @#%&!s and as far as i'm concerned he's at the best 'top 4 club' as far as we're concerned because if he was at arse or chelsea we might have to worry about the league.

£#%&! him and his rancid allegiance

we have the stretford scouser

Unread 18-11-2009, 01:08 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i can live with that. i dont really give a shit about him, he's playing for that useless set of @#%&!s and as far as i'm concerned he's at the best 'top 4 club' as far as we're concerned because if he was at arse or chelsea we might have to worry about the league.

£#%&! him and his rancid allegiance

we have the stretford scouser

wordingtons

Unread 18-11-2009, 01:09 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Did he not turn us down? I thought we'd bid but he said no.
no we turned him down.....
Closed Thread