United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-09-2017, 01:48 PM
utd99

Default Lindelof

So, have we written him off already?. There seems to be a growing consensus that he's Jose's first 'dud'. He got four pre season games and a caraboo cup outing though; in Fred time that's like ten years.

In fairness he does look very flimsy, especially on set pieces, and I'm not quite sure how adjusting to the tempo of the Premier League is going to change that. So as things stand he's probably still behind Smalling in the CB rotation and will probably be fifth of five when Rojo comes back.

His bird is the gobby instagram type too; wait until he doesn't play a meaningful game all year.

Unread 21-09-2017, 01:51 PM
believe

Lindel-off

Unread 21-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So, have we written him off already?. There seems to be a growing consensus that he's Jose's first 'dud'. He got four pre season games and a caraboo cup outing though; in Fred time that's like ten years.

In fairness he does look very flimsy, especially on set pieces, and I'm not quite sure how adjusting to the tempo of the Premier League is going to change that. So as things stand he's probably still behind Smalling in the CB rotation and will probably be fifth of five when Rojo comes back.

His bird is the gobby instagram type too; wait until he doesn't play a meaningful game all year.
If there is any league in the world that Jose knows its the Portuguese (by his own admission) So I doubt he's messed up with this one. We have to trust the manager.

Gary Rowett said last night Birmingham were offered him but they thought he was too soft That can be improved with time

Unread 21-09-2017, 02:08 PM
AK14

Can see him being used as a right back quite a bit tbh.

Unread 21-09-2017, 02:09 PM
taff

i think we can safely say that by next christmas he'll be on loan at wigan and giving interviews to the effect that 'joining manchester united was my dream, but it very quickly turned into a nightmare'.

despise him.

Unread 21-09-2017, 02:23 PM
suedeshoes

Lindmehlof

Unread 21-09-2017, 03:17 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Can see him being used as a right back quite a bit tbh.
Yep , looks like he's a bit soft and we have mike already

Unread 21-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Pop

His missus is in the papers today fuming over the price of boxes at OT. She's disgusted that she feels pressurized to spend £80k of her husbands money on one else she'll feel like a "loser".

Gary or whatever his name is, he needs to put a muzzle on her.

Unread 21-09-2017, 03:37 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

He does post on here tbf, so we can expect their own take on things soon.

Unread 21-09-2017, 03:39 PM
dunk

Looks alright to me, decent on the ball. Positioning is a bit off, doesn’t like it in a 3 and could do with being a bit stronger, but will be good in time.

The problem is that when he was first linked the pics had him with a skinhead, so the assumption was we were getting a Vidic and that all our CB’s are toss and he’d walk into the team, the fact he hasn’t = he must be shit too..

Unread 21-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Harri Jaffa

Should probably get the clippers out then...

Unread 21-09-2017, 04:01 PM
otbarney

I think he's a world beater, what position does he play?

Unread 21-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Clarkie

I've no problems with him.
He's not the finished article and he's not ready for the Premier league but, he'll be fine.

Mourinho was hinting at using him in front of the back 4 recently enough so, who knows. He's certainly a very good passer of the ball

Unread 21-09-2017, 04:05 PM
Vetch

Thumbs down

Give the lad a £#%&!in chance, ffs!

Unread 21-09-2017, 04:09 PM
S/Side.Red

He's not a right-back. Given he needs games to get used to the league and we are hopefully going to be in a title challenge, it might not be the worst thing for him to go on loan in the PL in January.

Unread 21-09-2017, 04:32 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
She can say anything she wants imo

Unread 21-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Tiberian

He does look soft. Small sample size but based on what we have seen through pre-season and his limited competitive games I am not even sure I would have him ahead of Blind at CB. Tunazebe has impressed more in his few appearances.

Has to be better than what he has shown so far, but not good in the air, not particularly quick and far too passive for my liking.

Unread 21-09-2017, 06:02 PM
tatty

If his only problems are being short of a stone of lean muscle and a bit of toughening up being required then that can be sorted by xmas.

Unread 21-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
If his only problems are being short of a stone of lean muscle and a bit of toughening up being required then that can be sorted by xmas.
A big part of it could be mental, just not adjusted to the stage so far, playing within himself.

I thought that the depth of our options would allow him to bed in slowly, but the other side of that is that only playing once a month will not allow a rhythm to build.

Unread 21-09-2017, 06:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetch
Give the lad a £#%&!in chance, ffs!
He had a chance last night, didn't exactly over impress. I'm not going to write him off now - far from it - but he has work to do.
Closed Thread