United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2017, 09:04 AM
magic_cantona

Default Lindelof

Getting loads of stick on Twitter from reds. Some slating his every game for us. One verified Pro-United journo said he was awful last night. Am I missing something? He's 22 and just walked into the team pre season. He's not been that 'bad' at all imo.

Even £#%&!ing Pardew/Sky are at it.

Unread 09-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Switching Off

Twitter

I'll judge him after 20 games.

Unread 09-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Getting loads of stick on Twitter from reds. Some slating his every game for us. One verified Pro-United journo said he was awful last night. Am I missing something? He's 22 and just walked into the team pre season. He's not been that 'bad' at all imo.

Even £#%&!ing Pardew/Sky are at it.
I haven't been impressed if i'm honest but then we'll see how he goes throughout the season. It's a bit hard when we're playing with a different back 4 every game.

Unread 09-08-2017, 09:09 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I haven't been impressed if i'm honest but then we'll see how he goes throughout the season. It's a bit hard when we're playing with a different back 4 every game.
Agreed, but the way some are talking, its as if the lad is looking like a pub player ffs. A couple of preseason games and he's '£#%&!ing shit'. Embarrassing some of our fans.

3 words: Vidic and Evra.

Unread 09-08-2017, 09:10 AM
rockored2

Lets see how is with Bailly before making a conclusion

Unread 09-08-2017, 09:11 AM
saffers

State of twitter reds, clueless gimps

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I haven't been impressed if i'm honest but then we'll see how he goes throughout the season. It's a bit hard when we're playing with a different back 7 every game.
more like

Could be fine, it's very early days. My impression in Dublin was that Smalling leading the defensive line isn't doing any of them many favours... Leadership is our problem, everyone's just playing their own game. All over the park, not just at the back.

lindelof

They can all GTF.

Unread 09-08-2017, 09:16 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof
They can all GTF.
Twitter reds, or our back line?

Unread 09-08-2017, 09:25 AM
Curtis

Center back takes longer to settle in to than any other position. Its more reliant on communication and coordinated movement than any other position on the pitch. It takes world class players time to settle into that role. I'll always remember my mate's dad calling Pallister 'Gary Disaster' when he had trouble settling. Even watching Jaap in his first month or so, made a lot of mistakes that were down to the back four not picking up the right man, miss-communication etc. Vidic too.

Lindelof has been played in a back 3 and 4 and paired with several different center backs. If I was him I'd be crying out for some consistency so I could find my feet and get an a rhythm. And lets face it, pairing him with Smalling is just cruel. It doesn't take much observation to see Lindelof is a quality player, sure he needs to improve in places but as has been said, he's only twenty two. He'll look a lot better when he's settled. Not everyone can show up and do an Eric Bailly.

Unread 09-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Cream

Looked better last night, from the bits I noticed.

It's unfair to sign a young fella at CB and expect him to immediately blossom. Worked with Bailly mind you...

Unread 09-08-2017, 09:32 AM
armchair

Best game so far.

Unread 09-08-2017, 09:35 AM
ZiggyStardust

That's Utd
You get judged every game you play right from the off including pre-season games

He's not looked good so far but he does look extremely nervous so give it a few months

Clearly Bailly and Jones start at the weekend
Easily the best two CBs so far this pre-season (aside from Axel obviously )

Unread 09-08-2017, 09:37 AM
Mr_Ed

That's the modern game for you. What the £#%&! does Alan Pardew know? It's just noise.

Unread 09-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Tumescent Throb

looks an emerging star to me. very classy centre back already. he's gonna get a few wake-up calls in the PL nqat, so we'll have to see how quickly he gets used to it. it's not gonna be for a lack of talent though ...

Unread 09-08-2017, 10:15 AM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
That's the modern game for you. What the £#%&! does Alan Pardew know? It's just noise.
How to dance.

Unread 09-08-2017, 10:43 AM
magic_cantona

Not sure who he writes for tbh.

Unread 09-08-2017, 10:50 AM
utd99

He was poor for their opener, even though it was offside, and is unconvincing at set pieces; doesn't mean he always will be though. As things stand, if all of our defenders were fit the CB pairing (assuming a back four) would be Bailly and Rojo.

Unread 09-08-2017, 12:16 PM
sa7

We've had better players than him look worse in their early days.

Judgement withheld

Unread 09-08-2017, 12:39 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Lindelof looks ropey, hopefully it's just bedding in, but there's no getting away from the fact he looks ropey right now, that said he isn't going to face the calibre of Madrid in our league.

People in this thread blaming Smalling for it is bizarre.
Closed Thread