United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Hope Schweini never plays for the club again, the 200kp/w retirement tour @#%&!.

Loving the movement in this line up, Martial much more active, Rashford has been excellent in everything bar his finishing and Rooney has quietly been coming into decent form over the last 2 months. Look well set for attacking options.
Know what you mean, but if he's here, we're paying him, he's not leaving and his attitude is right, you have to utilise him, surely?

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:27 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Missing loads of chances is really great for confidence.
Would be more worrying if he wasn't getting into the areas to have those chances tbf

Other than his finishing he's looked very good.

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:30 PM
saffers

Big Schweini to come on and score yhihf

Scholesy agreeing with us that its united of old, everytime we go forward you think we might score. Just a continuation of our form at home since October...

Hopefully we do get those 4 or 5 goals this time to put down a marker though.

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:30 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Would be more worrying if he wasn't getting into the areas to have those chances tbf

Other than his finishing he's looked very good.
it happens to all forwards. Hit a dry patch nothing seems the go in and the goal seems smaller and you second guess everything.

One goes in and its back at it, from my experience anyway

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Know what you mean, but if he's here, we're paying him, he's not leaving and his attitude is right, you have to utilise him, surely?
His presence irks me. I have been very critical of LVG for his transfers, on this I will give him half a pass, brought to bring some leadership and authority to the group but contributed nothing. If we make a signing this window it should be a midfielder, if not try Blind in midfield.

Would rather a youngster got a chance today, last resort use for me.

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:33 PM
LFOD

stam is still is a scary @#%&!.

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
His presence irks me. I have been very critical of LVG for his transfers, on this I will give him half a pass, brought to bring some leadership and authority to the group but contributed nothing. If we make a signing this window it should be a midfielder, if not try Blind in midfield.

Don't think we've got any young midfielders on the cusp currently, TFM maybe. Agreed that we need a CM or 2.

Clearly doesn't fancy Blind anywhere but LB (reserve).

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Cream

Gascoignesque from Rooney there.

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:35 PM
saffers

Quote:

With rojos injury, blind is back to being a cb/cover for luke sheezeh

We arent that deep in midfield once schneiderlins move is rubber stamped

Carrick, Pogba, Herrera, Fellaini(ffs), Schweini

I still think Schweini fully match fit is much better for us than Fellaini. We barely lost a game when Schweini played last season. Sure he misread the mood of the club by swanning off to Germany when he got injured but he's clearly done something to win over the players who used to doubt him some months ago and Mourinho who wanted him out.

We should use him more, hope we dont wait till one of Carrick/Herrera inevitably break down.

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:36 PM
jem

Quote:
if not try Blind in midfield.

Quote:
Don't think we've got any young midfielders on the cusp currently, TFM maybe.
maybe..... maybe?

Billy Redface

Pogba is a happy soul isn't he..

Sparky***

Ouch

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

maybe..... maybe?
He's a defender first and foremost.

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:37 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I still think Schweini fully match fit is much better for us than Fellaini. We barely lost a game when Schweini played last season. Sure he misread the mood of the club by swanning off to Germany when he got injured but he's clearly done something to win over the players who used to doubt him some months ago and Mourinho who wanted him out.

We should use him more, hope we dont wait till one of Carrick/Herrera inevitably break down.
agree. and not just because playing smalling in midfield would be better than fellaini.

Quote:
He's a defender first and foremost.
he really isn't.

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:37 PM
Denis Irwell

Rooney effort reminiscent of how I imagine pure in his schooldays

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:38 PM
saffers

Actually would have preferred carrick to play vs hull but im guessing mou wants a full weeks rest for him ahead of pool

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
agree. and not just because playing smalling in midfield would be better than fellaini.

he really isn't.
Just like the da Silva's and Valencia are centre midfielders, yeah yeah

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:40 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Actually would have preferred carrick to play vs hull but im guessing mou wants a full weeks rest for him ahead of pool

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:40 PM
saffers

Quote:
Just like the da Silva's and Valencia are centre midfielders, yeah yeah
Thought fabio excelled the couple of times ferie stuck him there tbf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Pool?

Unread 07-01-2017, 02:42 PM
Cream

Quote: