United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-11-2017, 11:09 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
City and PSG are the best two teams in Europe right now, and I'd argue City are slightly ahead of PSG. It's horrible to say it, but this City side is looking unstoppable.

Wait untill UEFAs darlings barca and Madrid start bitching about the oil clubs then FFP will altered to clip the wings of these 2 clubs.

Unread 01-11-2017, 11:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
PSG are better i'd say - simply because they don't concede 2 goals every single game.
Yeah, PSG seem to have found that blend between an ostensibly pragmatic manager who makes them solid, and the ridiculous firepower. Bit like Monaco last season.

They've got a good thing there. Neymar's ego will hopefully destroy it all.

Unread 01-11-2017, 11:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Wait untill UEFAs darlings barca and Madrid start bitching about the oil clubs then FFP will altered to clip the wings of these 2 clubs.
Do you think UEFA love madrid and Barca more than qatari oil money?

Unread 01-11-2017, 11:17 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
City and PSG are the best two teams in Europe right now, and I'd argue City are slightly ahead of PSG. It's horrible to say it, but this City side is looking unstoppable.
you said the same last year and they ended up being very stoppable hth

Unread 01-11-2017, 11:20 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Napoli's left back done his cruciate. Shame, he could've been the one.
That is a shame, like you said he'd have been ideal for us. Very, very good player.

Unread 01-11-2017, 11:21 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Early days. They’re the best side in Europe atm imo but surely they can’t keep this up? They’ve peaked to early
Under Fergie we used to get 10 points in these groups, occasionally playing great but often dire games. September, October, November were always just a means to an end.

Seems the media think if you're not creating a million chances a game at this time of year you're shit.

We got £#%&! all credit for beating Spurs but I think if City have a bad spell and we're there to take advantage, it would be the sweetest title in a long long time.

Unread 01-11-2017, 11:21 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Do you think UEFA love madrid and Barca more than qatari oil money?
Possible but as you point states money talks

Unread 01-11-2017, 11:22 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by f*** KFC
Yeah that's true, but you'd have to surely agree that this is looking pretty ominous?
It could happen again and they fall apart, but it looks a lot less likely imo.

I wouldn't be surprised if Utd completely neutralise them though when we play.

Unread 01-11-2017, 11:23 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yeah that's true, but you'd have to surely agree that this is looking pretty ominous?
It could happen again and they fall apart, but it looks a lot less likely imo.

I wouldn't be surprised if Utd completely neutralise them though when we play.
that's more like it

loves a good neutralise does Jose

Unread 01-11-2017, 11:56 PM
armchair

said in another thread i don't want to be drawn v another english side but i'd kind of love getting city and just negating them then scoring the only goal of the two ties 89 minutes into the second leg.

Unread 02-11-2017, 12:21 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Gone for Madrid and Napoli wins.

Think Spurs could be humiliated.

Wijnaldum off injured
Are you the "Tory insider" who predicted over 400 seats just minutes before this year's GE exit poll was released?

Unread 02-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Starting with Kane, Alli and Erikson.
Real have historically been able to land their targets by being @#%&!s but also paying world record fees. They're not able to do that nowadays, & according to this article failed to land the two top targets they wanted in the summer as well as not even asking about how much Kane would cost because they know it's at least €250m.

Quote:
Perez : "I didn’t ask Tottenham’s president for the price because he would have told me that he is worth €250m."

That Perez noted Kane's age is significant as the Madrid president has made a notable shift to signing younger players in recent years, and had made Kylian Mbappé and Gianluigi Donnarumma his top targets last summer.

Should Kane's rich vein of goalscoring continue for another 12 months then it is impossible to imagine that Madrid wouldn't rival some of the Premier League's elite for Kane's signature but, as Perez is seemingly already aware, that deal wouldn't come cheap.
The likes of PSG, City & Chelsea (all three were in for Neymar, who choose PSG based on project apparently) seems to render the historic big clubs having to work a bit harder to find players to land.

We also £#%&!ed them with the Pogba signing.

They're one bad decision from going full Moyes. Let's hope they do £#%&! it up, they have a couple of outstanding players that I'd take, Casimiro seems to get better every time I see him in their midfield, does a bit of everything & would be a massive upgrade on Herrera / Fellaini.

Unread 02-11-2017, 07:35 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by f*** KFC
Any team that has a good 5 or 6 games is now the best team in Europe, or the best team ever. The black and white world of hyperbole we live in.

Unread 02-11-2017, 08:24 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Any team that has a good 5 or 6 games is now the best team in Europe, or the best team ever..
apart from Manchester United obviously.....

Unread 02-11-2017, 09:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
apart from Manchester United obviously.....
We weren't "the best" even in 1999

Unread 03-11-2017, 12:58 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Early days. They’re the best side in Europe atm imo but surely they can’t keep this up? They’ve peaked to early
Was away to say that im clinging to that too but the more I think about it, the less I think its a stretch. This is an early peak.

Unread 03-11-2017, 03:34 AM
Denis Irwell

As long as it’s not a loooong early peak
Closed Thread