Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2017, 04:28 PM
wiganste

Unhappy Bradley Lowery - RIP

Poor little £#%&!er has died. Heartbreaking

Unread 07-07-2017, 04:30 PM
no fun

Shit

Was reading an article about Jermaine Defoe and his support for the family....very genuine, in regular contact

I'd back myself to be mentally tougher than most on here, but I couldn't cope with that

Unread 07-07-2017, 04:31 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Shit

Was reading an article about Jermaine Defoe and his support for the family....very genuine, in regular contact

I'd back myself to be mentally tougher than most on here, but I couldn't cope with that
Defoe has been £#%&!ing brilliant through it all. What a man

Unread 07-07-2017, 04:38 PM
Clarkie

Quite saddened by the news.

An inspirational, brave little man. Defoe deserves nothing but admiration and respect

Unread 07-07-2017, 04:39 PM
AK14

So sad, poor lad

Feel for his parents, can't even begin to imagine what they've been through and will continue to go through.

Unread 07-07-2017, 04:45 PM
goldfinger II

Footballers probably don't get enough credit for the time they give to sick children. Honestly don't think I could do it myself. What could you say to a dying a child?

Unread 07-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Bobda

6 years old, almost half his life has been fighting this @#%&! of a disease. Poor sod, sickening to the stomach.

Unread 07-07-2017, 04:50 PM
suedeshoes

Extremely sad when a child dies. Defoe has been an absolute credit to himself.

I read a tweet the other day where someone suggested naming a stand after the kid. Bad idea but some of the replies were vile. Hope this thread is kept 'cynicism-free'.

Unread 07-07-2017, 04:53 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs up

Always hated Defoe before this, but he deserves nothing but praise for the way he's helped the family and made Bradley's last few months so special for him. Fair play.

Unread 07-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Always hated Defoe.

Such sad news.....absolutely class from everybody involved this past year though not just Defoe, but to be honest JJ has truly made the last year or so of the lads life a better world.
A genuine guy who would drive down after games just to spend time with him....
Rest easy little man.

Unread 07-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Rorschach

Sad news. Brave, brave little lad.

There's a kid just a bit younger than Bradley lives near us & there was a huge effort to raise the money needed to send him to the US for proton beam therapy. He's made a great recovery so far but nobody knows how long the poor kid's got - longer than he would if he'd not got the treatment, that's for sure. Heartbreaking stuff.

Unread 07-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
Sad news. Brave, brave little lad.

There's a kid just a bit younger than Bradley lives near us & there was a huge effort to raise the money needed to send him to the US for proton beam therapy. He's made a great recovery so far but nobody knows how long the poor kid's got - longer than he would if he'd not got the treatment, that's for sure. Heartbreaking stuff.
Why the £#%&! do we - the greatest nation on earth, let's have it right - not have this Star Trek level shit available on the NHS?

Sick of hearing 'send him to the US'.

Was Bradley a Sunderland mascot? Defoe seems a decent sort if he's been going out of his way to support the lad. That's one tough gig, not something I'd like to be around if I could help it. Children's hospital staff are the bravest of the brave.

Unread 07-07-2017, 05:24 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes

I read a tweet the other day where someone suggested naming a stand after the kid. Bad idea but some of the replies were vile. Hope this thread is kept 'cynicism-free'.
Yep, there's no need to be a @#%&! about stuff like this. It doesn't make you "edgy" just a try hard @#%&!

Unread 07-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Yep, there's no need to be a @#%&! about stuff like this. It doesn't make you "edgy" just a try hard @#%&!
indeed.

what a brave little lad. poor thing

Unread 07-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Sparky***

Go outside and enjoy the sunshine and be grateful for what you have.

Life is a tragically fragile thing.

Unread 07-07-2017, 05:36 PM
zanzare

RIP Bradley.

Respect for Jermaine Defoe. Top bloke.

Unread 07-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Billy Redface

Sad news, but what an inspiring little fella he was. Brought out the good in the game and I hope his family is well looked after.

Unread 07-07-2017, 06:20 PM
sa7

Poor little dude

While it's no doubt incredibly raw right now, I hope it's of some consolation to his family in the dark times ahead that he managed to pack so much into his short life.

Unread 07-07-2017, 07:07 PM
utd99

Most tragic thing imaginable. Six years old.

Unread 07-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Poor little dude

While it's no doubt incredibly raw right now, I hope it's of some consolation to his family in the dark times ahead that he managed to pack so much into his short life.
Parents have done a marvellous job in that regard.
Closed Thread