United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2018, 10:39 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
On Madrid's shopping list by the sounds of it, staring down the barrel of doing a Milan, United, Barca etc. and the team all aging together and slowing down.. Looking at Kane, Timo Werner and a few others I read..
Doesn't strike me as a Bale type who would court the attention there if I'm honest... If we offered Lukaku in part exchange & £50m say it would be ON imo.

Unread 30-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Made for united

Enjoy Madrid
Not made for Madrid though imo. Needs to be the focal point to get the best out of him, doing the Benzema workhorse role would be a waste of him.

He should only think about going to Madrid if Ronaldo is gone.

Unread 30-04-2018, 10:41 AM
RemisMoses

Surely the only way Spurs will appease the fans is some kind of swap deal including Bale.

Unread 30-04-2018, 10:45 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
Surely the only way Spurs will appease the fans is some kind of swap deal including Bale.
Their wage ceiling (stated in the article) is £100k p/w + bonuses (unless you're Levy who is on £115k a week the cheeky @#%&! )

Bale is on about £500k p/w at Real

Only City, United, PSG & possibly Chelsea could even afford Bale.

Unread 30-04-2018, 10:47 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Their wage ceiling (stated in the article) is £100k p/w + bonuses (unless you're Levy who is on £115k a week the cheeky @#%&! )

Bale is on about £500k p/w at Real

Only City, United, PSG & possibly Chelsea could even afford Bale.
And only United would be dumb enough to pay it for a player so obviously in decline.

Unread 30-04-2018, 10:56 AM
dunk

Quote:
Doesn't strike me as a Bale type who would court the attention there if I'm honest... If we offered Lukaku in part exchange & £50m say it would be ON imo.
No, but can't see Spurs selling to another PL club if they can help it and if Madrid do want him..

Unread 30-04-2018, 10:58 AM
Seamus

Bale will stay at Madrid next season

Unread 30-04-2018, 11:08 AM
saffers

Quote:
Of course it would be on if thats the deal

Lukaku>Kane imo

Unread 30-04-2018, 11:08 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Bale will stay at Madrid next season
Be mad not to.

If you're gonna be sat behind some £#%&!er's bench recuperating half the season, may as well be somewhere sunny, on half a million a week.

Not that arsed about Kane. Missing out on Shearer didn't ruin us.

Unread 30-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Lukaku>Kane imo
Incorrect & it's not even close.

Unread 30-04-2018, 11:52 AM
redhegemony

maybe we could reconvert Bale to LB...

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:10 PM
Stickman

Quote:

Lukaku>Kane imo
Give me one facet of Lukaku’s game that’s better?

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:18 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Give me one facet of Lukaku’s game that’s better?
Second touch tackling

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:20 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Second touch tackling

He’s better at celebrating team-mates goals too imo

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:36 PM
Buck

He wants to beat shearer's record. Couple of years at Madrid before he's pushed out by the new shiny toy would wreck his chances.

Unread 30-04-2018, 01:46 PM
utd99

Quote:

Lukaku>Kane imo
This might be the moment where you overreached the wum mate.*

* Though in fairness I’m not on much these days so you probably did that ages ago.

Quote:
You’d have to be sure it’d get done to offer that deal though (I’d do that every day of the week tbf) because if you get left with a maligned Lukaku you’re £#%&!ed. He doesn’t appear to have much mental fortitude.

Unread 30-04-2018, 02:01 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Hope he takes martial aside to show him the ropes re celebrating team mates goals. Big Tony M currently couldn’t be more pissed off/cba when we score if he tried. His face screams ‘£#%&! me, do I have to?’ Can see that he’s unashamedly relieved when’s he too far away to legitimately go over and join in with the group reach rounds.

Unread 30-04-2018, 02:07 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Hope he takes martial aside to show him the ropes re celebrating team mates goals. Big Tony M currently couldn’t be more pissed off/cba when we score if he tried. His face screams ‘£#%&! me, do I have to?’ Can see that he’s unashamedly relieved when’s he too far away to legitimately go over and join in with the group reach rounds.
Smacked arse.

Unread 30-04-2018, 02:09 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Thought he did alright when he came on aswell, one of the only bastards who tries to beat a man and drive at the defenders.
Closed Thread