United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Because, ultimately, the teams that are remembered are the ones that win stuff. It really is that simple.

Nobody denies that Poch has done a good job there. If they are that great, though, they surely have to win *something* before too long. That isn't an unreasonable position IMO.
Is this Mourinho team going to be remembered if all it wins is the Europa League and Carling Cup??

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Is this Mourinho team going to be remembered if all it wins is the Europa League and Carling Cup??
Not that well (in either sense) no. But at the risk of repeating myself, that's two more trophies than the current "brilliant" Spurs team have.

I'm pretty sure that is something Pochettino wants to remedy ASAP, even if some on here don't seem that arsed.

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:33 PM
Sparky***

Kane is a brilliant player no doubt, but the way hoddle, Lineker and the bt panel are going on tonight you'd honestly think he was a prime Ronaldo (brazil)

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:43 PM
sa7

If he does leave Spurs you’d suggest that he wouldn’t go to another London club, so Chelsea are ruled out. The. You’d think there’s only us and City who could come up with the cash.

IMO he’s ideal for Madrid as he’s a clear upgrade on Benzema but I’d wonder if he had the glamour that those bells crave so much. Don’t think he’d suit Barcelona unless they were to change their style to suit him which seems unlikely.

If I were Bayern Munich I’d definitely be looking at him as a long term replacement for Lewandowski.

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:45 PM
20 times

We’re not signing Kane ffs

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
If he does leave Spurs you’d suggest that he wouldn’t go to another London club, so Chelsea are ruled out. The. You’d think there’s only us and City who could come up with the cash.

IMO he’s ideal for Madrid as he’s a clear upgrade on Benzema but I’d wonder if he had the glamour that those bells crave so much. Don’t think he’d suit Barcelona unless they were to change their style to suit him which seems unlikely.

If I were Bayern Munich I’d definitely be looking at him as a long term replacement for Lewandowski.
If I were Kane i'd bugger off to germany or spain in a heartbeat. City are going to win everything in sight for the next 2-3 years so why bother wasting time here.

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:54 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If I were Kane i'd bugger off to germany or spain in a heartbeat. City are going to win everything in sight for the next 2-3 years so why bother wasting time here.
He’d be an idiot to turn down Real Madrid. Bigger club, better city, more likely to win stuff. He might never get the opportunity again.

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If we had to pay a premium on the best bid, so be it. I think he’s that good. I can think of at least 6 players we could con the likes of West Brom and Arsenal to take and make up at least two-thirds of the likely cost.

I just realised I stuck Arsenal in the same bracket as West Brom. Made me feel better about us tbh.

Unread 13-02-2018, 09:02 PM
20 times

We’re still not signing Kane

Unread 13-02-2018, 09:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
We’re still not signing Kane
Of course we're £#%&!ing not. We just spent 75m on that lump of belgian shite.

Unread 13-02-2018, 09:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Because, ultimately, the teams that are remembered are the ones that win stuff. It really is that simple.

Nobody denies that Poch has done a good job there. If they are that great, though, they surely have to win *something* before too long. That isn't an unreasonable position IMO.
Nobody remembers Brazil's 82 side with Socrates etc?

Spurs fans love this side. By far the best one most of them have seen in their lifetimes

Unread 13-02-2018, 09:19 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Spot on......
5th place. No trophies.

Currently getting battered in Turin.

Deluded pair of idiots.

Unread 13-02-2018, 09:21 PM
AK14

He'll end up at Madrid or City imo

Could honestly see City spending big on him in the summer 2019 tbh.

Unread 13-02-2018, 10:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
5th place. No trophies.

Deluded pair of idiots.

Unread 13-02-2018, 10:43 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
5th place. No trophies.

Deluded pair of idiots.

Mug.

Unread 13-02-2018, 11:15 PM
Buck

Quite strange how he has come on so much despite not being a known player at youth level. Every so-called wonderkid gets singled out so early by observers and Football Manager yet Kane was loitering around the lower leagues on loan by 20.

Remember James Wilson? Supposedly one of the best talents to come through the ranks at Utd scoring a bucket full of goals. Scored a brace on debut. Best standing spring you'll ever see according to Nicky Butt. And at the start of 2014/15 Kane had just one more PL goal than Wilson.

Since then Kane has scored 98 more goals in the league to Wilson's one.

Unread 13-02-2018, 11:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Quite strange how he has come on so much despite not being a known player at youth level. Every so-called wonderkid gets singled out so early by observers and Football Manager yet Kane was loitering around the lower leagues on loan by 20.

Remember James Wilson? Supposedly one of the best talents to come through the ranks at Utd scoring a bucket full of goals. Scored a brace on debut. Best standing spring you'll ever see according to Nicky Butt. And at the start of 2014/15 Kane had just one more PL goal than Wilson.

Wilson missed a year with an ACL and won’t ever fully recover.

Unread 13-02-2018, 11:21 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wilson missed a year with an ACL and won’t ever fully recover.
Factor in aswell that he isn't very good and it really doesn't look too great for the lad.

Unread 13-02-2018, 11:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Factor in aswell that he isn't very good and it really doesn't look too great for the lad.
He was pretty good tbf, had an iffy loan after not playing enough football 14-15 and did his knee. Doubt he’ll ever be as good as he could’ve been, could still have a decent career though.

Just goes to show how fine the lines are in football.

Unread 13-02-2018, 11:42 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

Kane’s record is even more impressive considering that he’s not playing for one of the top clubs.

He has to perform at the World Cup though. He was poor in the Euros.
Closed Thread