United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 02-12-2017, 12:54 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Jem, and indeed you, can think what you like, but it makes no difference, if Britain wants a stage 2 they have to satisfy the requirements of stage 1, end of, period, no discussion.
we agree. so, if the uk can't satisfy stage 1, there will be a hard border. which is precisely why, if you don't want a hard border, you will have to be flexible about the requirements for moving to stage 2.

unless you think the uk will abandon brexit. brexit is happening. stalemate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Leave May
that's the campaign group everyone wants to join, but can't.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:16 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

I'm not trying to persuade you. the vote was last year. and I wasn't trying to persuade anyone before it either.

anyone got anything to say about the irish border?

my pro-brexit opinion is irrelevant.
To be honest Jem, my opinion is that on this thread we've been having the debate that the country should have had before the referendum.

After much careful consideration, I've actually come to the conclusion that I could eat a tin of Alphabet Spaghetti and shit a better vision for the country than that which is being offered by the Brexiteers at the moment.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
To be honest Jem, my opinion is that on this thread we've been having the debate that the country should have had before the referendum.
to be honest, subbers, I have been saying that since the referendum.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:47 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
to be honest, subbers, I have been saying that since the referendum.

Yes you have, that is undeniable.

Just out of interest, we’ve only very briefly touched upon this business of Davis threatening to resign if any action is taken against his pal Green for having a p*rn stash on his computer.

Leaving aside the fact that If I was found with a load of p*rn on my work computer I would be sacked on the spot and the same goes for everyone I know, the cynic in me is wondering if this isn’t just a case of Davis looking for an excuse to jump ship and get out of the hot seat, as the implications of Brexit become more and more apparent.

‘If’ this were to be the case, it really would tell us just how badly Brexit is going. With regards to a possible replacement for Davis if he did resign, wouldn’t it be great if they gave it to Rees Mogg, so that he could do his press conferences in character, with a monocle, top hat and a walking stick.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:15 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

Just out of interest, we’ve only very briefly touched upon this business of Davis threatening to resign if any action is taken against his pal Green for having a p*rn stash on his computer.

Leaving aside the fact that If I was found with a load of p*rn on my work computer I would be sacked on the spot and the same goes for everyone I know, the cynic in me is wondering if this isn’t just a case of Davis looking for an excuse to jump ship and get out of the hot seat, as the implications of Brexit become more and more apparent.

‘If’ this were to be the case, it really would tell us just how badly Brexit is going. With regards to a possible replacement for Davis if he did resign, wouldn’t it be great if they gave it to Rees Mogg, so that he could do his press conferences in character, with a monocle, top hat and a walking stick.
The same Rees Mogg, that this very week went to see Steve Banon about how conservative movements can win in the US and UK ?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nnon-in-london

Old 02-12-2017, 03:17 PM
jem

Quote:

the idea that anyone would chuck the fate of the nation under the boris bus over the fate of some non-entity w****r....

Old 02-12-2017, 03:32 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
The same Rees Mogg, that this very week went to see Steve Banon about how conservative movements can win in the US and UK ?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nnon-in-london

Bloody hell, I wasn't aware of that

So let's take stock for a moment, we've now got weak and wobbly May as the PM. A Brexit negotiator in Davis offering to quit if his mate the alleged p*** viewer Damian Green is sacked. Boris Johnson appears to be hiding. John 'Investment Banker' Redwood is caught urging his clients to invest overseas......and now we have got arch-medievalist Rees-mogg plotting with US ultra-conservative Steve Bannion. Surely it can't get any worse for the Tory party?

Oh yes it can - Arlene and her DUP neanderthals could pul the plug.

This is getting deliciously entertaining from a remainer perspective...... But it's the will of the people, innit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the idea that anyone would chuck the fate of the nation under the boris bus over the fate of some non-entity w****r....

Not a fan of Ress Mogg then Jem?

Old 02-12-2017, 03:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

More like 40 imo. The EU was the handiest scapegoat for governments of both colours for years and years, with the tabloids only too happy to lead the jeering.
Labour indulged in it, but nowhere near as much as Cameron who was pathetically servile towards both the right wing press and his own headbangers throughout.

Old 02-12-2017, 04:16 PM
jem

Quote:

Not a fan of Ress Mogg then Jem?
not a fan of flouncing from an important job over nothing.

Old 02-12-2017, 04:32 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not a fan of flouncing from an important job over nothing.
Right, I’m with you now, you mean Davis using the Green p*** stash issue as an excuse to jump ship.

Maybe Davis has learnt the hard way, that dealing with 27 independent states united around a common set of principles, interests, and ambitions isn’t the piece of cake that he tried to let us believe it would be.

If that is the case, he’s been extremely naïve, why would anyone expect the EU to be reasonable beyond anything but the best interests of the EU? Britain is the flouncer here, looking to break every agreement they have made since 1975.