United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 07-12-2016, 02:30 PM
Jez Quigley ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that's one area that I expect to be subject to negotiation in everyone's best interests.
Desperately hope so but seeing as though nobody knows what the hell is happening.....

Old 07-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Albert Tatlock ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
All that will end up happening is the UK will pay for single market access. The Tory c***s will dress it up as something it isn't and the British people will go back to sleep.

So an expensive waste of time and resources, and all for a worse deal than we had in the first place.

That's what will happen and you can quote me on that any time you want.

PS flame on motherf***ers, doudou out
If they do pay for the single market, then they'll probably opt into a few other things as well. The UK does very well out of H2020 funding. Not only with the cooperative efforts, but also with the amount of funding they get out of the programme. Jem's lasses will get their Erasmus years and there will be cooperation on intelligence, defense and a whole host of other actions which will require a "membership fee"

I could actually see the UK agreeing to pay into the running costs of the European Commission as it's far more efficient that hiring 30,000 more UK civil servants... in fact we could even end up working on the Brexit / post Brexit negotiations, although i'd prefer to do that on a direct consultancy basis. A three year sabbatical from my job and a healthy 3.5 K per day consultancy fee*... Kushty !

* Apparently this is what the UK government is offering for brexit consultants. Of course, this is what the consultancy firm charges, the actual consultant gets about 2K per day, but I suppose that's not so bad when you consider that you don't have to do much more than send in your CV and then just cut and paste a load of old waffle into some reports and pass it off as pearls of wisdom...

Last edited by Albert Tatlock; 07-12-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:32 PM
jem ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
If you don't believe they will stick to their word, then why mention it? If you think it is just as likely that they will row back on workers rights then using the fact that the they have said they won't doesn't make any sense. It's almost as if you put the statement in there just so you can come back with that exact response when someone picks you up on it and ignore the real point, just like denis does.
I think they will not take a scythe to workers' rights. but I also do not look at things from the perspective of the rmt leadership. the point of my comment was that the tories have said they will keep the current level of rights - they may or may not adjust them and future governments may strengthen or weaken these rights - but throb immediately assumes it's all part of some dastardly plan to screw the working poor again. based on mrs thatcher's track record (a lady some hold in high esteem, incidentally). we're supposed to tell them what to do. at least we can.

Quote:
All that will end up happening is the UK will pay for single market access. The Tory c***s will dress it up as something it isn't and the British people will go back to sleep.

So an expensive waste of time and resources, and all for a worse deal than we had in the first place.

That's what will happen and you can quote me on that any time you want.

PS flame on motherf***ers, doudou out
I don't think we'll be in the single market. and I don't think it really matters how the tories dress it up. the eu will reject it. however, we can't be doing free trade agreements left, right and centre if we're in the single market.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:38 PM
TripDownMiseryLane ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
incidentally, regarding the racism of assuming indian emission standards are terrible and equivalent to burning poor children.... anyone know what their standards are actually like?
Well, we all know what Union Carbide's standards are, and that's sort of the point.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:46 PM
doudou ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Of course, this is what the consultancy firm charges, the actual consultant gets about 2K per day, but I suppose that's not so bad when you consider that you don't have to do much more than send in your CV and then just cut and paste a load of old waffle into some reports and pass it off as pearls of wisdom...
In the unlikely event that the UK Government approaches me I'll inform them that I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:50 PM
red red robbo ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think they will not take a scythe to workers' rights. but I also do not look at things from the perspective of the rmt leadership. the point of my comment was that the tories have said they will keep the current level of rights - they may or may not adjust them and future governments may strengthen or weaken these rights - but throb immediately assumes it's all part of some dastardly plan to screw the working poor again. based on mrs thatcher's track record (a lady some hold in high esteem, incidentally). we're supposed to tell them what to do. at least we can.
Whereas you think they won't because they have said they won't?

Old 07-12-2016, 02:50 PM
Tumescent Throb ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
even the tories' best intentions (to help workers prop up the social construct of power) would still benefit the drones vs the workers.

hope this helps.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:56 PM
TripDownMiseryLane ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Whereas you think they won't because they have said they won't?
He couldn't care less, in fact it's worse, he knows full well what the outcomes will be and hopes to see them. But he will be disappointed

Old 07-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Albert Tatlock ...

Quote:
In the unlikely event that the UK Government approaches me I'll inform them that I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
1.2 million for 3 years....?

Nah, you're right, i'd be losing money at those rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
He couldn't care less, in fact it's worse, he knows full well what the outcomes will be and hopes to see them. But he will be disappointed
by "he" you mean Lord Jemima Sir Graball D'Encloseland ?

Old 07-12-2016, 03:03 PM
forwardirektion ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Lord Jemima Sir Graball D'Encloseland ?
Will you please stop using that name