United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-12-2009, 03:28 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's doing well though, or should I say, he has done well against the mid table mediocre shite we have played in recent weeks. I've not see n the Villa game, so can't comment. Plenty of big games coming up next year, so we shall see.
It doesn't matter who it's against tbh. He will be judged on what he does over the full season, Ronaldo didn't use to have great games in big games until he had a few in his last couple of seasons.

Big games are always tight and it's tough for players to shine, I thought Valencia was good at Chelsea, he's gonna be tough for any player no matter how good they are to start ripping the other team apart in a big game, but he did his job well imo.

Unread 17-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
ignore the professionally awkward types, dunk, i get you.

we sold our best player and we bought someone from low down the league. this wasn't our plan to replace one with the other but that's the way it looks to others. if we were on the outside looking in we might draw the same conclusions as them and laugh at it.

perfect sense. just need to remember how we see it and how a rat-chomping granny-stabbing grief monkey sees it isn't the same thing.
yes but if vermin traded Torres for 80m and bought in Defoe or Rodallega I'd think they'd done a good deal certainly don't think it would take them backwards, anyway!

there were loads of United fans bitching about how we'd supposedly swapped Valencia for Ronaldo, and about how this was a sign of the times. loads of them. some of whom posted as much on here and still do. does dunk - do you dunk? -fall into that category? i seem to recall that he does, although apologies if not.

Unread 17-12-2009, 07:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yes but if vermin traded Torres for 80m and bought in Defoe or Rodallega I'd think they'd done a good deal certainly don't think it would take them backwards, anyway!

there were loads of United fans bitching about how we'd supposedly swapped Valencia for Ronaldo, and about how this was a sign of the times. loads of them. some of whom posted as much on here and still do. does dunk - do you dunk? -fall into that category? i seem to recall that he does, although apologies if not.
Nah, I was accused of such things though. I merely believed losing Ronaldo was shit for us as a club for various reasons and that the money was £#%&! all use because there was no-one out there worth buying.

I got a lot of shit for saying we wouldn't sign anyone of note, mainly due to our youth/squad size and the fact that the players those on here were craving or we were linked with really didn't seem to fancy playing in England.

I also said that I thought it clear for at least 2 seasons that the midfield needs a few new faces and we are crying out for a decent striker, but the players just aren't available, or maybe even aren't out there atm.

I have had no issue with the debt with regards to transfers, as far as I can see, the Glazers need to keep investing in the product on the pitch to make good their investment(sic) but, with the net transfer spend of a couple of million, or whatever it is, during their reign so far, I'm starting to have serious doubts on that score. I mean, in theory, we could go on a £100m-200m shopping spree, based on the money not spent/recouped since their arrival, something I really don't see happening, required or not.

As for Valencia, it was fairly obvious he was coming from February time, and for me it was always to replace Ronaldo to an extent, on the right, leaving Ronaldo free to play in other positions along the front line. I was happy and supportive of the Valencia signing, and still am, I'm just not judging him as a success or failure until the season is done.

It is clearly perceived from outside of OT that Valencia was always being brought in as a direct replacement for Ronaldo, which will always seem odd, as they are in no way comparable as players.

As for your assertion that Liverpool will be no worse off with Rodellega or Defoe instead of Torres, I can't agree. By saying that you are implying that there is no point in having truly special, great players, you may as well just have decent ones, the end result is the same. Unless you are assuming that in the hypothetical Liverpool case, the funds received would not just disappear
Closed Thread