United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Redordead

Default Lads, Why does the team just not feel right?

I cant put my finger on it??

Is it just Ronaldo leaving?

We seem so much weaker than last year...( think back to pre the final - we were considered the best team in Europe before the Barca bottler )

I only seem to enjoy united when we are a goal or 2 down and they go for it - last night was frankly awful to watch ( points etc i know ) is it just a phase or do we need a real shake up ?

It would be great if this could be a debate not a slanging match/player slate.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Lads, Why does the team just not feel right?

I don't like the way you started your title with "Lads", it's a bit weird. Like you're some middle class £#%&!er from the home counties trying to fit in and failing.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Sparky***

might be the injuries.

or the pod-people.

probably the pod-people.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:21 PM
dodger

more injuries than I've ever known may be a factor. That and the total lack of enterprise by Wolves last night.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:21 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I don't like the way you started your title with "Lads", it's a bit weird.
Sounds uber gay to me, i might start the weekend plans with it on friday, see what people...instead of OFFICIAL Weekend Plans i;m going to make a change to "LADS, its Time to face the WEEKEND PLANS"

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Spiffy

We've not fielded our strongest side yet have we?

Ginners

be lying if i said i wasnt concerned about the pod-people

Redordead

Quote:
I don't like the way you started your title with "Lads", it's a bit weird. Like you're some middle class £#%&!er from the home counties trying to fit in and failing.
No need #@&%! - Even if i was why be a @#%&!?

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:23 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
Don't have a cow man

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
more injuries than I've ever known may be a factor. That and the total lack of enterprise by Wolves last night.
To be fair we had a run of games 1-0 with the solid defence - really mis Rio and his distribution.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:26 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Hey, i wasn't trying to upset you, just commenting on your opening gambit. This is a forum where one might discuss such things.

I think In answer to your post "lads" question that we are still a team in transition after losing Ronnie who haven't been able to fully find an identity due to an incredible number of injuries making it impossib;le to get a settled side. That said, i think we've been pretty good at times this year, as impressive in many ways as we were last season, when for long spells we got by off the back of a settled defence we've not had at all this season.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
We've not fielded our strongest side yet have we?
I don't think we have since the CL Final in '08, and that was the only time that side played together.

The team didn't feel right last season either, fwiw. It's all a bit samey. The whole team feels like it needs a shake up of some kind. Probably partly as a result of the efforts that have gone in to sustaining the success of the last 3 years, not many teams last longer than the 3 year cycle without a major shake-up.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Hey, i wasn't trying to upset you, just commenting on your opening gambit. This is a forum where one might discuss such things.

I think In answer to your post "lads" question that we are still a team in transition after losing Ronnie who haven't been able to fully find an identity due to an incredible number of injuries making it impossib;le to get a settled side. That said, i think we've been pretty good at times this year, as impressive in many ways as we were last season, when for long spells we got by off the back of a settled defence we've not had at all this season.
I like the optimism, but am not feeling it. With a solid back four i am sure we will be a better team going forward - Rio especially missed. I just cant get excited by Valencia,park berbatov - maybe its just the lack of the worlds best player.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Jez Quigley

I wouldn't worry about the piss-taking about 'Lads'.

However, the capital letter on the 'Why' may well set off some of the Grammar Police so watch your back

Personally - I'd bring back RvN for 6 months and then make a swoop in the transfer market next summer and get Huntelaar.

Nani and Valencia will develop nicely - we'll be right as rain soon enough.

thrills_pills_bellyaches

We don't have a back 4 at the moment

borsuk

think we're looking pretty good tbh. injuries are disrupting the side but we're playing better football than last year, no doubt, and are in a better position (this time last year we were two points worse off and sitting third in the league, 8 points behind chelsea iirc).

i'm enjoying this season more than i have quite a few others. rooney has been fantastic overall, anderson has his mojo back (still inconsistent tho). valencia has a touch of andrei about him, giggs and scholes are class, plenty of youngsters coming through. on top of all that the league overall is of a higher standard - villa, city, spurs and everton are all good sides imo - and is producing better games and more shocks. and the dippers are having a stupendously £#%&! time.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I like the optimism, but am not feeling it. With a solid back four i am sure we will be a better team going forward - Rio especially missed. I just cant get excited by Valencia,park berbatov - maybe its just the lack of the worlds best player.
So, lad, you've answered your own question, you miss Ronnie.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:39 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
We don't have a back 4 at the moment
It's affecting everything that as our best midfield pairing is having to play there and their replacements, Ando and Gibbo are a bit inconsistent.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:39 PM
dinger

Quote:
The stats say we are a better team going forward, we've scored more goals and have a better points tally than after the same amount of fixtures last season. As for Ronaldo I thought he was below his usual high standard last year, he didn't look interested for the most part.

The team haven't been playing great football for a few seasons now whats missing is a genuine world class midielder who can run games from start to finish, the midfield is best described as functional.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Lok

After the Burnley match all I heard was "we're shit, we miss Ronaldo".

Then we go on a good run and everyone is like "Ronaldo who? We're better now because the goals are coming from everywhere"

Then we lose to Liverpool and again it's "we're shit, we miss Ronaldo"

We then go on another good run with great wins against West Ham, Portsmouth & Wolfsburg and again "Ronaldo who? We're awesome!"

Finally, (a very good) Villa beat us and we 'only' beat Wolves 3-0 and we're shit again.

For what it's worth, I think we're good enough. Whether we'll win the League, CL etc... is yet to be seen but come May we'll be fighting on all fronts.

HTH
Closed Thread