Unread 16-12-2009, 11:43 AM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
reminded me of a young jaffo tbf honest

Nice looking lad tbf

Unread 16-12-2009, 06:04 PM
wonky no

carlo, my chopper isn't out. i just think gibson was unfairly written off before he even kicked a ball in the first team. anderson , on the other hand has been given far to much time by most. i'm not being anti anderson but pound for pound i think gibson is a better prospect. both are young, obviously.

one isn't Brazilian though.

i think it's fair enough to start player threads, don't you?

Unread 16-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Defo, he used to play with a chip on his shoulder. After he got the England captaincy however he lost a bit of this fire imo...thats not to say he still wasn't quality in his final seasons at united
Totally. His corners especially after that point were awful.

And Ferguson himself has alluded to it a few times, claiming he was gonna take him off in the 96 Cup Final if another one of his corners went into the keeper's hands a moment before he swung in the one that Cantona scored from

Unread 17-12-2009, 10:16 AM
toseeunited

Thumbs up

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...776905,00.html

Antonio Valencia hopes to go from strength to strength after an encouraging start to his Manchester United career.

The Ecuador winger has delivered some increasingly impressive performances since his summer move from Wigan to Old Trafford.

One of the most pleasing aspects of his form has been a good goalscoring record, with manager Sir Alex Ferguson recognising an improvement in this area.

Valencia is delighted to be contributing but insists he will not rest on his laurels.

"I only scored seven times in my three years at Wigan - and that probably included all the training sessions," he said in the Daily Express.

"I'm happy with my form but I'm definitely not settling for what I've done so far.

"I want to improve, keep learning and achieve a lot more.

"I think fans will see a lot more from me as we progress through the season."
Ferguson aim

Valencia found the target again on Tuesday as United beat a weakened Wolves side 3-0 to keep the pressure on Chelsea at the top of the table.

The Blues responded with a victory over Portsmouth to move three points clear again but Ferguson maintains he is happy with his side's position.

The Red Devils manager is looking for consistency over the next few weeks before then trying to overhaul the leaders in the second half of the season.

"I am anxious we make our mark this month. December is usually a rich time for us and I'm hoping this year won't be an exception," said Ferguson.

"I would be content to reach New Year's Eve simply in touch with the leaders.

"I'm not too concerned about being out front at this stage of the season.

"What is important to me is simply being in the race because we can handle a run-in."

Unread 17-12-2009, 10:30 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
carlo, my chopper isn't out. i just think gibson was unfairly written off before he even kicked a ball in the first team. anderson , on the other hand has been given far to much time by most. i'm not being anti anderson but pound for pound i think gibson is a better prospect. both are young, obviously.

one isn't Brazilian though.

i think it's fair enough to start player threads, don't you?
and his name doesn't end in "ic"
Closed Thread