United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:09 AM
wonky no

Default when are you lot going to give the lad credit?

i didn't see the full game but i'm watching extended highlights now and barring a colossal own goal hatrick i think gibbo deserves a thread (by someone other than me)

i've not seen a corner taken so sweetly and consistently since beckham ffs. i've not seen as much attacking from a central midfielder since a certain ginger wizard came on the *seen.

the lad deserves it.

*scene

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Wez

Thumbs up Re: when are you lot going to give the lad credit?

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=125

taff

Default Re: when are you lot going to give the lad credit?

he's a decent squad player tbh fair

Whalefish

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:19 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
exactly

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:20 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i didn't see the full game but i'm watching extended highlights now and barring a colossal own goal hatrick i think gibbo deserves a thread (by someone other than me)

i've not seen a corner taken so sweetly and consistently since beckham ffs. i've not seen as much attacking from a central midfielder since a certain ginger wizard came on the *seen.

the lad deserves it.

*scene

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no

the lad deserves it.

*scene
What a ridiculous statement!

Gibson will be a good squad player, due to him being a 10 goal a season type of player. His mobility is piss poor though, comes to something when Scholes at this age is putting in a higher workrate.

Is Gibson still to get to grips with the pace of the premiership? Or is he going to at some point up his game and workrate?

But I agree, he put in some decent corners, something which we haven't done in a long time.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester

Gibson will be a good squad player, due to him being a 10 goal a season type of player. His mobility is piss poor though, comes to something when Scholes at this age is putting in a higher workrate.

Is Gibson still to get to grips with the pace of the premiership? Or is he going to at some point up his game and workrate?

But I agree, he put in some decent corners, something which we haven't done in a long time.
Does he need to run around like a lunatic then?

Wasn't that sort of game mate.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Does he need to run around like a lunatic then?

Wasn't that sort of game mate.
No, and I don't mean to be a Tevez / Alan Smith as you're suggesting, just be nice if he didn't follow the game like primary school football. The game seems to pass him by quite a bit.

If we'd of had Fletcher in midfield instead of him, then he'd have bossed the midfield and saved Scholes' legs. Gibson still has quite a way to go, good job he's got a fair old shot on him.

And it was that sort of game, as with a bit more get up about ourselves tonight, we could have wiped out the goal difference.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
No, and I don't mean to be a Tevez / Alan Smith as you're suggesting, just be nice if he didn't follow the game like primary school football. The game seems to pass him by quite a bit.

If we'd of had Fletcher in midfield instead of him, then he'd have bossed the midfield and saved Scholes' legs. Gibson still has quite a way to go, good job he's got a fair old shot on him.

And it was that sort of game, as with a bit more get up about ourselves tonight, we could have wiped out the goal difference.
It's hard though when you have 10 men camped in their own half not even contemplating 'having a go' at the opposition.

Of course Gibson's got a long way to go, this is his 1st decent run of games in the first team since he's been at the club. And probably doing better than Fletcher was at his age. IMO.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Manchester

Quote:
It's hard though when you have 10 men camped in their own half not even contemplating 'having a go' at the opposition.

Of course Gibson's got a long way to go, this is his 1st decent run of games in the first team since he's been at the club. And probably doing better than Fletcher was at his age. IMO.
Still one paced though, and hasn't shown any signs of being any different. As I said before, he needs to up his game and get involved more.

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:54 AM
wonky no

Quote:

eh? he put in a decent shift from what i saw, popped up all over the pitch, our box , their box, right side, left side. chased back ran forward. sat back, linked up, shot, turned and passed. passed round the corner, passed backwards retaining possession. what else can he do??

Unread 16-12-2009, 12:56 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Still one paced though, and hasn't shown any signs of being any different. As I said before, he needs to up his game and get involved more.
%@#$&!s.

Unread 16-12-2009, 01:04 AM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Or he can let the ball do the work.

Unread 16-12-2009, 01:31 AM
rogieop

Quote:

excellent point.

then again even when fletch was being "blooded" you could tell there was something about him when fergie put him in the middle.

problem was he was cosistently out on the right.

Unread 16-12-2009, 02:01 AM
Argentina

He's a bit of a panic merchant on the ball at times which sees him have a shit touch and occasionally runs around in a circle with it while he holds out his hands as if to say 'where the £#%&! are my options!??!?'

Still, he's been doing alright, gives us a threat from outside the box, range of passing is alright, seems intelligent enough. He'll develop.

Unread 16-12-2009, 02:20 AM
Spiffy

In answer to the original question, not at the moment. He's only been in a few games and due to the credit crunch there's not much around at the moment and I'm saving that for Rooney. He does look good though, so far. Then again so did Keith Gillespie and Luke Chadwick.

Unread 16-12-2009, 06:16 AM
borsuk

did well last night imo. it was a churn the result out kind of game, wolves didn't come to play and we've got a shitload of games coming up. gibson played fine, he's played better and he will play better but he's coming along well.

on fletcher, plenty of players were better than fletcher at 21. eagles, richardson etc etc. i wish some of them had improved half as much as he has, they might still be here.

Unread 16-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Tumescent Throb

thought he should've been sent off

needs half a yard, but looks like he's determined to get it. he has a chance.

Unread 16-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Smeggs

he's only played a handful of first team games. didn't think he played well last night, failed to impose himself on a championship midfield, took a good corner for the second and prob should have got the second yellow.

can't see him being first team.
Closed Thread