United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2017, 02:02 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
If we wanted a player who does nothing but goal poach we could have signed Jordan Rhodes for a lot less than £75m. Lukaku should be offering a lot more considering his price and wage. His ball control is absolutely disgraceful for a supposedly top level footballer and his attitude at times is really questionable. He's got all the raw attributes but plays like an 18 year old still trying to figure the game out.
That post

Unread 11-12-2017, 02:17 PM
LFOD

he does look lost out there and doesn't know how to get back into games. this happens when a guy comes to this club and is not mentally prepared week in and week out. we've seen it before. big games early and a slide backwards.

Unread 11-12-2017, 04:09 PM
windy waffles

Has saffers reappeared since accusing us all of being racists?

Unread 11-12-2017, 04:20 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
he does look lost out there and doesn't know how to get back into games. this happens when a guy comes to this club and is not mentally prepared week in and week out. we've seen it before. big games early and a slide backwards.
ruud would wonder in and out of games you would not see him touch the £#%&!ing ball for an hour.

I would put my £#%&!ing house on ruud scoring from 6 yards out. That's the difference with top top class strikers they don't need 6-7 chances.

We looked terrible going forwards yesterday so I am not that frustrated when we only have 30% of the ball but you have to score that £#%&!ing chance.

Unread 11-12-2017, 04:31 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
ruud would wonder in and out of games you would not see him touch the £#%&!ing ball for an hour.

I would put my £#%&!ing house on ruud scoring from 6 yards out. That's the difference with top top class strikers they don't need 6-7 chances.

We looked terrible going forwards yesterday so I am not that frustrated when we only have 30% of the ball but you have to score that £#%&!ing chance.
But Ruud, like all other top strikers, would use his down time trying to work out how to break the defence, how to create the space required for his team mates to play him in. He would drop deep to find the ball and help create chances for others, Sheringham is another example of this. Lukaku just does the same thing as naseum and that's the frustration with him considering his price tag

Unread 11-12-2017, 04:53 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
But Ruud, like all other top strikers, would use his down time trying to work out how to break the defence, how to create the space required for his team mates to play him in. He would drop deep to find the ball and help create chances for others, Sheringham is another example of this. Lukaku just does the same thing as naseum and that's the frustration with him considering his price tag
not sure why the price tag has anything to do with it

he created two goals with his movement and pace against arsenal. the ball over the top from pogba in the champs league was about movement and composure to finish.

We don't create a £#%&!ing thing when poggers is out. I don't blame rom for that but when you are not getting much and the game is not going your way by god you get that once chance you take it. For me its about being clinical.

ps any excuse to post this

Unread 11-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
He was top scorer last season, he's our top scorer, he's scored a lot of goals everywhere he's been - now he's shite?
Spot on. We paid for goals & are getting goals & more beside. Yes he was poor on the weekend, but thats down to Mourinho & his tactics. Zlatan was shit when we played at Liverpool & Chelsea last season . Its the way we set up. Rom is starved of service. Anybody know how many goals Zlatan had this time last season ? or when was the last time any striker had more than Rom at this stage.

Unread 13-12-2017, 06:12 AM
JSMHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
If we wanted a player who does nothing but goal poach we could have signed Jordan Rhodes for a lot less than £75m. Lukaku should be offering a lot more considering his price and wage. His ball control is absolutely disgraceful for a supposedly top level footballer and his attitude at times is really questionable. He's got all the raw attributes but plays like an 18 year old still trying to figure the game out.
I don't think Lukaku is even a goal poach. A poacher should be like Hernandez, always find his space to get away from defenders. Poacher shouldn't get too closed with defenders.

Lukaku doesn't do that, he's more like a target man who likes to challenge defenders in close combat with physical attribute, waiting for service & winning header. He reminds me of Berbatov in only one aspect which is both players are lazy in movement off the ball.

Unread 13-12-2017, 06:49 AM
Denis Irwell

Wouldn’t call him lazy tbh

Unread 13-12-2017, 07:31 AM
JSMHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Wouldn’t call him lazy tbh
I'm not calling him lazy as a footballer basis. I'm calling him lazy in his off ball movement (Either he's lazy or just doesn't have the intelligence to be a poacher). Instead of finding a space where he can get away from defenders he prefers to receive a ball when defenders are closed to him.
Combine with poor touch & unable to find a space, good defenders especially in top club will find it easy to deal with Lukaku. How many times we have seen Smalling put Lukaku in his pocket everytime United face Everton in the past.

Unread 13-12-2017, 08:06 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMHE
Smalling put Lukaku in his pocket everytime United face Everton in the past.
I think blind had him in his pocket last year at OT(2015-2016 season)

Unread 24-11-2018, 05:54 PM
Cream

Quote:
Remember it well
Quote:

Unread 24-11-2018, 05:59 PM
red in cumbria

When he's bad, he's very bad.

And right now, he's EXTREMELY bad

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:05 PM
ziggyman17

even a donkey has a better first touch.........

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:06 PM
Buck

When he's good he's bad

All he can offer is tap ins and even when he was scoring you can't help but feel he's more of a hindrance than a help. He's a mid-table striker who needs everything geared towards him but at United and any title aspiring side he's not good enough in ability to warrant that freedom.

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:07 PM
armchair

why the £#%&! did we sign this donkey?

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Mou must have a big lump up front as a short cut. Saves him the work of working on a team wide style when he can just hit them and play from there. Unfortunately with Lukaku he identified a flat track bully with poor technique and an erratic ability to use his strength.

Lukaku's incompetence has made Fellaini essential to Mou.

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:20 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Mou must have a big lump up front as a short cut. Saves him the work of working on a team wide style when he can just hit them and play from there. Unfortunately with Lukaku he identified a flat track bully with poor technique and an erratic ability to use his strength.

Lukaku's incompetence has made Fellaini essential to Mou.
the thing is he's not even good at the things mou signed him for. his hold up play is shit and he doesn't bully defenders. he's a decent finisher but that's it.

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Because we were scared RM were £#%&!ing us around over Morata and we’d find ourselves empty handed. Always a good reason to whack out 80m on a piece of furniture I find.

Unread 24-11-2018, 06:24 PM
Sparky***

And like a lot of dreams....

there's a monster at the end of it.
Closed Thread