United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-12-2009, 10:48 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: mikey phelan needs to start dressing like pep guardiola

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81
You aren't half an angry young man Marlo.
Thick as pigshit too, you should hear him speak.

Unread 02-12-2009, 10:52 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
try and make sense brl. 2nd time now.
Quote:
love it.
i one idiot would come along and make it a 'fergie vs guadiola' issue.

its about motivating players not about who is a better manager but then again you want people to like you so swinging it towards that would get a few controversial statements from me, then a chance for you to praise fergie to the high heavens and get a few '100% agreed' 'spot on mate' and maybe even the 'nail on the head picture'

not going to happen.
pathetic.
Irony
and no marlo that isn't the process in which you mum gets the creases out of your troos

Unread 02-12-2009, 10:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The point of the video was to enhance the sense of team unity and belief in one another. Fergie has often said that one of his basic motivational techniques during pre-match or half time team talks is to instruct the players to look around the dressing room and appreciate the quality of their team-mates; to trust that they are playing with great players in a great team. The theme of Barca’s video was the same. Every player was covered in the video, to inspire confidence in the players themselves and, perhaps most importantly, each other. If anything, this becomes more important when things are not going your way, e.g, going a goal behind or starting the game poorly.

I don't know what kind of effect watching such a video had on those particular Barca players, but given that coaches with records of high achievement at the top level of various sports indulge the method, I’d say we should probably at least acknowledge the possibility that there is maybe something in it.

Unread 02-12-2009, 11:07 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
apologies you didn't get the turn of thread subject you wanted.

maybe i should have replied with ...'it took fergie years to win a trophy while pep won the treble in his first full season'

that would have set you up nicely.

shame!
That's it. I wanted the thread to turn that way. It was in no way a tongue in cheek remark. That's why I posted a clip from the fast show and put a remark about them playing well that night. You need to chill out and stop drinking so much red bull, the sugar is making you hyperactive.

Unread 02-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
This is a totally different marlo to the one I have told 3 times, and even by PM that I am now employed.

Do you have Alzheimers?
what you doing these days mate?

Unread 02-12-2009, 11:18 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
what you doing these days mate?
Sex toy for Japanese businessmen.

Unread 02-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Sex toy for Japanese businessmen.
thats gross

Unread 02-12-2009, 05:07 PM
S/Side.Red

I realise that a lot of people on this thread are motivated to disagree with the concept of Guardiola's motivational techniques in order to continue their daily arguments with Marlo, but the ignorance is still quite staggering. Still, I'm sure Pep would be gutted to learn that a bunch of lads on a forum have dismissed his coaching techniques as worthless.

Unread 02-12-2009, 05:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I realise that a lot of people on this thread are motivated to disagree with the concept of Guardiola's motivational techniques in order to continue their daily arguments with Marlo, but the ignorance is still quite staggering. Still, I'm sure Pep would be gutted to learn that a bunch of lads on a forum have dismissed his coaching techniques as worthless.
You're incredibly humourless.

Unread 02-12-2009, 05:17 PM
marlo

Quote:

Unread 02-12-2009, 05:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Reading grown men relentlessly bickering with strangers on the internet for no apparent reason isn't particularly funny. Sorry to break that to you.

Unread 02-12-2009, 05:24 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Still, I'm sure Pep would be gutted to learn that a bunch of lads on a forum have dismissed his coaching techniques as worthless.
Yeah, loads of people in football care about what some fans say on a forum.

Ffs, people were having a laugh, we don't need to turn it into a World Soccer Magazine type thing.

Unread 02-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Grimson

Quote:
I don't know what kind of effect watching such a video had on those particular Barca players, but given that coaches with records of high achievement at the top level of various sports indulge the method, I’d say we should probably at least acknowledge the possibility that there is maybe something in it.
I'm not debating the potential value of watching such a video. I'm debating that this particular video helped the Barca players on that particular night, on the evidence that they started the match relatively poorly. That's it. It's my opinion.

Unread 02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
borsuk

what a bizarre discussion. what motivates one group may not motivate another; what motivates at one time may not at another. the whole point of motivation is to understand where you are starting from with each individual or group. there's no one way to do or not do it.

Unread 02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yeah, loads of people in football care about what some fans say on a forum.

Ffs, people were having a laugh, we don't need to turn it into a World Soccer Magazine type thing.
Speak for yourself. My posts are at that standard.

Unread 02-12-2009, 05:32 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
what a bizarre discussion. what motivates one group may not motivate another; what motivates at one time may not at another. the whole point of motivation is to understand where you are starting from with each individual or group. there's no one way to do or not do it.
nope. apparently it can be proven that team talks motivate players and that videos do not.

Unread 02-12-2009, 05:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I'm not debating the potential value of watching such a video. I'm debating that this particular video helped the Barca players on that particular night, on the evidence that they started the match relatively poorly. That's it. It's my opinion.
Fair enough, that bit wasn't clear to me, but I was mainly offering an argument as to why the first ten minutes not going well doesn't necessarily mean the video and the motivation it generated didn't still play a role later on in the match.

Unread 02-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Good news is I think the humour bypass has been succesfull.

I started this conversation by the way. And I stick by the fact that the video is cringeworthy regardless of it's results.

Unread 02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Good news is I think the humour bypass has been succesfull.

I started this conversation by the way. And I stick by the fact that the video is cringeworthy regardless of it's results.
in the very loose sense of the word

Unread 02-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Irony of the highest order
Closed Thread