Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-01-2018, 11:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
£#%&! off

Blind men can’t fight
Conte - 20+ years in competitive sport..

Jose - speaks several languages...

I know who my money is on in a fight.

Unread 08-01-2018, 11:55 AM
Stickman

Jose could pay Conte off to get the desired result.

Unread 08-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Conte - 20+ years in competitive sport..

Jose - speaks several languages...

I know who my money is on in a fight.
Conte the arm flapper vs Jose the gouger?

No £#%&!ing chance.

Going to Leeds or across Stanley Park ? Conte would be screaming for police protection while Jose’d pull a rechargeable angle grinder, never mind a £#%&!ing Stanley knife. Winner and proper snide.

Unread 08-01-2018, 12:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Conte the arm flapper vs Jose the gouger?

No £#%&!ing chance.

Going to Leeds or across Stanley Park ? Conte would be screaming for police protection while Jose’d pull a rechargeable angle grinder, never mind a £#%&!ing Stanley knife. Winner and proper snide.
Conte was winning on the pitch in the heat of battle. If Jose can't sneak up on you, he's not interested. Proper coward. Conte would batter him.

Unread 08-01-2018, 12:31 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Conte was winning on the pitch in the heat of battle. If Jose can't sneak up on you, he's not interested. Proper coward. Conte would batter him.
Wanting the manager, of your own club, battered.

Disappointed in you, Dunk

Unread 08-01-2018, 12:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Wanting the manager, of your own club, battered.

Disappointed in you, Dunk
Don't want him battered, just a fairly obvious conclusion to any fisticuffs between him and Conte.. or most people tbh.

Unread 08-01-2018, 12:35 PM
Ethers

Looked pretty hard before the wig tbf

Unread 08-01-2018, 12:36 PM
Clarkie

Looks better there actually

Unread 08-01-2018, 12:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Looked pretty hard before the wig tbf

Got in amongst it with Keane, Butt et al on the pitch, and did fairly well IIRC.. can't imagine Jose mixing it with Jesper Olsen tbh..

Unread 08-01-2018, 12:38 PM
andyroo

Just look at him, hand in the pocket fondling his bribe money

Unread 08-01-2018, 12:41 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Just look at him, hand in the pocket fondling his bribe money
That would never, I repeat never, happen with Mou imo

Unread 08-01-2018, 12:45 PM
TheFatGoth

Looks like Stig Tofting there

Unread 08-01-2018, 12:48 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I can't believe my faith in the great man ever wavered.

Forever team Mou.

I wouldn't go as far as that...... but the fact that he has already won trophies with us is testament to him.

No other manager could have come to us and won 2 trophies last year and got us to 2nd in the PL by now.

I can tell you Pep couldn't have done it because he won nothing last year with a superior squad and more groundwork done for him than Mourinho had.

Unread 08-01-2018, 01:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

I wouldn't go as far as that...... but the fact that he has already won trophies with us is testament to him.

No other manager could have come to us and won 2 trophies last year and got us to 2nd in the PL by now.

I can tell you Pep couldn't have done it because he won nothing last year with a superior squad and more groundwork done for him than Mourinho had.
Tbf, he wasn't in the Europa and we knocked him out of the League Cup.

Unread 08-01-2018, 01:22 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Tbf, he wasn't in the Europa and we knocked him out of the League Cup.

Agreed, but objectively one takes over a team which have grown in stature over the last decade, are in the Champions League, last winning the title in 2014 and with these the top 10 players in their squad:

Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, Yaya Toure, Kompany, Sterling, Fernandinho, Otamendi, Navas

The other takes over a team that have been in disarray since the departure of a manager who had been at the helm forever, are not in the Champions League and had last won the title in 2013 and with these the top 10 players in their squad:

De Gea, Mata, Martial, Rooney, Rashford, Herrera, Carrick, Valencia, Blind, Smalling

And - one manager has spent £100M more than the other manager to date.

So with the calibre of the squads and state of the clubs upon arrival and spend in the transfer market to date which manager would you 'honestly' expect to win the league first?

Unread 08-01-2018, 01:25 PM
dunk

Yes, but you said he couldn't have won the Europa or League Cup purely because he didn't

Unread 08-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Yes, but you said he couldn't have won the Europa or League Cup purely because he didn't
He didn't. He said two trophies

Unread 08-01-2018, 01:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
He didn't. He said two trophies
Yes, but 1 of the 2 weakest competitions he wasn't even in.

Unread 08-01-2018, 01:32 PM
sub three hours

Quote:

Sorry dunk, things can get lost in interpretation sometimes. What I was trying to say was that i don't think that any other manager (including Pep) could have come to us and won 2 trophies last year and got us to 2nd in the PL by now.

Unread 08-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Yes, but 1 of the 2 weakest competitions he wasn't even in.
f***ing hell lad, give it a rest.

Yes, you hate Mourinho. You want him to fail and belittle everything he does and achieves. Now, you're twisting someone's post to suit your agenda. Almost gone beyond Saffers' obsessive hatred with LvG. Riccers with Moyes

The guy never even mentioned the League Cup or EL. He said two trophies! He had 4 trophies he could have delivered last year. He delivered none! That was his point
Closed Thread