United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
without wanting to sound like a @#%&!... we've reached a CL semi & 2 finals, winning one, for which we reputedly raked in approx. £90m for the season. Have won the PL 3 seasons running on record prize money, won the World Club Championships & renegotiated a number of sponsorship deals like the Saudi Telecom & whatever airlines etc stuff & have no dividends to pay out as a result of all that... the previous board was obviously pretty good in a financial aspect but ticket prices have been upped & the ACS introduced etc etc etc...

It's not complete pie in the sky.

The fact remain the holding company is the area that debt is leveraged against & as such any %@#$&!s chat on R5 tonight would clearly ignore that & instead focus on "cash" etc

Linkage to other financial stuff this season

'reputedly' raked in 90 million.A massively inflated guess.

Lost 292 million in 3 years trading under the Glazer umbrella.Fact.

Unread 02-06-2009, 10:47 PM
jem

Default they are bloodsucking scum

who deserve to die.

without the debt, we'd probably have kaka and essien and be invincible.

we would very cleverly have avoided buying cech, however.

Unread 02-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Drinker
'reputedly' raked in 90 million.A massively inflated guess.

Lost 292 million in 3 years trading under the Glazer umbrella.Fact.
it was a figure from MasterCard or some such %@#$&!s who were an official sponsor. Bit strange.

Anyways.... turnover etc can do what it wants, the facts are the interest is eating it all plus a shitload more & we are in a £#%&!ing perilous position if we £#%&! up on the pitch.

Unread 02-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
£#%&! Ole, too.
Not sure he could have done anything about it to be honest.

Unread 03-06-2009, 12:23 AM
MUFC One Love

The Glazers are so 2005.

Get over it, we've been successful under them.

Top Reds.

Unread 03-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Not sure he could have done anything about it to be honest.

Neither could Fergie

Unread 03-06-2009, 12:37 AM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
who deserve to die.

without the debt, we'd probably have kaka and essien and be invincible.

we would very cleverly have avoided buying cech, however.
I honestly don't believe this.

Louis Edwards> Martn Edwards> Glazers.

It really is a shame we don't have a say in how the club is run now

Unread 03-06-2009, 10:30 AM
redloner

So let me get this straight...

Champions League win - Glazers, check. PLc, check.

Three titles on the run - Glazers, check. Plc, check.

Best talent in the world - Glazers, check. PLc, check.

Cost comparison - Glazers interest & costs £250m 2005-2009 inc
Cost comparison - plc dividends on shares £30.5m 2001-2005 inc.

So I'll once again conclude that whatever we have achieved under the Glazers we have and could again achieve as a plc and have over £200m left over for more players, with no need for the ACS or as high ticket prices.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:51 AM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
I honestly don't believe this.

Louis Edwards> Martn Edwards> Glazers.

It really is a shame we don't have a say in how the club is run now
I don't remember a time when the fans ever had a say in how the club ws run.

The PLC paid a certain amount of lip service by creating the 'fans forum' but again I can't remember them having ant real impact.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:58 AM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
I don't remember a time when the fans ever had a say in how the club ws run.
The PLC paid a certain amount of lip service by creating the 'fans forum' but again I can't remember them having ant real impact.
Hence the smiley Mr. Paz

edit. We never have or probably will tbh. Unless I can find summatt on Bill Gates and blackmail him,mmmmmmmm....... leave it with me, I'll work on it

Unread 03-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Baron

From the Guardian's summary of our financial health...

The still-extraordinary spectacle of the "leveraged buyout". The Glazer family bought the world's richest club in 2005, then loaded it with the costs of their own takeover, and despite the glittering success over which they have since presided, the debts have continued to mount. By 2008, a staggering £263m in interest alone had become payable, yet the capital United owe had actually grown to £699m, because some of the interest, at high rates, accumulates. These massive debts are not threatening the club financially while it remains successful, but it is painful to think of the other uses to which United's vast earnings could have been put.

The problem with Utd is the debt is only just sustainable, plus they're wasting £69M a year on interest payments. That could have been spent on players.

Unread 03-06-2009, 12:05 PM
sullers

Has it ever been about fan ownership? I think people are getting their wires crossed. It's always been about the debt and the supporters servicing it.

Unread 03-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Bottom line is that it's all about United winning trophies for most people and nothing else.

The anti-Glazer movement got bolstered by a couple of fallow seasons on the pitch - as soon as we won the league again most people who have no concept of the financial precipice we're on are happy again.

Unread 03-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

it's ridiculous to say our transfer policy since they took over isn't unrecognisable from what it was under the plc

in fact it's so rediculous that even those who have tried have spent their time desperately arguing "sell to buy" and making themselves look silly

it is also undeniable that the Glazers know how the finance industry works and are quite happy operating within the machinations of a corrupt capitalist system where being despicable and greedy is a prerequisite, and where spivs, ponces and chancers live the high life off the back of other people's talent.

Unread 03-06-2009, 12:33 PM
marlo

over the next few weeks ill write a thesis for you lot on united financial position from an accoutants point of view.

will be a good read.

not for the unemployed of illeducated though.

Unread 03-06-2009, 12:59 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
Hence the smiley Mr. Paz

edit. We never have or probably will tbh. Unless I can find summatt on Bill Gates and blackmail him,mmmmmmmm....... leave it with me, I'll work on it
ring the sun and tell them he's the father to asbo's child

Unread 03-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
over the next few weeks ill write a thesis for you lot on united financial position from an accoutants point of view.

will be a good read.

not for the unemployed of illeducated though.
another few weeks eh

ffs you're already over 4 years behind

Unread 03-06-2009, 01:18 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
ring the sun and tell them he's the father to asbo's child
Interesting , very interesting

Unread 03-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloner
So let me get this straight...

Champions League win - Glazers, check. PLc, check.

Three titles on the run - Glazers, check. Plc, check.

Best talent in the world - Glazers, check. PLc, check.

Cost comparison - Glazers interest & costs £250m 2005-2009 inc
Cost comparison - plc dividends on shares £30.5m 2001-2005 inc.

So I'll once again conclude that whatever we have achieved under the Glazers we have and could again achieve as a plc and have over £200m left over for more players, with no need for the ACS or as high ticket prices.
As far as I know, that only advantage the glazers have given us is the fact that we don't have to pre announce our transfer targets to the stock exchange anymore.. Considering the price we paid for the likes of Berbie I hardly think that this 'advantage'' actually does anything for us.

Unread 03-06-2009, 01:52 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
As far as I know, that only advantage the glazers have given us is the fact that we don't have to pre announce our transfer targets to the stock exchange anymore.. Considering the price we paid for the likes of Berbie I hardly think that this 'advantage'' actually does anything for us.
I don't think you're correct here, as far as I'm aware the PLC only had to make announcements to the stock exchange after deals were completed they didn't have to announce who their transfer targets were.

Since the Glazer takeover the transfer dealing has appeared to be much slicker, whith a couple of exceptions (Carrick & Berbatov).

I doubt this has much to do with the Glazers directly and has more to do with the PLC board leaking the info for their own individual ends.
Closed Thread