Unread 03-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Count them with me, Zorgster:

1. Portuguese
2. Spanish
3. English
Oh right, didn't know he spoke Espanish.

Unread 03-12-2008, 06:24 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Count them with me, Zorgster:

1. Portuguese
2. Spanish
3. English
plenty of people talk %@#$&!s in numerous languages.....courtesy, humility and respect are the same in any language and his English is certainly good enough to express himself

still, if he scores on satdee i dont give a £#%&!

Unread 03-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
courtesy, humility and respect are the same in any language and his English is certainly good enough to express himself
Which he did, if you actually read the transcript of what he said.

Unread 03-12-2008, 06:35 PM
notrightnow

Some of yesterday's MUTV interview

Did you ever imagine in the streets of Madeira that one day you might win the Ballon D'Or?

No, not then. After I became a professional footballer I believed I always had a chance to win - one day - because I had the ability, the character - the opprtunity. When I came to Manchester United I started to think in a different way, to be more professional.

When you play around and with great players, when you play with one of the big clubs in the world you have an opportunity to win things. You start to think - maybe one day you can win the Ballon D'Or.

The history of the award - the greatest players win the award - I feel very proud.

Fourth United player - Law, Charlton, Best in 68 - a great achievement for you and the club

It'a amazing. Only four players. More players could have won. I'm very proud to be part of the history of the Ballon D'Or and Manchester United. It's a great feeling.

I've dreamed of winning this.

I'm in a great club. I hope I can continue to win things - individual and collective.

Thank you to my teammates. Thankyou to the club. Thankyou to everyone who works at the club. People who've helped me.

Can you improve?

Of course I can improve. If you think you know everything, it's not good. I'm still ambitious. I have many things to learn. I think I can be better than last year - I know it'll be really hard, but I'll try. If you don't try you win nothing. New season, new challenges. To win things - individual and collective.

Unread 03-12-2008, 06:36 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Which he did, if you actually read the transcript of what he said.
in that case, i sit here in my pants, corrected

Unread 03-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Stakker

Oh boy, what a goof! do I feel like a klutz!

Unread 03-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrightnow

Thank you to my teammates. Thankyou to the club. Thankyou to everyone who works at the club. People who've helped me.
I notice he failed to mention the cleaning lady by name. Arrogant @#%&!

Unread 03-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
plenty of people talk %@#$&!s in numerous languages.....courtesy, humility and respect are the same in any language and his English is certainly good enough to express himself

still, if he scores on satdee i dont give a £#%&!
actually that's not true except on paper

different accents, dialects and gesture are interpreted differently from region to region, pub to pub, never mind different languages in different bleeding countries

Unread 03-12-2008, 11:29 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
actually that's not true except on paper

different accents, dialects and gesture are interpreted differently from region to region, pub to pub, never mind different languages in different bleeding countries

whats this gesture telling you

Unread 04-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
in that case, i sit here in my pants, corrected

Unread 04-12-2008, 10:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Oh right, didn't know he spoke Espanish.
Real Madrid paid for lessons for him.
Closed Thread