United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Fergie's parting gift
Was a steaming scottish shit landing right in the managers seat.

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Ultimately no, but I am still not sure I would classify it as a bad signing (sounds stupid I know) Good pedigree in Germany, a key part of a very exciting Dortmund side, good age, looked exactly what Utd needed at the time of his signing, fairly cheap price. Exactly the template of what Utd should be looking for, player about to break to the world level with their best years ahead.

I have some sympathy for him because of the Van Persie signing, his natural role in the team became defunct.
agreed. wasn't a bad idea to sign him. but turned out to be a waste.

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:50 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
Was a steaming scottish shit landing right in the managers seat.
Dunno why that's made me laugh

Shocking final purchase from Frog, nqat

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:57 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Shocking final purchase from Frog, nqat
It was a pension top up, nothing to do with football imo. A final ‘Bebe’ before he called it day.

Pleased for him tbf.

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:58 AM
andyroo

At least Bebe was funny

Unread 28-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
At least Bebe was funny
Obertan ranks pretty high for laughs as well.

Unread 28-01-2015, 10:04 AM
puressence

ran the show at old Trafford in the cup game then we bought him ..not sure how he can classed as anything ffs ive played more mins for utd

Unread 28-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Ethers

Awful player. Only decent thing he ever did for us was throw one up Moyesie's daughter.

Remember me and Jack getting pelters for suggesting he might not be that good when he first signed. Saaaaaaaged.

Unread 28-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Awful player. Only decent thing he ever did for us was throw one up Moyesie's daughter.

Remember me and Jack getting pelters for suggesting he might not be that good when he first signed. Saaaaaaaged.
Very hard to express an objective view about new/potential signings, without getting an avalanche of duvet reds piling on.

Takes a hard stomach. Dunk is basically bullet proof at this stage.

Case in point Di Maria. Loads of people said no thanks when he was supposed to be on the way to psg. Once he was set to join united, he became jesus mk2.

Unread 28-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Very hard to express an objective view about new/potential signings, without getting an avalanche of duvet reds piling on.

Takes a hard stomach. Dunk is basically bullet proof at this stage.

Case in point Di Maria. Loads of people said no thanks when he was supposed to be on the way to psg. Once he was set to join united, he became jesus mk2.
There's no turning Dunk, got to respect that.

Let myself down a bit with Di Maria. Said all along he was massively over-priced, not a proper worldy, wouldn't be running games for us etc. Then allowed myself to get giddy after a game or two and admitted I was wrong.

Dunk would never have done that. Would have stuck to his guns, and would now be reaping the sage rewards when it turns out that Di Maria is absolute mince.

Unread 28-01-2015, 10:39 AM
The Watcher

Quote:

Let myself down a bit with Di Maria. Said all along he was massively over-priced, not a proper worldy, wouldn't be running games for us etc. Then allowed myself to get giddy after a game or two and admitted I was wrong.

Dunk would never have done that. Would have stuck to his guns, and would now be reaping the sage rewards when it turns out that Di Maria is absolute mince.
Will never forget dunk’s insistence that the 1-0 win over Arsenal last season was a shit result and proof Moyes wasn’t up to it. A lot of fredsters that should’ve known better were basking in that pathetic display, throwing around expressions like “Moyesiah” or “Chosen One” with cool faces all over the place. Not dunk. Like Churchill in 1940, he was resilient in the face of insurmountable odds.

Showed similar character after the 0-5 in Leverkusen too iirc. An example to us all.

Unread 28-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

I did exactly the same thing with di maria.

3 games in and I was sure we got a proper world class player.

We can't get it right all the time.

But that just makes dunk even more respectable imo.

TW calls it. He's the forum Churchill.

Unread 28-01-2015, 10:59 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&!ing hell Fergie's transfers in his last 3 years. :shakehead:

Ashley Young
Phil Jones
Chris Smalling
Bebe
Antonio Valencia
Mame biram diouf
Gabriel obertan
Anders Lindegaard
Wilfried Zaha
Alexander Buttner
Angelo Henrique
Nick Powell

TOTAL = £104m

On utter shit, the vast majority of which did absolutely nothing aside float around our reserves. :shakehead:
There's the massive opportunity cost of bringing that pile of nothing in. The world class defensive partnership that could have been acquired instead of jones and smalling making do in MF at the same time as showing geniune class the door and proclaiming Nick Powell as the future.:shakehead: Did we even have a scouting network other then fergles brother:shakehead:

Unread 28-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Ethers

Fair play to the big fella.

Unread 28-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Fair play to the big fella.

Unread 28-01-2015, 11:35 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
the difference being a player that cant get in chelsea's team can point to the world class player keeping him out, whereas if you can't get a game at united you're just clearly shiter than a shit@#%&!
Ander says hi

Unread 28-01-2015, 11:41 AM
believe

Doesn't Dunk just say everyone who isn't from Manchester is shit and everyone who is isn't?

Unread 28-01-2015, 11:44 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Doesn't Dunk just say everyone who isn't from Manchester is shit and everyone who is isn't?
Just you.

Unread 28-01-2015, 11:56 AM
My Name is Keith

Still think ando's contract renewal in 2010 rivals the very worst transfer %@#$&!s that fergie put us through.

At least with a signing, there's a chance that the player may develop at United surrounded by one of the best managers in the business with all the infrastructure etc. Ando was a proven waster shit @#%&! - at a time when we needed to try and somehow replace two of the greatest central midfielders to ever grace the game. And he offered that fat lump of shit a 5 year deal.

Anyway you look at it, it's blow your brains out stuff.

Unread 28-01-2015, 11:57 AM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
ran the show at old Trafford in the cup game then we bought him ..not sure how he can classed as anything ffs ive played more mins for utd

i liked Zaha,at least he went the right way on the pitch.he would have got a chance under SAF...id rather see him than Valencia or Fellaini or Januzai stinking the place out

Moyes and LvG are safety first managers ,they prefer 99%perspiration and 1 % inspiration
Closed Thread