United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2015, 08:21 AM
puressence

Hope he goes on to be a worldy tbh .... Joke that you see some of the shit@#%&!s given games to prove there shit ..he didnt even get that honour ...feries legacy zaha and moyes ..beautiful

Unread 28-01-2015, 08:26 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Hope he goes on to be a worldy tbh .... Joke that you see some of the shit@#%&!s given games to prove there shit ..he didnt even get that honour ...feries legacy zaha and moyes ..beautiful
have you seen him play for Palace? He looks like that pepperami every time he get's the ball.

Unread 28-01-2015, 08:26 AM
puressence

Saw him change the game v spurs

Unread 28-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Saw him change the game v spurs
Were we looking good till he came on?

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:03 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&!ing hell Fergie's transfers in his last 3 years. :shakehead:

Ashley Young
Phil Jones
Chris Smalling
Bebe
Antonio Valencia
Mame biram diouf
Gabriel obertan
Anders Lindegaard
Wilfried Zaha
Alexander Buttner
Angelo Henrique
Nick Powell

TOTAL = £104m

On utter shit, the vast majority of which did absolutely nothing aside float around our reserves. :shakehead:

Some you win some you loose

Ronnie(expensive punt but look at the return on him)
Vida
Evra
Cantona

To name a few but I agree that froggie overdid the hidden gem thing in the last few years and should have sprinkled the team with a few worldies too mainly at the time Ronnie and kettle neck £#%&!ed off

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:14 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&!ing hell Fergie's transfers in his last 3 years. :shakehead:

Ashley Young
Phil Jones
Chris Smalling
Bebe
Antonio Valencia
Mame biram diouf
Gabriel obertan
Anders Lindegaard
Wilfried Zaha
Alexander Buttner
Angelo Henrique
Nick Powell

TOTAL = £104m

On utter shit, the vast majority of which did absolutely nothing aside float around our reserves. :shakehead:
Yep a load of toilet, but you did conveniently leave out David De Gea and Robin van Persie.

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yep a load of toilet, but you did conveniently leave out David De Gea and Robin van Persie.
And Hernandez, who has to go down as a success overall despite how his Utd career is ending. Kagawa as well, did not work for him at Utd but he was clearly a very good player.

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
And Hernandez, who has to go down as a success overall despite how his Utd career is ending. Kagawa as well, did not work for him at Utd but he was clearly a very good player.
Kagawa's signing wasn't a success though.

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:29 AM
S/Side.Red

Genuinely think Zaha might be Fergie's worst ever signing, when you consider fee, impact and judgement.

Over-priced at £15m, did absolutely nothing for us and in terms of judgement I don't know how they ever thought he was good enough. I saw him a few times for Palace before he arrived and he looked nowhere near being a potential top player.

Whichever scout approved that deal, I hope they're no longer with the club.

andyroo

Quote:
So they say, hoho.

Yep definitely Hernandez, was actually a left field bargain that worked out, that touch has all but completely deserted us now.

suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
have you seen him play for Palace? He looks like that pepperami every time he get's the ball.

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Nani

I'm not convinced this one can be entirely blamed on Fergie. Fergie signed what at the time was one of the best young English prospects (albeit shining in the Championship) but Fergie never got to work with him. Would he have still been shit had he played last season under Fergie, probably, but I feel very confident he'd have got more opportunities and playing time, so we could at least have performances to judge him by. Absolutely ridiculous how Moyes used him last season, didn't play him, clearly didn't fancy him, but then throws him on when we're 1-0 down against Newcastle expecting the kid to work some miracle

Shite business again though, seriously hope we have some big %%% fee on any future sale.

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Kagawa's signing wasn't a success though.
Ultimately no, but I am still not sure I would classify it as a bad signing (sounds stupid I know) Good pedigree in Germany, a key part of a very exciting Dortmund side, good age, looked exactly what Utd needed at the time of his signing, fairly cheap price. Exactly the template of what Utd should be looking for, player about to break to the world level with their best years ahead.

I have some sympathy for him because of the Van Persie signing, his natural role in the team became defunct.

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:38 AM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Genuinely think Zaha might be Fergie's worst ever signing, when you consider fee, impact and judgement.

Over-priced at £15m, did absolutely nothing for us and in terms of judgement I don't know how they ever thought he was good enough. I saw him a few times for Palace before he arrived and he looked nowhere near being a potential top player.

I think Fergie was basing the decision to sign him on the game against us in the Carling cup, and the likes of Holloway, and a few other gobshite manager pals of his bigging him up constantly.

Dreadful signing.

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Tiberian

Quote:

Remember Dunk getting shit for pointing that out during the Moyes pre-season?

Zaha looked like a slightly better version of Bebe, not quite as raw but the same problems with his game.

Powell is an odd one, he was extremely highly rated within the game, I expected a lot more.

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:41 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
I think Fergie was basing the decision to sign him on the game against us in the Carling cup, and the likes of Holloway, and a few other gobshite manager pals of his bigging him up constantly.

Dreadful signing.
In his book he dives Darren the "credit", hence the Peterborough comment up the thread.

Just how expensive was that bloody Carling Cup game, it cost us Poggers and landed us with Zaha :shakehead:

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:42 AM
The Watcher

Lest We Forget

The big man goes on to lose his shit quite badly when it's suggested that Zaha may not actually be the second coming of Garrincha. Good times

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:43 AM
dunk

Quote:

Madness it was. Just screamed average from before he even got here £#%&!ing awful signing.

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:44 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Remember Dunk getting shit for pointing that out during the Moyes pre-season?

Zaha looked like a slightly better version of Bebe, not quite as raw but the same problems with his game.

Powell is an odd one, he was extremely highly rated within the game, I expected a lot more.
Yep, because I agreed. Did well in Asia against the amateurs iirc then looked woeful in that game in Scandinavia

Powell I hadn't really watched, but being highly regarded within the English game doesn't seem to count for much tbh, especially from lower leagues. How many times do we hear about the next sensation like Nathan Redmond only to discover that they're actually shite.

Unread 28-01-2015, 09:45 AM
TheFatGoth

Fergie's parting gift
Closed Thread