United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:09 AM
RemisMoses

I don't get excited about United much these days, we know its going to be drab and dour there's no point expecting anything else these days.

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:10 AM
Sandman

Sorry pal, but I'm really not. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see us go through after stifling the game, and sneaking a goal. Exciting times for us plucky little underdogs.

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:13 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
Nah. Don't really enjoy watching us play at the moment.

Plus I don't think we have a hope of winning it.
This .

It's a real effort to watch - boring football played by overpaid shit@#%&!s I can't be arsed now when 4/5 games are just dire .

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:15 AM
dunk

Can’t watch so no

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:22 AM
Clarkie

Course.
I'm excited anytime we play.
Granted, it's a £#%&!ing slog watching some of the matches. like Spurs, Newcastle etc but £#%&! it.
CL knockout stage, what's not to like?

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:22 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can’t watch so no
Pizza express pol?

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:23 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:24 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Thread not going quite as planned.

Sevilla are vulnerable. Should be a good game in theory.
Not a single memory from the cl posted, fuzzy sniding and later being owned. Loads of doom. Thread turned out better than expected.

People must be feeling low if andyroo's post in the thread is the least pessimistic.

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:29 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Should be a good game in theory.
Maybe, doubt it though. I expect both teams would be happy with a 0-0.

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:31 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Maybe, doubt it though. I expect both teams would be happy with a 0-0.
Quote:
Though fifth in La Liga, Sevilla have lost nine of their 24 league matches. At the start of the month, they went down 5-1 in Eibar. Last month, mid-table Real Betis downed them by five goals to three in their own backyard. Victories, meanwhile, have tended to come against the division’s weakest sides. Sitting six points off fourth-placed Real Madrid, who have a game in hand, few Sevillistas expect their club to grace the Champions League again next year

English observers are familiar with this season’s iteration of Sevilla following those two comeback draws against Liverpool. Both the 2-2 at Anfield and the remarkable 3-3 in Spain were creditable results but, on the balance of play, Jürgen Klopp’s side should have left with maximum points each time. The surprisingly heavy defeat at the hands of a distinctly average Spartak Moscow was more indicative of their inconsistent season so far.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a8220386.html

Would be quite disappointed if we didn't get an away goal or two tonight....

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:34 AM
Seamus

I’m looking forward to it and I have my place booked on the settee and I have my united shirt in the tumble dryer

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:35 AM
Pop

Remember the excitement going back twenty years or so when Utd would land a sexy exotic serie a side, Inter Milan or the likes, whose players Utd were always linked with on Club Call;

£15m Zamarano: "come and get me Fergie"

Oooooh, dad, can I phone up teh club calls please?

No.

Bah.

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:37 AM
Clarkie

Strange place to have it.
Would you not hang it up in your wardrobe

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Pizza express pol?
As the meme goes, I would be able to watch it in that case

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:40 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Course.
I'm excited anytime we play.
Granted, it's a £#%&!ing slog watching some of the matches. like Spurs, Newcastle etc but £#%&! it.
CL knockout stage, what's not to like?
Yep.

Thread full of spoilt @#%&!s more than team of shit@#%&!s.

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:41 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Not a single memory from the cl posted, fuzzy sniding and later being owned. Loads of doom. Thread turned out better than expected.

People must be feeling low if andyroo's post in the thread is the least pessimistic.
Cheers pal.

Why might that be? Why do you think nobody except you and I holds out a lot of hope for tonight?

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:42 AM
Tiberian

Yes, been a long time since we had a real European night. Europa League did little for me, even the final, and the group stage this year was a non-event against dreadful teams. Get through this and then draw the winner of the Roma-Shatkar tie, while hoping the rest cut each others throat, and who knows?

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:43 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Is a 1-1 at home to a poor Barca side a good result? Grant you the others.

And it is fair to say after recent displays United are the ones who have to lift the fans and not the other way round. Good performance tonight could kickstart our season. Sevilla's style will suit us I think. If we're clinical we could make the 2nd leg a dead rubber.
Well, it's not a shit result is it?

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:55 AM
rustling jimmies

Quote:

I can't wait for it pal, don't let them bring you down

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:58 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustling jimmies
I can't wait for it pal, don't let them bring you down
It's a really doomy thread even by fred standards

Surely you don't have to expect a swashbuckling performance to be excited for a knockout cl tie where any mistakes will be punished. Even some of our dull cl games under ferie had serious tension which made you forget that it was quite a bad game.
Closed Thread