United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: ..
Team Pog - our star player, team should be built around him, Jose just isn't using him correctly 7 16.28%
Team Mou - the boss, knows best, Pogba isn't pulling his weight and needs to sort his attitude out 15 34.88%
£#%&! the pair of them - get rid 21 48.84%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Sparky***

Here's a reminder of just how big bad mourinho made him look shit against Shelvey and Diame.

Unread 17-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Ethers

One of Europe’s most prodigiously gifted young players ffs

Even Shaw’s agent would describe that as a bit OTT

Unread 17-02-2018, 03:30 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Here's a reminder of just how big bad mourinho made him look shit against Shelvey and Diame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeay8cuFLJ4

It's like Mourinho says: he's playing shit, by his own very high standards.

No issue whatsoever and probably won't last beyond the end of the month.

Unread 17-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Shade

Quote:
I would imagine that having the likes of Khedira, Dybala, Vidal, Tevez, Pirlo, Marchisio, Llorente, Evra, etc. around him helped him.

Compare that to having the likes of Herrera, Bogbrush, Young, The Scottish Player, Lingard, Blind, Smalling, Jones, etc. around him.

Unread 17-02-2018, 03:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
I would imagine that having the likes of Khedira, Dybala, Vidal, Tevez, Pirlo, Marchisio, Llorente, Evra, etc. around him helped him.

Compare that to having the likes of Herrera, Bogbrush, Young, The Scottish Player, Lingard, Blind, Smalling, Jones, etc. around him.
You might have a point if he were playing against Barcelona or someone.

But £#%&!ing Newcastle? Jonjo Shelvey and that other £#%&!ing goomba Diame? Do me a favour.

He shouldn't need a supporting cast of world class footballers to perform against that shower of shit.

Unread 17-02-2018, 03:55 PM
Clarkie

Quote:

But f***ing Newcastle? Jonjo Shelvey and that other f***ing goomba Diame? Do me a favour.

He shouldn't need a supporting cast of world class footballers to perform against that shower of shit.
Whilst I don't often agree with them, a lot of football journalists today writing that he doesn't need to be indulged by the manager or the club, he needs to work.

Keane, Rooney, Sharpe, Giggs, Carrick are just a few players in my lifetime had to play out of position on numerous occasions but, they always done their best and put in maximum effort. I cannot say the same about Pogba

Unread 17-02-2018, 04:06 PM
LFOD

Quote:

But f***ing Newcastle? Jonjo Shelvey and that other f***ing goomba Diame? Do me a favour.

with that Juve team Barca f***ed them up the arse. Pogs looked like meh with Vidal and Pirlo next to him. And I love how some dopey c*** picks some of our starters vs Juve's first 11. f*** sake , he's a midfielder that cost 90m and can't play in a mifd two v Gecko Head. f*** off. He's been underwhelming and has had flashes of brilliance. Mostly he's been average. 90m of average. I guess you have to spend 120m to get a great player. All this Jose sold this guy and that - Fergie £#%&!ed this guy off. Hmm.

Unread 17-02-2018, 05:38 PM
utd99

Reading the op’s on this thread and others there seems to be a general consensus that Pogba is mentally weak, and tbh it wouldn’t surprise me if that were the case; It’s not uncommon in his generation. He went to Juventus a boy - one who would have had to defer to, and impress, veteran players like Pirlo - and came back, for a record fee, as the Man. It’s possible that he’s just not mature enough for the role of leader vs follower.

Unread 17-02-2018, 05:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Whilst I don't often agree with them, a lot of football journalists today writing that he doesn't need to be indulged by the manager or the club, he needs to work.

Keane, Rooney, Sharpe, Giggs, Carrick are just a few players in my lifetime had to play out of position on numerous occasions but, they always done their best and put in maximum effort. I cannot say the same about Pogba
Yep. At the end of the days, its games like Newcastle away where he is supposed to deliver the goods for us.

Unread 17-02-2018, 09:30 PM
andyroo

Quote:

But £#%&!ing Newcastle? Jonjo Shelvey and that other £#%&!ing goomba Diame? Do me a favour.

His attitude in last Sunday's game was absolutely diabolical... but cast your mind back to the game at Old Trafford. Pogba did ruin them, especially in the second half - it was arguably his best game for us. So Fat Benny responded by double teaming him on Sunday and having Shelvey and Diame kick him out of the game. Naïve of Mourinho to fall for it and leave him exposed to it, but as I say his terrible attitude didn't help things much either.

And it should've left them short handed elsewhere and didn't, and that's on Mourinho as well. Lost the tactical battle. To Benítez. Disgrace really.

Unread 18-02-2018, 10:29 AM
puressence

love the match threads after a win you can feel the pain in the outters that they cant quote chapter and verse and how to manage the team and players as they pop back under there rocks till the next one ... ill stand by it that there neither utd fans or stable ...

Unread 18-02-2018, 10:43 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
love the match threads after a win you can feel the pain in the outters that they cant quote chapter and verse and how to manage the team and players as they pop back under there rocks till the next one ... ill stand by it that there neither utd fans or stable ...
You tell em pure.

Quote:
Honestly hope he just £#%&!s off. The fraud .. 15 million a year for giving your centre half pic to get the ball and £#%&!ing kick it 60 yards to one player surrounded by 4 ... £#%&! off jose you smarmy Portuguese @#%&!
Quote:
No urgency void of ideas £#%&! this team £#%&! Jose
Quote:
Can’t wait for the club to go from Jose to Carlo. ... should be simeone silva even lucho someone with a bit of passion and can at least adapt the players to entertain .. this for me all started at Southampton away where we won 1-0 and hung on like £#%&!. Then played Liverpool and hung on again eventually his £#%&!ing let’s hang in at all costs messages has tripped into games they should be winning comfortably .. it’s so poor shoddy it’s staggering really

Unread 18-02-2018, 10:48 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
You tell em pure.

Unread 18-02-2018, 11:12 AM
Mr_Ed

Nobody is bigger than the club. Player or manager.

Unread 18-02-2018, 01:15 PM
Shade

No-one is questioning the current position of United. Last 16 of the Champions League, quarter-final of the FA Cup and 2nd in the Premiership is always good, yadda yadda.

Instead, the thing that is being criticized is the football on the pitch. Know the difference.

Obviously if you have the Top Red mental disease then you'll see anything as an attack against United.

Unread 18-02-2018, 01:37 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
You tell em pure.
love jose hate outters ..im hardly prolific

Unread 18-02-2018, 02:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
with that Juve team Barca £#%&!ed them up the arse. Pogs looked like meh with Vidal and Pirlo next to him. And I love how some dopey c*** picks some of our starters vs Juve's first 11. £#%&! sake , he's a midfielder that cost 90m and can't play in a mifd two v Gecko Head. £#%&! off. He's been underwhelming and has had flashes of brilliance. Mostly he's been average. 90m of average. I guess you have to spend 120m to get a great player. All this Jose sold this guy and that - Fergie £#%&!ed this guy off. Hmm.
Going way ott here. Firstly Juve gave Barca a good game - was 1-1 with twenty minutes to play. And Pogba did look good in that side, especially given his age. But having three proper central midfielders in that Juve team in addition to Pogba is a major difference.

I agree it's no excuse for him not to hold his own against Newcastle, though. Has to raise his bottom level. When he's bad he's dreadful.

Ultimately, it's part of United's job to provide the conditions to help him thrive. But mostly it's down to the player. He's 25; no excuses.

Unread 18-02-2018, 03:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
love jose hate [SIZE="2"]outters ..[SIZE="2"]im [SIZE="1"]hardly prolific

Unread 18-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Going way ott here. Firstly Juve gave Barca a good game - was 1-1 with twenty minutes to play. And Pogba did look good in that side, especially given his age. But having three proper central midfielders in that Juve team in addition to Pogba is a major difference.

I agree it's no excuse for him not to hold his own against Newcastle, though. Has to raise his bottom level. When he's bad he's dreadful.

Ultimately, it's part of United's job to provide the conditions to help him thrive. But mostly it's down to the player. He's 25; no excuses.
A year and a half a go....

Quote:
A major worry.....

This is the thing with the lad, he floats in and out of games at ALL levels, he never really bosses a game...

In the past it's a scathing pass, a Ridiculous volley, a flick or run...

Today......completely and utterly anonymous

Looked very tired and struggled to even hold off his man..

I can take him drifting in and out games but today he wasn't even in the game.
Still needs more players around him....

Unread 18-02-2018, 03:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
A year and a half a go....

Still needs more players around him....
Have always agreed somewhat, pal. Love Pogba's talent, but he's no better a player now than he was four years ago. That's a concern.
Closed Thread